The "lack of judge issue" issue.

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
Renji Asuka

Re: The "lack of judge issue" issue.

Post #81 by Renji Asuka » Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:22 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Read my post. I said:

If the site or company you volunteer at requires you to show up at a specific time / schedule, that's their choice. They choose to require its volunteers to show up on a specific schedule.
Duelingbook's choice is different. Duelingbook chooses to allow its judges to show up at any point throughout the day they're available and when there's a judge call that needs answering. There's nothing wrong with Duelinbook choosing to do these things slightly differently than the volunteer companies you're used to.

It's the organization's choice if they want to require volunteers to show up on time or not. Duelingbook has chosen not to compared to the organizations you're used to that do require volunteers to show up on a specific time.

Yes, which brings up my previous point that being a judge is nothing more than being a part of a glorified club.

If im in a club I want a refund

You get what you pay for!
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Christen57

Post #82 by Christen57 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:01 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
You're not going to change my mind my guy.

If you choose to volunteer for something, I will expect you to show up ON TIME. Doesn't matter if it's real life or online.

Don't show up, then expect not to be welcome.

Read my post. I said:

If the site or company you volunteer at requires you to show up at a specific time / schedule, that's their choice. They choose to require its volunteers to show up on a specific schedule.
Duelingbook's choice is different. Duelingbook chooses to allow its judges to show up at any point throughout the day they're available and when there's a judge call that needs answering. There's nothing wrong with Duelinbook choosing to do these things slightly differently than the volunteer companies you're used to.

It's the organization's choice if they want to require volunteers to show up on time or not. Duelingbook has chosen not to compared to the organizations you're used to that do require volunteers to show up on a specific time.

Yes, which brings up my previous point that being a judge is nothing more than being a part of a glorified club.

Read my post again. I already told you this isn't an argument. You're argument no longer has anything to do with your original suggestion of judge schedules if you're going to keep switching said argument to personal remarks towards the judge team and calling them a glorified club.

Genexwrecker wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Read my post. I said:

One solution I thought of to improve the lack of judge situation that I don't think anyone else suggested yet would be to allow judges to answer some calls from their mobile devices instead of only on their PCs at home. That way, if a judge wants to quickly take care of a call or two but can't because he's not at home on the moment, but has his mobile device with him, he can take the call from said device, allowing him to get to calls much more quickly as he no longer needs to take the time to get to his computer, boot it up, and boot up duelingbook to get to the call.

Renji Asuka

Post #83 by Renji Asuka » Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:24 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Read my post. I said:

Read my post again. I already told you this isn't an argument. You're argument no longer has anything to do with your original suggestion of judge schedules if you're going to keep switching said argument to personal remarks towards the judge team and calling them a glorified club.

Genexwrecker wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Yes, which brings up my previous point that being a judge is nothing more than being a part of a glorified club.

One solution I thought of to improve the lack of judge situation that I don't think anyone else suggested yet would be to allow judges to answer some calls from their mobile devices instead of only on their PCs at home. That way, if a judge wants to quickly take care of a call or two but can't because he's not at home on the moment, but has his mobile device with him, he can take the call from said device, allowing him to get to calls much more quickly as he no longer needs to take the time to get to his computer, boot it up, and boot up duelingbook to get to the call.

Read my post again.

I told you, that you cannot change my mind on the subject.

Christen57

Post #84 by Christen57 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:20 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Yes, which brings up my previous point that being a judge is nothing more than being a part of a glorified club.

Genexwrecker wrote:If im in a club I want a refund

Read my post again.

I'm not trying to change your mind. I'm try to get you to change your approach to this discussion, and to think your idea and plan through a bit more logically. I'm asking you to provide a stronger argument in favor of your judge schedule proposal if you have any, because right now the staff is reluctant to give such an idea another try, so you'll need a stronger argument if you wish to convince them.

I'm also asking for your detailed plan on how a judge schedule would work if you're still convinced we should give it a try, like if we should just try to get every judges' availability first, or just have one of those spreadsheets I showed the screenshots of in my previous post where the judges would input their names into the cells to indicate what times / days they'd likely be available.

Or, maybe neither of those are what you have in mind and you have something even better, so if you do, we're all ears.

ominous

Post #85 by ominous » Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:28 pm

The solution isn't more judges it's fewer stupid players and people who enable them.
Dont be stupid, Stupid.

Renji Asuka

Post #86 by Renji Asuka » Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:28 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Read my post again.

I'm not trying to change your mind. I'm try to get you to change your approach to this discussion, and to think your idea and plan through a bit more logically. I'm asking you to provide a stronger argument in favor of your judge schedule proposal if you have any, because right now the staff is reluctant to give such an idea another try, so you'll need a stronger argument if you wish to convince them.

I'm also asking for your detailed plan on how a judge schedule would work if you're still convinced we should give it a try, like if we should just try to get every judges' availability first, or just have one of those spreadsheets I showed the screenshots of in my previous post where the judges would input their names into the cells to indicate what times / days they'd likely be available.

Or, maybe neither of those are what you have in mind and you have something even better, so if you do, we're all ears.

My stance isn't changing.

