the stupidity of some of duelingbook/networks rules

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
Eijisu

the stupidity of some of duelingbook/networks rules

Post #1 by Eijisu » Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:36 am

so after having played on the *dueling* platforms for uh i forgot how long i must say i am very disappointed in the rules basically they can remove all the rules and narrow it down to do what the feck u want in any other format then RATED and you can get away with it. Hell even the spam rule for the chat is looser then a shopoholics purse.

so what im more specifically talking about is the unsporting conduct section. so what am i more specifically talking bout well
imma take an example that someone i spoke to gave me they wish to remain discreet so they will be called X and opponent Y

so x and y plays a game seems to go pretty chill until Y intentionally or maybe unintentionally ignores X words they got a resp they proceed the effect X pauses game to politly ask y to undo effect since they responded. Y gets.. upset and butthurt and starts insulting X and call them a dumb bich oh look

X remains calm and asks again even unpausing the game asking Y to undo effect they continue their turn now blatantly ignoring the response completely or any other responses that X may have. Games paused again Y gets upset and begins to use racial slurs racism and such to insult X
and when they dont react threaten X with finding them and physical violence.

at this point X just talks to a staff online even providing screens (unsure if they really did or not only got their word for it) gets typical answer if its unranked just leave and put them on ignore.

so what this shows and teaches us is that as long as ur not in rank you can be a dick all u want and the staff wont give a literally fuck about it ?
theres plenty of more examples but this was the one standing out o me since well it breaks 3 of the conduct things from minior to severe

so my question to you dear members whats your thoughts on this and suggestions on how the *staff* can fix this and improve the overall quality of duelingbook. even if you dont wanna be a competative ranked nerd(just kiddin) and be more casual. Especially with how hard it is to play ranked due to the lack of staff on

Renji Asuka

Post #2 by Renji Asuka » Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:01 am

You can still be punished in Unrated, but only if the situation is extreme (example Player Y telling Player X to kill themselves).

Unrated has always been lax when it comes to the rules as no one is keeping you there.

But if it's in rated, it's another story.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Sound4

Post #3 by Sound4 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:44 am

Do you have any proof?

troglyte
Mood:

Post #4 by troglyte » Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:46 pm

I stopped using Unrated Advanced for similar reasons. Nowadays, I only use DB for Rush Duels.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

itsmetristan

Post #5 by itsmetristan » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:10 am

Harassment penalties still apply in unrated.

RC-2
PC-1

Senior Admin

Genexwrecker

Post #6 by Genexwrecker » Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:08 am

Unrated is completely consensual and you can repeal that consent at anytime and quit the duel without fear. It works exactly like yugioh at your friends house. If one person wants to be a dick and not follow the game rules you move on to a different activity. If you harass your friend you get kicked out of their house. Same here. Duelingbook is our house and you are the guests playing a consensual no stakes casual game. Ur free to do it however you want but you start harassing and you are no longer a welcome guest.

The complaining that comes from the community is due to a lack of understanding that unrated literally means unrated and matters very little.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Eijisu

Post #7 by Eijisu » Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:02 am

itsmetristan wrote:Harassment penalties still apply in unrated.

thats the thing though it dont seem to the common reply seem to be its unrated just block them.. To be honest i belive thats why alot of people play unrated you can be a asshole and troll and pretty much get away scot free in 95% of the cases im asking right now so i can list some of the replays of said duels here to show what im talking bout but lot of the people i talked to want to remain anonymous..

but in all honsetly i do belive if rules get stricter in unrated it would improve overall behaviour and politness on duelingbook

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #8 by Lil Oldman » Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:32 am

Wait so harrasment is punished or not
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Genexwrecker

Post #9 by Genexwrecker » Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:52 am

Lil Oldman wrote:Wait so harrasment is punished or not

Yes

greg503

Post #10 by greg503 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:17 am

Remember that https://forum.duelingbook.com/posting.php?mode=post&f=7 is a place where you can report harassment in unrated
Buy Floowandereeze

Eijisu

Post #11 by Eijisu » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:03 pm

it is but not to the extent it should be as the reply u will get most is its unrated just leave or put them on ignore so on a scale of 1-10 its a 5 on a good day

Genexwrecker

Post #12 by Genexwrecker » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:37 pm

Eijisu wrote:

it is but not to the extent it should be as the reply u will get most is its unrated just leave or put them on ignore so on a scale of 1-10 its a 5 on a good day

Most of the stuff you report is being called 1 name.

