Shadowbanning without telling us?

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
GayNProud

Shadowbanning without telling us?

Post #1 by GayNProud » Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:00 am

How can the judges at DB deem shadowbanning players from the Main Menu and Watchers Chat WITHOUT LETTING THEM KNOW THAT IT HAPPENED OR WHY an acceptable practice?

I just confirmed via my own testing that this has happened to me.
Last edited by GayNProud on Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Renji Asuka

Post #2 by Renji Asuka » Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:19 am

Sounds like you were causing issues in Main Menu.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

GayNProud

Post #3 by GayNProud » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:07 am

Renji Asuka wrote:Sounds like you were causing issues in Main Menu.

It does not matter. I do not know the exact reason (I was never told,) but shadow banning (let alone, a permanent one) is the most cruel punishment out there. I thought that everyone was ignoring me in the Main Menu and in the Watchers Chat for months on end. I thought everyone started hating me all at once.

I have the right to know what I did wrong, what my punishment is, etc. Why shadowban?

PENMASTER

Post #4 by PENMASTER » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:25 am

everyone has a right to be told whats happening to them and why.
any exceptions to that rule pretty much anywhere will cause actual issues and one day the line "well you musta did something" will not work.
ok that's pretty much my case
love2hate

Genexwrecker

Post #5 by Genexwrecker » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:35 am

The point is to get them to stop posting. If nobody can see their posts but they have the ability to post the. They wont try to evade. Its either this or a perma ban.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

GayNProud

Post #6 by GayNProud » Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:48 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:The point is to get them to stop posting. If nobody can see their posts but they have the ability to post the. They wont try to evade. Its either this or a perma ban.

I am very confused. Why did you do that to me?

Christen57

Post #7 by Christen57 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:57 pm

What have you been posting on the main menu to get them to shadowban you?

Genexwrecker

Post #8 by Genexwrecker » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:18 pm

GayNProud wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:The point is to get them to stop posting. If nobody can see their posts but they have the ability to post the. They wont try to evade. Its either this or a perma ban.

I didnt i was the one being nice and giving you lots of chances.

GayNProud

Post #9 by GayNProud » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:39 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
GayNProud wrote:

I still have no idea what you are talking about. Why was I shadow banned? And more importantly, why is that a permanent shadow ban?

All I remember is perhaps making two or three trolls posts. They weren't even that bad.

Also, why can't I interact with users in the Watchers Chat?

Christen57

Post #10 by Christen57 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:18 pm

GayNProud wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
GayNProud wrote:

I still have no idea what you are talking about. Why was I shadow banned? And more importantly, why is that a permanent shadow ban?

All I remember is perhaps making two or three trolls posts. They weren't even that bad.

You should not have been making troll posts then. The Main Menu isn't for that kind of garbage.

Sound4

Post #11 by Sound4 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:15 pm

GayNProud wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
GayNProud wrote:

You're toxic you deserve to be shadowbanned. Accept it. Plus no wants to see those post. That isn't what the Main Menu is for.

Christen57

Post #12 by Christen57 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:20 pm

Sound4 wrote:
GayNProud wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:I didnt i was the one being nice and giving you lots of chances.

You're toxic you deserve to be shadowbanned. Accept it. Plus no wants to see those post. That isn't what the Main Menu is for.

What kind of stuff did he post?

GayNProud

Post #13 by GayNProud » Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:40 am

Sound4 wrote:
GayNProud wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:I didnt i was the one being nice and giving you lots of chances.

What posts?

Christen57

Post #14 by Christen57 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:54 am

GayNProud wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
GayNProud wrote:

What posts?

The troll posts you admitted to posting?

Genexwrecker

Post #15 by Genexwrecker » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:39 am

there was a lot more than 2 or 3 of the posts you made that people complained about. I also know I told you several times both on forums and duelingbook itself to watch how you behave on public channels and how you adress certain subjects when you get offended. You did not heed my advice or warnings based on what ur claiming is happening to you. you also messaged a lot of people sexually.

Christen57

Post #16 by Christen57 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:13 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:there was a lot more than 2 or 3 of the posts you made that people complained about. you also messaged a lot of people sexually.

What did he say?

GayNProud

Post #17 by GayNProud » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:04 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:there was a lot more than 2 or 3 of the posts you made that people complained about. I also know I told you several times both on forums and duelingbook itself to watch how you behave on public channels and how you adress certain subjects when you get offended. You did not heed my advice or warnings based on what ur claiming is happening to you. you also messaged a lot of people sexually.

The posts were silly fun trolls. The sexual messages were (a) also trolling and, more importantly, (b) sent WAY after the shadowban took place. Those were sent about a week ago, and I got warned for them by a judge.

As for me getting offended, I always called the judges and make abuse reports. I got easily over +100 players frozen for the abusive shit that I endure on your website. If you had to freeze that many people based on my calls and reports, then clearly its more than a "claim" here. 99% of the time, I took the correct and rules-driven approach to report those incidents.

Is this shadowbanning a permanent decision?

Christen57

Post #18 by Christen57 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:34 pm

GayNProud wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:there was a lot more than 2 or 3 of the posts you made that people complained about. I also know I told you several times both on forums and duelingbook itself to watch how you behave on public channels and how you adress certain subjects when you get offended. You did not heed my advice or warnings based on what ur claiming is happening to you. you also messaged a lot of people sexually.

The posts were silly fun trolls. The sexual messages were (a) also trolling and, more importantly, (b) sent WAY after the shadowban took place. Those were sent about a week ago, and I got warned for them by a judge.

As for me getting offended, I always called the judges and make abuse reports. I got easily over +100 players frozen for the abusive shit that I endure on your website. If you had to freeze that many people based on my calls and reports, then clearly its more than a "claim" here. 99% of the time, I took the correct and rules-driven approach to report those incidents.

Is this shadowbanning a permanent decision?

Why would you continue breaking the rules after being punished for them? You'd think you learned your lesson but you just admitted you didn't.

If you refuse to use the main menu only for posting respectful, meaningful, relevant, and informative stuff, maybe your shadowban should be permanent at this point.

PENMASTER

Post #19 by PENMASTER » Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:11 pm

i do a wee bit of trolling and its never backfired on me, so I wonder what you're doing to get shadowbanned.
love2hate

Genexwrecker

Post #20 by Genexwrecker » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:09 pm

PENMASTER wrote:i do a wee bit of trolling and its never backfired on me, so I wonder what you're doing to get shadowbanned.

a small bit of trolling here and there is good fun I post fun trolly status updates from time to time to bond with the community as a judge. now consistantly trolling to ruin a communication feature or the feel of the website is a different story.

Return to “Serious Discussions”