What will DuelingBook do without Flash?

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
saltymajestic

What will DuelingBook do without Flash?

Post #1 by saltymajestic » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:30 am

Hi all.

As the title suggests I'm really just throwing this out here just to see what kind of things are being discussed. For those who haven't heard Flash player will soon be unusable on most browsers including Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox just to name a few. I'm just wondering if the creators or others have any idea what can be done for the site without Flash. I really like Duelingbook It is by far my favourite online YuGiOh playing tool out there, I'd hate to see it disappear. Let me know what you all think, cheers.

Kenny Ackermann

Post #2 by Kenny Ackermann » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:26 pm

My guess is it would die. Personally I don't mind, because I get tired of seeing the toxic users in the rated section, and these days if I could i'd rather use an automated site, so I can duel without all the bullshit from users Mali AFKing, calling a judge because I call them an idiot, etc

Then when they lie to an admin about the gamestate they don't get banned, when lying to a judge is grounds for UC-Strict (Dropped from event, kicked out, no prize) which I feel would be a lot better as (Ban, don't come back, Ban)

Lying to an admin just means you abuse the site without respect for it, and as a result I feel users have no purpose being on the site, because you know they wont use an automated site (because they can't cheat, or waste people's time, without getting an automatic loss, or their turn passing after a timeframe {3 minutes}.)

Lost in Illusions

Post #3 by Lost in Illusions » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:30 am

"soon", its going to be discontinued in 2020. you think db's going to be a thing by 2020? lol

cherieontop
Mood:

Post #4 by cherieontop » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:48 pm

Strike Ninja wrote:Lost, the only way that would happen is if they had staff in TO positions that cared about the site, and applicants that cared enough to get TO for reasons other than the Color of it.

Hell I still see at least 5 TOs that have Purple and never host. Some of them are even recent hires according to the times listed.

Then you have users that can defame other users, and make them get mad and not want to use the site, and the admins don't care to do anything about it, especially if the victim retaliates and breaks a rule, in which the original offense get's tossed out from the other users and they only punish 1 user, the one they feel did a worse infraction, and hit them. That's how I got my 14 day ban, and it currently has 8 days left. I get called a Pedophile by Spiritual Beast, and defamed/slandered, but when i threaten to DDoS them, I get 14 day ban, show senior screens and all, and nothing is done about Spiritual Beast.

There is one TO that actually tries to change something, me, but its true that the current staff is terrible and its almost impossible to implement changes because the site is run by complete morons. Especially seeing that the most corrupt judges got promoted to Head/Senior judges and blatant abuse its understandable why ppl dont see a future for DB. Thats one of the reasons why I created my own community, its like a solution for everything that DB fails at, so theres always that https://discord.gg/Fd26ZNh
Competitive Yu-Gi-Oh! Online™
https://discord.gg/qdSjrXD

LensStorm
Mood:

Post #5 by LensStorm » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:01 pm

There are toxic users in rated. I can see that sometimes. Without Flash, DB would just crash.

Lost in Illusions

Post #6 by Lost in Illusions » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:25 pm

cherieontop wrote:
Strike Ninja wrote:Lost, the only way that would happen is if they had staff in TO positions that cared about the site, and applicants that cared enough to get TO for reasons other than the Color of it.

Hell I still see at least 5 TOs that have Purple and never host. Some of them are even recent hires according to the times listed.

Then you have users that can defame other users, and make them get mad and not want to use the site, and the admins don't care to do anything about it, especially if the victim retaliates and breaks a rule, in which the original offense get's tossed out from the other users and they only punish 1 user, the one they feel did a worse infraction, and hit them. That's how I got my 14 day ban, and it currently has 8 days left. I get called a Pedophile by Spiritual Beast, and defamed/slandered, but when i threaten to DDoS them, I get 14 day ban, show senior screens and all, and nothing is done about Spiritual Beast.

There is one TO that actually tries to change something, me, but its true that the current staff is terrible and its almost impossible to implement changes because the site is run by complete morons. Especially seeing that the most corrupt judges got promoted to Head/Senior judges and blatant abuse its understandable why ppl dont see a future for DB. Thats one of the reasons why I created my own community, its like a solution for everything that DB fails at, so theres always that https://discord.gg/Fd26ZNh

hi join cyo? we sell free n3sh nudes

Re-Qliate

Post #7 by Re-Qliate » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:30 pm

What will Duelingbook do without flash?
Heh..not bad kid, good question...I guess all the nerds like you and cherie will finally get to live a good life and going out with friends, if you have any, instead of playing on DB 24/7.
Xteven made already enough money with this site, he doesn't have to keep it opened, like who gives a fuck about it.
If it closes, many people will be cured, Kralj wouldn't have more girls to harass, we wouldn't have traps in the yugioh community and no shitty main menu. So please close DB!!

Also, make sure to join the best yugioh server!1111!!1
1$ Prize in our 32 people tourneys, have fun!1
CYO-Our Format Link: https://discord.gg/Fd26ZNh

Lost in Illusions

Post #8 by Lost in Illusions » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:32 pm

Re-Qliate wrote:What will Duelingbook do without flash?
Heh..not bad kid, good question...I guess all the nerds like you and cherie will finally get to live a good life and going out with friends, if you have any, instead of playing on DB 24/7.
Xteven made already enough money with this site, he doesn't have to keep it opened, like who gives a fuck about it.
If it closes, many people will be cured, Kralj wouldn't have more girls to harass, we wouldn't have traps in the yugioh community and no shitty main menu. So please close DB!!

no! i m sure the mighty cyo and tos will save db!!!11111111111111

Lost in Illusions

Post #9 by Lost in Illusions » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:56 pm

Ririka Momobami wrote:
Lost in Illusions wrote:
Re-Qliate wrote:What will Duelingbook do without flash?

no! i m sure the mighty cyo and tos will save db!!!11111111111111

You are in the wrong discussion bro, this isn't spam paradise, it's serious discussions ;)

That being said I will be hosting my Own Tournaments to rival the CYO Tournaments. I will be going for 8-16 1-2 Dollars May 1st onward and I plan to do so Daily. What does this mean?

It means I plan to resurrect my Itachi Live Series, and Restart it as the Ririka Live Series. It will be Current Format, it will apply M and N of the Updated Policy Documents *unlike DB* and it will be done every day except Sundays, because that will be the worst day for hosting for me.

Outside of this I am also willing to offer a service to the Community. Instead of Hosting I can offer someone ELSE the ability to host a Tournament with me providing the Donation Code for the unofficial tournament. I will be doing this to promote interest in the Tournament Hosting Scene, as I feel this section could use a boost, and this would be the kind of boost that might get individuals interested.

I will also when I get the free time, be making Ruling Exams of my own design, and researching with others rulings to implement into it, so I can try to get more people interested in Rulings, and becoming a Judge. Most of this I expect to happen around the next 1-2 month timeframe.

I feel that if DB lost Flash, then people would just wait for someone else to make a Yugioh Site, it seems to be the ongoing thread atm, and even though we only had 1 person do it, all we would need is to make it operable off flash with HTML5.

my reply not spam

Return to “Serious Discussions”