Downloading Replays for Masters Project

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
Apples the Hero

Downloading Replays for Masters Project

Post #1 by Apples the Hero » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:41 pm

I'm researching making an AI player for yugioh for my master's project and duelingbook replays would be a very useful source of data to train the AI on. However, I noticed that replays are protected against bots by recaptcha - are replays not to be used this way, or could I be allowed to bypass the recaptcha to get data for my research?

Genexwrecker

Post #2 by Genexwrecker » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:57 pm

No
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Christen57

Post #3 by Christen57 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:20 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:No

Why not make it so you don't need to solve a captcha to view a replay as long as the replay is at least a month old? The only reason this captcha was implemented in the first place was to keep people from cheating in tournaments by using bots to sift through opponents' most recent replays to see what decks they were playing. After a month, it should no longer matter if a bot can access a certain replay, as the tournament that replay was recorded in should be long over by then.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #4 by DarwisBellium92 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:33 pm

Apples the Hero wrote:I'm researching making an AI player for yugioh for my master's project and duelingbook replays would be a very useful source of data to train the AI on. However, I noticed that replays are protected against bots by recaptcha - are replays not to be used this way, or could I be allowed to bypass the recaptcha to get data for my research?

Dude, Duelingbook only wants real users. AI and CPU Players let YGOpro and Konami decide, thank you.
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist
Albaz/Branded and Gem-Knight/Tearlaments/Shaddoll player

"Not crediting an artist for your crappy custom cards is a world crime."
Cit.

JQLIFICE

Post #5 by JQLIFICE » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:10 pm

DarwisBellium92 wrote:
Apples the Hero wrote:I'm researching making an AI player for yugioh for my master's project and duelingbook replays would be a very useful source of data to train the AI on. However, I noticed that replays are protected against bots by recaptcha - are replays not to be used this way, or could I be allowed to bypass the recaptcha to get data for my research?

Dude, Duelingbook only wants real users. AI and CPU Players let YGOpro and Konami decide, thank you.

they never claimed, that they wanted that AI to play on duelingbook. the possibilities of having an AI playing meta decks at near perfect levels would be insanely helpful for competitive players for practicing. if i had the choice id play in a duel the AI mode all the time instead of rated

@judges/DBstaff, maybe you can have a collaboration with OP? they provide the AI after finishing their thesis and you get to implement it on your site? sound like a win/win to me

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #6 by DarwisBellium92 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:18 pm

JQLIFICE wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:

they never claimed, that they wanted that AI to play on duelingbook. the possibilities of having an AI playing meta decks at near perfect levels would be insanely helpful for competitive players for practicing. if i had the choice id play in a duel the AI mode all the time instead of rated

@judges/DBstaff, maybe you can have a collaboration with OP? they provide the AI after finishing their thesis and you get to implement it on your site? sound like a win/win to me

Dude, you didn't get the concept: I hate AI on any medium, both in art and in Yugioh.
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist

Cit.

JQLIFICE

Post #7 by JQLIFICE » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:25 pm

DarwisBellium92 wrote:
JQLIFICE wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:Dude, Duelingbook only wants real users. AI and CPU Players let YGOpro and Konami decide, thank you.

Dude, you didn't get the concept: I hate AI on any medium, both in art and in Yugioh.

'I hate X so noone can like it' nice argument, explains why something shouldnt be implemented :)
I hate bananas, so they shouldnt be sold in stores

Apples the Hero

Post #8 by Apples the Hero » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:03 pm

To clarify, I'm not making a bot to play on dueling book, there just doesn't exist any other extensive collection of easy to use replay data. The AI will be made to work with EDOPro's existing AI support.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #9 by DarwisBellium92 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:35 pm

JQLIFICE wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:
JQLIFICE wrote:they never claimed, that they wanted that AI to play on duelingbook. the possibilities of having an AI playing meta decks at near perfect levels would be insanely helpful for competitive players for practicing. if i had the choice id play in a duel the AI mode all the time instead of rated

'I hate X so noone can like it' nice argument, explains why something shouldnt be implemented :)
I hate bananas, so they shouldnt be sold in stores

I don't speak the language of time wasters and trolls like you!

Bye~

Cit.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #10 by Lil Oldman » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:19 pm

I love when they make a great gutting of some flawed argument and they just go bye. It's so funny for some reason.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #11 by DarwisBellium92 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:30 am

Lil Oldman wrote:I love when they make a great gutting of some flawed argument and they just go bye. It's so funny for some reason.

Cringe level 100, literally

Cit.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #12 by Lil Oldman » Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:07 am

DarwisBellium92 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:I love when they make a great gutting of some flawed argument and they just go bye. It's so funny for some reason.

Bye~
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

Renji Asuka

Post #13 by Renji Asuka » Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:21 am

Apples the Hero wrote:To clarify, I'm not making a bot to play on dueling book, there just doesn't exist any other extensive collection of easy to use replay data. The AI will be made to work with EDOPro's existing AI support.

You were told no. So, it's a no.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #14 by DarwisBellium92 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:35 am

Lil Oldman wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:

Bye~
Last edited by DarwisBellium92 on Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cit.

Renji Asuka

Post #15 by Renji Asuka » Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:32 pm

DarwisBellium92 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:Cringe level 100, literally

Bye~

Grow you, fake adult

Seriously, if you're going to insult people work on that English of yours. Otherwise it makes you look really stupid.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #16 by DarwisBellium92 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:40 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:I don't speak the language of time wasters and trolls like you!

Bye~

Grow you, fake adult

Seriously, if you're going to insult people work on that English of yours. Otherwise it makes you look really stupid.

Stay relax, you are very irascible.~
You take potassium bromine

Cit.

Renji Asuka

Post #17 by Renji Asuka » Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:42 pm

DarwisBellium92 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:Grow you, fake adult

And this right here, is what I'm talking about.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #18 by Lil Oldman » Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:17 pm

DarwisBellium92 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:Cringe level 100, literally

Bye~

Grow you, fake adult

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #19 by DarwisBellium92 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:02 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:I don't speak the language of time wasters and trolls like you!

Bye~

Grow you, fake adult

Last edited by DarwisBellium92 on Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cit.

greg503

Post #20 by greg503 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:22 pm

DarwisBellium92 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:Grow you, fake adult

Its not mature and fun of you to parrot with people when something is serious.

If you want to be taken seriously, write fluently, whatever language you use
Buy Floowandereeze

Return to “Serious Discussions”