No matter what you have to say my mind isn't going to change, my arguments aren't going to change.

You bringing this argument back when it was long and over with is literally pointless.

greg503

Post #87 by greg503 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:24 am

ominous wrote:The solution isn't more judges, it's fewer dumb players and people who enable them.

Some of it is also cards getting more complicated over time, longer text means less people want to read it.
Buy Floowandereeze

ominous

Post #88 by ominous » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:10 am

greg503 wrote:
ominous wrote:The solution isn't more judges, it's fewer dumb players and people who enable them.

Some of it is also cards getting more complicated over time, longer text means less people want to read it.

90% of judge calls would be eliminated if players cared less about an imaginary rating. The remaining 10% can be solved by a combination of reading comprehension and competent players answering clarifying questions.
Dont be stupid, Stupid.

Cromat

Post #89 by Cromat » Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:12 am

Throughout history, it has never been seen in digital that the other party changes their minds after an argument. What you two need to do is stop trying to increase your forum post count by fighting. If you want a refund, just say so. Obviously, I'll be happy to send you $0.

greg503

Post #90 by greg503 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:28 am

Cromat wrote:Throughout history, it has never been seen in digital that the other party changes their minds after an argument. What you two need to do is stop trying to increase your forum post count by fighting. If you want a refund, just say so. Obviously, I'll be happy to send you $0.

You mean strangers behind a screen are less convincing and charismatic than people you know IRL? Who would have thought...
Buy Floowandereeze

eyal282

Post #91 by eyal282 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:05 am

I would prefer having a type of judge under green that is slightly less competent, but able to either give a correct ruling or consult with the other judges on discord, or declare he's unable to answer and pass along.

Also, the mere existence of a judge online is a very useful deterrent to some trolls on rated.

Genexwrecker

Post #92 by Genexwrecker » Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:30 am

eyal282 wrote:I would prefer having a type of judge under green that is slightly less competent, but able to either give a correct ruling or consult with the other judges on discord, or declare he's unable to answer and pass along.

Also, the mere existence of a judge online is a very useful deterrent to some trolls on rated.

Thats called the newer judges
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

eyal282

Post #93 by eyal282 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:25 am

Genexwrecker wrote:
eyal282 wrote:I would prefer having a type of judge under green that is slightly less competent, but able to either give a correct ruling or consult with the other judges on discord, or declare he's unable to answer and pass along.

Hmmmm...

Maybe make the judge test as hard as Konami's judge test?

Is it really total lack of interest, or is screening also taken into account?

Maybe make greens / new judges unable to see the names of the users they are taking calls from. Dueling Book is a very small community and this might affect calls, and possibly accepting a new judge.

Genexwrecker

Post #94 by Genexwrecker » Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:31 pm

eyal282 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:

Hmmmm...

Maybe make greens / new judges unable to see the names of the users they are taking calls from. Dueling Book is a very small community and this might affect calls, and possibly accepting a new judge.

If our test was as easy as konamis the pass rate would be over 90%. The ability to see names has 0 effect on calls. They are taken in order. Screening is taken into account. A lot of people who take the exam and pass have quite negative reputations.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

ominous

Post #95 by ominous » Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:11 pm

No. We do not need more, shittier judges. No judge is better than 10 bad judges.
Dont be stupid, Stupid.

ominous

Post #96 by ominous » Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:39 pm

eyal282 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:

Hmmmm...

If they can't pass the test they shouldn't be a judge on DB. The solution to the "judge problem" like I've said for years now, is not quantity, it's quality. A few quality judges and quality players who know when to leave a duel and report someone for trolling stalling or harassing players, then move on.
Dont be stupid, Stupid.

eyal282

Post #97 by eyal282 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:53 pm

ominous wrote:
eyal282 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:Thats called the newer judges

Hmmmm...

If they can't pass the test they shouldn't be a judge on DB. The solution to the "judge problem" like I've said for years now, is not quantity, it's quality. A few quality judges and quality players who know when to leave a duel and report someone for trolling stalling or harassing players, then move on.

My opinion might not be precise, because I didn't take neither test, but you can have Coder / other Yugituber make content while training a judge.

ominous

Post #98 by ominous » Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:04 am

eyal282 wrote:
ominous wrote:
eyal282 wrote:
Hmmmm...

My opinion might not be precise, because I didn't take neither test, but you can have Coder / other Yugituber make content while training a judge.

No. Coder is a Judge who streams, not the other way around, and that does not mean streamers would make good judges.
Dont be stupid, Stupid.

greg503

Post #99 by greg503 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:53 am

ominous wrote:
eyal282 wrote:
ominous wrote:

No. Coder is a Judge who streams, not the other way around, and that does not mean streamers would make good judges.

Pretty sure they meant "have Coder make videos of them training a prospective DB judge"
Buy Floowandereeze

ominous

Post #100 by ominous » Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:50 am

greg503 wrote:
ominous wrote:
eyal282 wrote:

Pretty sure they meant "have Coder make videos of them training a prospective DB judge"

Why would they do that, the best part of coders judge content is how terrible the calls he takes are.
Dont be stupid, Stupid.

Return to “Serious Discussions”