Being "Right" Vs Being Correct.

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
ominous

Being "Right" Vs Being Correct.

Post #1 by ominous » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:25 pm

it seems most of you are more focused on being "right" then being factually correct, rather, you are more interested in being "the least wrong" an example of this would be:
Player A: "If my opponent destroys my set artifact with Cosmic cyclone, do i still get to special summon it?"
Player B: "No, it is banished, not destroyed"
Player C: "UHM ACTUALLY monsters cant be put in the Spell and trap zone in the first place according to the rulebook, except pendulums"

Notice how player C ignored the question entirely and tried to correct the already correct answer.

That seems to be how a majority of you argue, Ive seen a lot of this type of argumentum ad infinitum, trying to prove who is the "least wrong" without proving either side correct.

this is a symptom of a bad faith argument, if you or someone you see does this, just acknowlage they dont even believe the nonsense theyre arguing.
Dont be stupid, Stupid.

Cromat

Post #2 by Cromat » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:50 pm

Dude, you know that right? We're Yu-Gi-Oh! player, and don't read long paragraphs. Even when I called Judge and while waiting to their arrives, at that moment I am typing the issue and copying it so when Judge arrived I can just paste it, and I don't believe Judge(s) is reading that my long paragraph. So you're thinking that we will read your paragraphs? (Don't give answer of this question.)

Genexwrecker

Post #3 by Genexwrecker » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:20 pm

Public chat in a nutshell
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Return to “Serious Discussions”