Why are we here?

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
Maximillion Pegasus

Why are we here?

Post #1 by Maximillion Pegasus » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:53 am

Discuss!
Last edited by Maximillion Pegasus on Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

JoJoToast

Post #2 by JoJoToast » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:10 am

Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg... and my arm... even my fingers. The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past.

CloudParameters
Mood:

Post #3 by CloudParameters » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:07 am

"Why are we here?"
"What is our purpose?"

These are very ambiguous questions that could refer to general existence on the planet, or
existence on this website.

If you're here on Dueling Book, I would expect that you're part of the general online
Yu-gi-oh! community since you've already registered an account with Dueling Book.
Reasonable & Possible explanations for this would be you're brought here by friends,
You're curious about the development, You're interested in the game, you used to be interested
in the game, or you wanted to get involved with a community.

If you're referring to our existence here in the universe, that becomes a much more complicated
question that can't be answered with mere fact. At that point it becomes a matter of faith and
beliefs. Why we're here can be explained with science, but the mere happenstance of luck that brought
us all here today is something completely unbelievable in itself. Imagine a planet approximately 4.5 Billion Years old, but you just happen to exist during the time Yu-Gi-Oh! existed. But your purpose almost certainly has nothing to do with this game or this community. We're all destined to do great things if we put effort and faith into our goals. Your purpose here in my own opinion is to make positive change in the world, no matter how small.

It's up to you how you conceive that that's around you, and what you want to make out of it.

Wobbu

Post #4 by Wobbu » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:37 am

We're here to shitpost.
Our purpose is to shitpost.

You should know this.
Server Owner and Administrator of the DB Donation Code Contests Server.
Executive of Ozone Tournaments.

DB Donation Code Contests: https://discord.gg/WJgXqTs
Ozone Tournament: https://discord.gg/AeGN3qJ
Dono codes are given as prizes in both.

Genexwrecker

Post #5 by Genexwrecker » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:04 am

We are here to listen to cloud think she knows what she talking about. Turns out none of use actually exist and this is all in her head
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Kaiza
Mood:

Post #6 by Kaiza » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:36 pm

misery loves company

[ Jujuuu. ]

Post #7 by [ Jujuuu. ] » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:24 am

We are here to live life, advance our species, and eventually become the nutrients for the fresh leaves we leave behind.

Kaiza
Mood:

Post #8 by Kaiza » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:10 am

[ Jujuuu. ] wrote:We are here to live life, advance our species, and eventually become the nutrients for the fresh leaves we leave behind.

That's even darker than anything I could have said :|

Tote

Post #9 by Tote » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:44 pm

We are here to have a quick escape from reality, this is a window to a place where most feel comfortable enjoying with others about the stuff they enjoy. If you are here, congratulations, you have found a group who is similar to you.
Tote

Official DB Judge (2017-2020 2023-Current)

RC-1 PC-1 DC-1 Certified

Kaiza
Mood:

Post #10 by Kaiza » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:31 am

Tote wrote:We are here to have a quick escape from reality, this is a window to a place where most feel comfortable enjoying with others about the stuff they enjoy. If you are here, congratulations, you have found a group who is similar to you.

In theory yes. In reality I learned that the online world is no prettier than the real one; the only barricade is the sense of safety it gives, which is then shattered by the fact that safety makes people act even worse

Bystander

Post #11 by Bystander » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:46 pm

Here on the DB is to get help with my decks and become a better player, Hopefully do the same to other players I meet here.

As for us on this planet, the easiest answer would be to help each other. We as humans are social creatures, we depend on each to help us through difficult times.

Krokoza

Post #12 by Krokoza » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:19 am

makes you think

:^\/
I am a fan of breakfast sandwiches

Return to “Serious Discussions”