ArchMage

Post #13 by ArchMage » Fri May 12, 2023 9:07 pm

well this should answer all and any questions that people may have confirmed by staff themself you cna get away with anything in unrated as long as it dont turn into harssment. And with such a vauge meaning of whats harassment you can either get away with nothing or everything pretty much in unrated.

Genexwrecker

Post #14 by Genexwrecker » Sat May 13, 2023 1:05 am

ArchMage wrote:Image

well this should answer all and any questions that people may have confirmed by staff themself you cna get away with anything in unrated as long as it dont turn into harssment. And with such a vauge meaning of whats harassment you can either get away with nothing or everything pretty much in unrated.

Really do not appreciate you trying to use a conversation with 1 judge on a vague topic as a stance.especially a new judge. All scenarios are different. Majority of the time we dont penalize trolling and such in unrated and harassment is outlined on the rules page. We have in fact removed users who do nothing but ruin other’s experience on the site and provide nothing else. If you see a lot of consistent problem causing in unrated and you see the user doing nothing else please bring it to our attention. Unrated may be lax but people who log in only to ruin the site for others aren’t welcome

ArchMage

Post #15 by ArchMage » Sat May 13, 2023 5:27 am

well iwe had this conversation with many other judges to this is just the one i screened cause i saw this thread.. so

greg503

Post #16 by greg503 » Sat May 13, 2023 2:14 pm

ArchMage wrote:well iwe had this conversation with many other judges to this is just the one i screened cause i saw this thread.. so

So you're admitting to continuous trolling in unrated to "prove a point"?
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #17 by Renji Asuka » Sat May 13, 2023 8:30 pm

greg503 wrote:
ArchMage wrote:well iwe had this conversation with many other judges to this is just the one i screened cause i saw this thread.. so

So you're admitting to continuous trolling in unrated to "prove a point"?

I remember trolling people in unrated back on DN. Where I'd just click buttons, and they thought I was cheating and I was like how is it cheating if the game lets me press buttons?

Got a few laughs from that.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

MarshieDemon

Post #18 by MarshieDemon » Mon May 15, 2023 10:11 pm

I thought this thread died like a month ago with all questions answered, but I guess not. So I guess it's my turn to step in.

Our rules against cheating, stalling, trolling, etc., are intended to affect players in the rated pool, and not generally in the unrated section. This makes sense. The rated pool is a competitive environment, where players compete for rating and experience.

The unrated section is intended to be casual, where players can relax and have fun as if you were having a match in your own living room. If a player cheats, stalls, or trolls in an unrated match, their opponent can just leave without any effect on their rating, and never duel against that player again. Eventually, word gets around - don't duel against that person.

Now just because we won't freeze you for those things in the unrated section doesn't mean that you aren't bound by the other rules on the platform, as defined in our rules/punishments document. And as my colleague mentioned, we have removed players from the platform for becoming so infamous in the unrated community that they were a nuisance to anybody who dueled them, creating a toxic environment. We still hear things, we're still around, and we will take action if we deem it necessary.

Head Administrator

Eijisu

Post #19 by Eijisu » Tue May 30, 2023 2:50 pm

ok so heres the thing though and sorry for the late reply.

what impression this basically give for the site is play rated or fuck off because anyone can act how they want in unrated as long as they dont threat to kill you pretty much. and from what i gathered talking to people and collecting stories alot of the people that been removed actually been the ones opposing the rude and trolly players cause the trolls group up on them to complain since well the general opinion is no one give a shit bout unrated.

as for the word get around from the stories i collected people actually gotten warned and punished for slander or if it count as harassment for actually warning people dont play this person. now i dont know if this is 100% true. And as for rating well people go around flexing their 100% win duel record in prolly wich they won alot due to trolling

i have however seen people that troll in main chat being punished and removed.

Return to “Serious Discussions”