why so silent?

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
Red_Fox

why so silent?

Post #1 by Red_Fox » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:22 pm

recently i noticed how many players are completely silent ingame.
they just drop a bunch of text walls on the board, say "eff", open their deck, pull out more cards and then somehow win on the next turn.
taking the time to read everything, i see that they did nothing wrong, but it just feels odd...

i choose this site over the automated Dueling Nexus because the interface of Dueling Book is more appealing.
but i also like the freedom that is given by the manual system. we can comment on every move, explain what pot of greed does and add our personal flavour to the game.
like "i sacrifice Steve #1, #2 and #3 to summon my almighty god card: Mega Ultra Chicken! in America!"

i mean, we have the manual system to simulate real world conditions, where you have to move the card by yourself and communicate with the other player. yet, those people act as if they play a fully automated game versus an NPC.

i don't expect everyone to be as enthusiastic as me, but they could at least name the card of which they activate an effect, and also which effect if there are multiple effects printed on it.
luckily, i have seen a few others who responded to me, at least a little.

Pfannkuchen

Post #2 by Pfannkuchen » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:01 am

Honestly, if you do this too much in a rated Match, you might receive a Warning for Slow Play. This kind of stuff is more for Unrated duels with people who'd like to do the same.

Clear communication is important, correct. But overexaggerating might not end well.

Red_Fox

Post #3 by Red_Fox » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:39 pm

Pfannkuchen wrote:Honestly, if you do this too much in a rated Match, you might receive a Warning for Slow Play. This kind of stuff is more for Unrated duels with people who'd like to do the same.

Clear communication is important, correct. But overexaggerating might not end well.

i play only unrated because it is the place where i can do this.
in rated i just name the card, like 'earth', 'venus', 'synchro 7' and 'pixie dragon'. i feel this is important to know what happened during a turn.
Ririka Momobami wrote:I will not waste time typing a few extra words out, just because you "are new"

that's not the topic here.
i know the game since the 1st day. i was talking about using some character text. you may even call it roleplaying, although i do not copy any characters.

i don't know how good you are at typing, but i don't take long to write "i activate Dark Magic Curtain to special summon you thought it is the Dark Magician, but it was me: Dio!"
"next i activate a spell card: Thousand Knives. ZA WARUDO!!!"

although, i had one opponent who took really long just typing "eff". every time...

-Vantage.Princess-
Mood:

Post #4 by -Vantage.Princess- » Wed May 29, 2019 3:31 am

Pfannkuchen wrote:Honestly, if you do this too much in a rated Match, you might receive a Warning for Slow Play. This kind of stuff is more for Unrated duels with people who'd like to do the same.

I strongly agree with this guy / girl whatever it is.
Your friends can't help you.

Code: Select all

Our enemy is crushed and our victory assured. Strategically, this one's in the bag!

Runzy
Mood:

Post #5 by Runzy » Wed May 29, 2019 6:58 am

Nice necro bump.
DB Judge 20/09/2017. 21/11/2023 - Present.
Retired: 15/12/2021 & 26/12/2022
Konami RC-1 & PC-1 Certified (August 2017)
Konami DC-1 Certified (March 2019)

-Vantage.Princess-
Mood:

Post #6 by -Vantage.Princess- » Wed May 29, 2019 9:11 am

Runzy wrote:Nice necro bump.

shoo, get out of here.
Your friends can't help you.

Code: Select all

Our enemy is crushed and our victory assured. Strategically, this one's in the bag!

xDEADCENTREx

Post #7 by xDEADCENTREx » Wed May 29, 2019 7:34 pm

-Vantage.Princess- wrote:
Runzy wrote:Nice necro bump.

shoo, get out of here.

Another runzy hater

Add me on discord?

Return to “Serious Discussions”