Should hand traps even be a thing in Yu-Gi-Oh!?

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
Akida

Should hand traps even be a thing in Yu-Gi-Oh!?

Post #1 by Akida » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:00 pm

I'll leave my opinion out of this to promote a more nuanced discussion, but I would like to hear your opinions.

DARKING453I

Post #2 by DARKING453I » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:51 am

i don't Know, What do you see?

Vennominaga

Post #3 by Vennominaga » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:10 pm

Definitely yes. However, game is not balanced at all, that is big mistake in design of those and other cards. There shouldn't be roll dice determination of who will probably win, having maxx c in hand or something like that. Some hand traps are just balanced in 1 format and op in another and F&L list cannot regulate that as quickly. I don't like that cards are pretty expensive and due to those hand traps, other hand traps are "forced" to play, if want to play competitive which is big mistake. Skill should be most relevant thing, not deck you play, but unfortunately with such tier 0 formats, that cannot happen often

Bystander

Post #4 by Bystander » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:43 pm

Ash blossom is one of the more balanced of the hand traps since it clearly states you can use any of its negations once per turn. It doesn't shut down the opponents turn so it requires skill when and what to use it one.

If most of the hand traps hand this clause it would balance them.

Maxx "C" shutting down an opponents turn never made sense to me, especially now that it is at 1. Yeah I get they get more cards and more options to counter your plays, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't have options as well to counter those upcoming plays.

paul17316ccc

Post #5 by paul17316ccc » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:47 pm

no but then we would also need more of the cards konami makes to be fair

nickdergrausame

Post #6 by nickdergrausame » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:17 pm

Long time i hated Handtraps for making traps irrelevant, but now i changed my opinion. But there are to many Handtraps. In the near future there will be a new Handtrap "conflagration & of heated summer" ^^ (Flames of Destruction)

The time of Handtraps will end if the "Dark Mummy" Viruscards appear. The Current Corruption Virus for example is the end of handtraps spoon-feeding..
Lord of fear. Lord of Illusions. Lord of evil, what do we do!? :roll:

:lol: saddling the horses :twisted:

Christen57

Post #7 by Christen57 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:23 pm

Vennominaga wrote:Skill should be most relevant thing, not deck you play, but unfortunately with such tier 0 formats, that cannot happen often

"Skill" has to do with 2 things: How well you build your deck, and how well you play your cards. Just like how you can't expect to win if you don't build a deck that is at least somewhat decent, you can't expect to win if you don't play your cards right.

Return to “Serious Discussions”