Idea on how to stop trolls when no judges online

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
raph1301

Idea on how to stop trolls when no judges online

Post #1 by raph1301 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:39 pm

I'm sure we have all had people troll us and go afk as there are no judges online so i propose a solution. Obviously the number of judges is limited due to the fact that not everyone is able to pass the test. However, if we got people who couldn't pass the test but still want to help moderate the website why don't we? Obviously they can't resolve ruling disputes but they could deal with things like afk and cheating. Also, for this proposed idea there should obviously be some sort of requirement in place, such as minimum exp, to stop people creating alts and abusing power ect. Thank you for taking time to read my idea

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #2 by __Blank__ » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:25 pm

Stop dueling with no Judges
Stop caring about Rating / Experience, it's a Number
The real SKILLED duelists of past are gone, barring maybe Flaming_Ice, outside of that I hear pros telling me DB rated is boring because it's too easy to grind ELO.

TL DR the real way to stop them, is to stop giving a .....

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #3 by __Blank__ » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:12 pm

Strike Ninja
Last Wednesday at 2:18 PM
Interesting, these are all fields that would be good to look into for sure.
I also need to bug Genex in a bit and ask them their plans for the Tournament Section going into 2019.

Thanks for retrieving the listed reason for the ban btw
Going over the replay I realize the person was asking about moving a card from field to monster zone the entire chat, and I mistook it as something "else"

It would be nice if the players using the site were forced to learn the mechanics of the site before using it.

Like a restricter for amount of duels played before they can play rated

Perhaps set it to 10?
Idk but I would like to recommend this feature to you.

Using myself as a scapegoat here, players often do not want to play against a new player, and as such if this were implemented it could reduce on the new players entering rated, and reduce on frustrations among other users, that gear more towards competitive.

When I say new, I do not mean new to the game, I mean new in the slang sense, of not knowing how to duel, read cards, do what they are doing etc. to be clear
Just a thought

Lantern
Last Wednesday at 2:22 PM
Similar ideas have been suggested in the past. I really don't think it's going to change. But who knows.

Strike Ninja
Last Wednesday at 2:22 PM

Well I can tell you this
You are losing people that use the rated pool over this already.
Myself I like to think of this as more of a solution to it

Lantern
Last Wednesday at 2:23 PM
If people don't want to play on the site, they're free to find alternative sites.

I will let this bit speak for itself...

This all set aside, I would recommend YGOPro, or YGOTDANE? Someone else knowing more of YGOPRO would know for sure. Myself I like to stick around DB because Addiction Issues to the site that stem from DN of past, so I understand not wanting a toxic environment, or one that makes you so mad you become toxic yourself. Regardless I know the staff I talk to don't see an issue, and that is because they are "too busy" to see it, and everyone that points it out to them has "Anger issues". Resulting in no solutions for these issues being attempted, much less conducted.

There is also this site called Dueling Nexus you could try out, as Lantern said "If you do not want to play on the site, you are free to find an alternative" so tha's what I would recommend. Finding an alternative.

The Exiled Tombstone

Post #4 by The Exiled Tombstone » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:50 am

You can report them on the forums if they are trolling in ranked.

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #5 by __Blank__ » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:00 pm

I have as an alt only judge i recall responding to me in dm was player1

Christen57

Post #6 by Christen57 » Sun May 03, 2020 6:03 pm

__Blank__ wrote:Stop dueling with no Judges
Stop caring about Rating / Experience, it's a Number
The real SKILLED duelists of past are gone

Where did they go?

Return to “Serious Discussions”