The "lack of judge issue" issue.

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
Lachy Dachy

Re: The "lack of judge issue" issue.

Post #101 by Lachy Dachy » Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:49 pm

I know dozens of people who pass the judge exam and havent been hired, its a joke

Genexwrecker

Post #102 by Genexwrecker » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:47 pm

Lachy Dachy wrote:I know dozens of people who pass the judge exam and havent been hired, its a joke

I know dozens of people who passed but were not qualified.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

ominous

Post #103 by ominous » Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:09 pm

Lachy Dachy wrote:I know dozens of people who pass the judge exam and havent been hired, its a joke

Knowing rulings doesn't make you qualified to be a judge, they also take into consideration your behavior, and based on how you act I don't image you keep good company.
Dont be stupid, Stupid.

Aesc

Post #104 by Aesc » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:09 pm

i think Duelingbook just needs a community that is willing to help!~

ominous

Post #105 by ominous » Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:22 pm

Aesc wrote:i think Duelingbook just needs a community that is willing to help!~

It needs smarter, better players.
Dont be stupid, Stupid.

Christen57

Post #106 by Christen57 » Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:15 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:

What are the other qualifications needed to become a judge?

ominous

Post #107 by ominous » Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:52 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:

Not being an ego-centric sociopath, which eliminates an unnerving number of people.
Dont be stupid, Stupid.

Genexwrecker

Post #108 by Genexwrecker » Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:12 am

Christen57 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:

Well firstly passing =/= good ruling knowledge it means you can answer rulings correctly. So that still needs to be proven. Your history on the site plays a role as well as attitude

ominous

Post #109 by ominous » Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:23 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:I know dozens of people who passed but were not qualified.

Well firstly passing =/= good ruling knowledge it means you can answer rulings correctly. So that still needs to be proven. Your history on the site plays a role as well as attitude

Which is why 90% of players are eliminated as judges almost instantly
Dont be stupid, Stupid.

Christen57

Post #110 by Christen57 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:53 pm

ominous wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Could duelingbook actually list this somewhere officially so everyone knows? Like on the front page? List these extra requirements to becoming a judge aside from passing the exam.

MarshieDemon

Post #111 by MarshieDemon » Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:00 pm

Christen57 wrote:
ominous wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:Well firstly passing =/= good ruling knowledge it means you can answer rulings correctly. So that still needs to be proven. Your history on the site plays a role as well as attitude

Could duelingbook actually list this somewhere officially so everyone knows? Like on the front page? List these extra requirements to becoming a judge aside from passing the exam.

Well the passing score is listed on the testing page and the system won't even let you take the exam if you don't meet the minimum account age and exp requirements.

Beyond that, needing to be respectful and not break the rules seems like common sense. I don't want disrespectful people on my staff.

Head Administrator

Genexwrecker

Post #112 by Genexwrecker » Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:36 am

Christen57 wrote:
ominous wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:Well firstly passing =/= good ruling knowledge it means you can answer rulings correctly. So that still needs to be proven. Your history on the site plays a role as well as attitude

If a person needs common sense and human decency listed as a hiring requirement they are already not qualified

ominous

Post #113 by ominous » Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:57 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
ominous wrote:Which is why 90% of players are eliminated as judges almost instantly

If a person needs common sense and human decency listed as a hiring requirement they are already not qualified

Db players are the kind people who would argue a factual statement is incorrect because of punctuation, they need it spelled out, otherwise they'll argue it.
Dont be stupid, Stupid.

MarshieDemon

Post #114 by MarshieDemon » Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:21 am

ominous wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Db players are the kind people who would argue a factual statement is incorrect because of punctuation, they need it spelled out, otherwise they'll argue it.

My counterargument to that is that our hiring choices are fairly judgmental. The passing score is the lowest bar needed to even be considered, but beyond that it just comes down to whether we think you'd be a good fit for the team. There doesn't seem to be a point to spell it out to people because if we just don't think they'd be a good fit, we just don't hire them, and there's really nothing that can be done about it.

And, I'll be honest, I'd rather have someone on my staff who doesn't need to be told to be a good person in order to be a good person. If you need to be told to be a good person to be a good person, you probably aren't a good person.

Head Administrator

ominous

Post #115 by ominous » Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:30 pm

MarshieDemon wrote:
ominous wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:If a person needs common sense and human decency listed as a hiring requirement they are already not qualified

My counterargument to that is that our hiring choices are fairly judgmental. The passing score is the lowest bar needed to even be considered, but beyond that it just comes down to whether we think you'd be a good fit for the team. There doesn't seem to be a point to spell it out to people because if we just don't think they'd be a good fit, we just don't hire them, and there's really nothing that can be done about it.

And, I'll be honest, I'd rather have someone on my staff who doesn't need to be told to be a good person in order to be a good person. If you need to be told to be a good person to be a good person, you probably aren't a good person.

And this, in addition to a lack of players actually willing to try and fix the issue they're complaining about, is why we have a "judge problem" everyone wants more judges no one wants to/ is qualified to be a judge.
Dont be stupid, Stupid.

sentinelsean

Post #116 by sentinelsean » Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:45 am

MarshieDemon wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
ominous wrote:Which is why 90% of players are eliminated as judges almost instantly

Well the passing score is listed on the testing page and the system won't even let you take the exam if you don't meet the minimum account age and exp requirements.

Beyond that, needing to be respectful and not break the rules seems like common sense. I don't want disrespectful people on my staff.

this is just a self-insert but would this be the reason I have not been considered for the role? I passed the new test when it came out but I assumed it was because my passing score was only the min benchmark. I more so want to know if its worth doing the new test when/if it comes out or if the decision is already been made.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #117 by DarwisBellium92 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:41 am

Recently, Kitty Trouble bypasses my blacklist without permission and is still on the defense about that Yuja Drayko & friends. But really, this thing is becoming petulant and even tyranny. By far, I prefer GenexWrecker as a best judge.
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist
Albaz/Branded and Gem-Knight/Tearlaments/Shaddoll player

"Not crediting an artist for your crappy custom cards is a world crime."
Cit.

Genexwrecker

Post #118 by Genexwrecker » Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:59 am

DarwisBellium92 wrote:Recently, Kitty Trouble bypasses my blacklist without permission and is still on the defense about that Yuja Drayko & friends. But really, this thing is becoming petulant and even tyranny. By far, I prefer GenexWrecker as a best judge.

judges cannot be blocked

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #119 by DarwisBellium92 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:33 am

Genexwrecker wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:Recently, Kitty Trouble bypasses my blacklist without permission and is still on the defense about that Yuja Drayko & friends. But really, this thing is becoming petulant and even tyranny. By far, I prefer GenexWrecker as a best judge.

judges cannot be blocked

Here I ask myself: how can he punish me (or intervene) if I keep the watch mode deactivated in custom duels?
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist
Albaz/Branded and Gem-Knight/Tearlaments/Shaddoll player

"Not crediting an artist for your crappy custom cards is a world crime."
Cit.

Genexwrecker

Post #120 by Genexwrecker » Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:42 pm

DarwisBellium92 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:

judges cannot be blocked

Here I ask myself: how can he punish me (or intervene) if I keep the watch mode deactivated in custom duels?

I just answered that

Return to “Serious Discussions”