Ruling algorithm

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
KyloBen

Ruling algorithm

Post #1 by KyloBen » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:14 am

What if we had a ruling test for common rulings, based off the current meta game (such as evenly vs scapegoat, and droll reincarn combo) but instead of it being used to pick judges, it's for rated. Basically in order to duel in rated, you would have to take this exam, and whatever score you get is publicly assigned to your profile. Then, when you go into rated, on top of being matched in terms of rating and such, it tries to match people with similar ruling knowledge as well, so someone who plays irl and is a rulings expert, doesnt get stuck in a rated duel with a scrub and a lot of time is wasted. It could even be, in order to duel in rated, you need to reach a certain score. the test can be taken once per week, till players in rated understand common rulings. The test could be updated each format to reflect the meta game and the updated common rulings. I think this would prevent a lot of headache in rated and save a lot of good players a lot of time. This is just a rough draft of what this could be, but the basic idea is the point

Thoughts?

Twisted Soul

Post #2 by Twisted Soul » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:22 pm

Not needed.
Until we meet again.

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #3 by __Blank__ » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:43 pm

Twisted Soul wrote:Not needed.

This is why nothing useful occurs, because your team writes it off or puts it on the backburner.

Why not try to get more users, instead of pushing them to duelingnexus like lantern was doing in DM with me?

This is why nothing useful occurs, because your team writes it off or puts it on the backburner.

Why not try to get more users, instead of pushing them to duelingnexus like lantern was doing in DM with me?

On topic: I will say I feel something has to be done, and this topic has been on my mind so much it's been intoxicating me how much potential the site has, and the people that fail to implement it due to not caring. It's rather sickening that this site is run by people with such a lack of caring about the forum, and DuelingBook itself. I liked DN a lot better despite their failure to catch the IP Evading TO dluc23.

I would love to have a system that judges a player's merit to be in rated in the first place. Something that actually makes them have to at least know some rulings, and if they do not score decently enough have them set to beginner so that they can learn the game in unrated, rather than qualifying them as a "new player" even when they got "high experience" because the act of enabling trolling is rather old.

I found a person guilty of 2 PE Offenses during a Tournament with a TO on standby that I had to catch. So I have no respect for any of the TO team sorry if I am too blunt.

We need something that encourages people to use the site, not enabling the very thing that is killing it!

KyloBen

Post #4 by KyloBen » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:11 pm

Yeah what was I thinking, something that would improve the quality of play on the site and actually help out good players. crazy idea. Thanks for the in depth input

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #5 by __Blank__ » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:05 pm

KyloBen wrote:

Yeah what was I thinking, something that would improve the quality of play on the site and actually help out good players. crazy idea. Thanks for the in depth input

You should see my discord conversation with The Exiled Tombstone aka Lantern

Quite fascinatingly I found that similar ideas have been suggested, regarding improving the rated section and reducing on trolls, and inexperienced duelists getting clumped with people who don't even know how to read a card. I was enraged with the response, and heard from them they haven't thought about ideas for the new year. I find speed duels are new, and I can see improvements are being done, with all the wrong priorities.

Twisted Soul

Post #6 by Twisted Soul » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:31 am

KyloBen wrote:What if we had a ruling test for common rulings, based off the current meta game (such as evenly vs scapegoat, and droll reincarn combo) but instead of it being used to pick judges, it's for rated. Basically in order to duel in rated, you would have to take this exam, and whatever score you get is publicly assigned to your profile. Then, when you go into rated, on top of being matched in terms of rating and such, it tries to match people with similar ruling knowledge as well, so someone who plays irl and is a rulings expert, doesnt get stuck in a rated duel with a scrub and a lot of time is wasted. It could even be, in order to duel in rated, you need to reach a certain score. the test can be taken once per week, till players in rated understand common rulings. The test could be updated each format to reflect the meta game and the updated common rulings. I think this would prevent a lot of headache in rated and save a lot of good players a lot of time. This is just a rough draft of what this could be, but the basic idea is the point

Thoughts?

To go more in dept it's not needed as that just mean that if other good or acceptable players didn't pass it you don't face them. If you get stuck in rated with someone not playing properly etc Judges are there to deal with that. Having a ruling test for rated just doesn't really make any sense and would just make it harder for certain people to match up or might just make the same people get matched up a lot. Aka why I thought it was not needed yet blank comes on all rambo without even asking for a deeper explanation on my part. Okay dude.
Until we meet again.

ggnorenextchallenger

Post #7 by ggnorenextchallenger » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:11 am

>Why not try to get more users, instead of pushing them to duelingnexus like lantern was doing in DM with me?

I'd try to get more users AND push you to nexus ngl

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #8 by __Blank__ » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:49 pm

Twisted Soul wrote:
KyloBen wrote:What if we had a ruling test for common rulings, based off the current meta game (such as evenly vs scapegoat, and droll reincarn combo) but instead of it being used to pick judges, it's for rated. Basically in order to duel in rated, you would have to take this exam, and whatever score you get is publicly assigned to your profile. Then, when you go into rated, on top of being matched in terms of rating and such, it tries to match people with similar ruling knowledge as well, so someone who plays irl and is a rulings expert, doesnt get stuck in a rated duel with a scrub and a lot of time is wasted. It could even be, in order to duel in rated, you need to reach a certain score. the test can be taken once per week, till players in rated understand common rulings. The test could be updated each format to reflect the meta game and the updated common rulings. I think this would prevent a lot of headache in rated and save a lot of good players a lot of time. This is just a rough draft of what this could be, but the basic idea is the point

Thoughts?

To go more in dept it's not needed as that just mean that if other good or acceptable players didn't pass it you don't face them. If you get stuck in rated with someone not playing properly etc Judges are there to deal with that. Having a ruling test for rated just doesn't really make any sense and would just make it harder for certain people to match up or might just make the same people get matched up a lot. Aka why I thought it was not needed yet blank comes on all rambo without even asking for a deeper explanation on my part. Okay dude.

Alright, I will give you that one, my bad... I just feel that it's more that people are leaving because they are tired of being paired with a bunch of idiots and wasting their time dueling them, however that is just the competitive players, when really none of them are that good.

I do see some new Judges going around, so I will watch them and bite my pride and my lip and gauge it and how the scene is now, before I shoot my mouth off again.

My apologies for that assumption. My feelings are no reason to go off at you, nor the past issues that have been resolved.

Usually I get the "Insert no" followed by no explanation, so I am at least grateful to get a reason attached that helps me to understand why it's not "needed".

Return to “Serious Discussions”