Shadowbanning without telling us?

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
apocralyph

Re: Shadowbanning without telling us?

Post #121 by apocralyph » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:39 pm

Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Again, they only say they don't know because chances are they were instructed to be vague about it, which makes sense, as they've made clear already that they're not supposed to go into the specifics about shadowbans with regular users like us, so answer my question about what else you could've been shadowbanned for if it was for neither the VPN nor your main menu posts.

Stop trying to use the fact that I'm not a judge yet as a rebuttal to my arguments. I've already explained that there's nothing else shadowbans are used for besides main menu related stuff. Being a judge isn't required to know basic things like that.

SInce you seem to know why im banned, prove it. If you cant, then accept you dont know for sure.

I already proved it by explaining that shadowbans are used for only things that have to do with the main menu. Nothing else. There is nothing else your shadowban could've been for aside from what either you, or someone on your VPN, posted on the main menu.

Thats not proof, that speculation, prove it. also "they only ban for main menu posts... or maybe your vpn?" so you dont know.

Christen57

Post #122 by Christen57 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:41 pm

apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:SInce you seem to know why im banned, prove it. If you cant, then accept you dont know for sure.

I already proved it by explaining that shadowbans are used for only things that have to do with the main menu. Nothing else. There is nothing else your shadowban could've been for aside from what either you, or someone on your VPN, posted on the main menu.

Thats not proof, that speculation, prove it. also "they only ban for main menu posts... or maybe your vpn?" so you dont know.

It's not speculation. Shadowbans are given for the sole purpose of hiding people's main menu posts. If you disagree with this premise, list something else shadowbans are meant to hide aside from main menu posts. If you agree with this premise, you can figure out that your shadowban was because of what you or the guy on your VPN posted on the main menu, just like how I figured that out.

apocralyph

Post #123 by apocralyph » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:43 pm

Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

It's not speculation. Shadowbans are given for the sole purpose of hiding people's main menu posts. If you disagree with this premise, list something else shadowbans are meant to hide aside from main menu posts. If you agree with this premise, you can figure out that your shadowban was because of what you or the guy on your VPN posted on the main menu, just like how I figured that out.

So youre claiming to be a judge? If not, prove it with something other than speculation.

Christen57

Post #124 by Christen57 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:47 pm

apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:Thats not proof, that speculation, prove it. also "they only ban for main menu posts... or maybe your vpn?" so you dont know.

So youre claiming to be a judge? If not, prove it with something other than speculation.

Nothing else is hidden through shadowbans — only main menu posts are. If you disagree with this, list something else shadowbans are meant for besides hiding main menu posts. You can still do everything else under a shadowban — build decks, edit/upload customs/images, chat with friends, chat in public chat, duel, etc. You only can't post to everyone on the main menu. Being a judge isn't needed to determine this.

apocralyph

Post #125 by apocralyph » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:53 pm

Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Nothing else is hidden through shadowbans — only main menu posts are. If you disagree with this, list something else shadowbans are meant for besides hiding main menu posts. You can still do everything else under a shadowban — build decks, edit/upload customs/images, chat with friends, chat in public chat, duel, etc. You only can't post to everyone on the main menu. Being a judge isn't needed to determine this.

but you arent a judge, so its just speculation, you dont know for sure.

Christen57

Post #126 by Christen57 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:56 pm

apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:So youre claiming to be a judge? If not, prove it with something other than speculation.

What else could your shadowban have been for?

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #127 by Lil Oldman » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:59 pm

Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Isn't this what they have been asking for like, the entire thread?
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

apocralyph

Post #128 by apocralyph » Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:04 pm

Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

i dont know, you dont know, and the judges dont know, that was literally the first point i made regarding it, you can speculate all you want, fact stands none of us know.

Christen57

Post #129 by Christen57 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:08 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:but you arent a judge, so its just speculation, you dont know for sure.

There's nothing else his shadowban could've been for.

apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:but you arent a judge, so its just speculation, you dont know for sure.

i dont know, you dont know, and the judges dont know, that was literally the first point i made regarding it, you can speculate all you want, fact stands none of us know.

Oh I know alright, and so do they, as Genexwrecker pointed out. They only said "I don't know" because they didn't want to go against their instructions of not getting into the specifics of shadowbans... that was until Genexwrecker revealed the crucial detail that the reason for your shadowban narrows down to what either you, or the user who was on your VPN, posted to the main menu.

apocralyph

Post #130 by apocralyph » Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:13 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Oh I know alright, and so do they, as Genexwrecker pointed out. They only said "I don't know" because they didn't want to go against their instructions of not getting into the specifics of shadowbans... that was until Genexwrecker revealed the crucial detail that the reason for your shadowban narrows down to what either you, or the user who was on your VPN, posted to the main menu.

No, you dont know, not that you can prove, you keep saying that its because of the stuff that i posted after the shadowban was in place which means what, the judges have a time machine? Or because i used a vpn, which i had stopped using after i appealed that ban a week prior to the shadowban, so what, they unbanned me for a week to shadowban me again for no reason (because i hadnt posted in that time) youre just speculating, you dont know, if you did, prove it.

Christen57

Post #131 by Christen57 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:38 pm

apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:Isn't this what they have been asking for like, the entire thread?

apocralyph wrote:i dont know, you dont know, and the judges dont know, that was literally the first point i made regarding it, you can speculate all you want, fact stands none of us know.

No, you dont know, not that you can prove, you keep saying that its because of the stuff that i posted after the shadowban was in place which means what, the judges have a time machine? Or because i used a vpn, which i had stopped using after i appealed that ban a week prior to the shadowban, so what, they unbanned me for a week to shadowban me again for no reason (because i hadnt posted in that time) youre just speculating, you dont know, if you did, prove it.

You said the shadowban was in place for a year and 6 months now and was never lifted since, no?

Also, when you use a VPN, it doesn't matter when you stop using it. As long as you used it at some point, anyone else that gets on it afterwards can break the rules and cause the system to recognize both you and that person as having been on the same network, causing you both to get the penalty even if, by then, you stopped using the VPN. The IP address of the VPN you used will remain logged in the database and tied to your account, linking your account to any other account that ends up using that same VPN later on, even after you stop using said VPN.

apocralyph

Post #132 by apocralyph » Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:20 am

Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

You said the shadowban was in place for a year and 6 months now and was never lifted since, no?

Also, when you use a VPN, it doesn't matter when you stop using it. As long as you used it at some point, anyone else that gets on it afterwards can break the rules and cause the system to recognize both you and that person as having been on the same network, causing you both to get the penalty even if, by then, you stopped using the VPN. The IP address of the VPN you used will remain logged in the database and tied to your account, linking your account to any other account that ends up using that same VPN later on, even after you stop using said VPN.

So you admit you dont know :)

Renji Asuka

Post #133 by Renji Asuka » Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:24 am

apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:No, you dont know, not that you can prove, you keep saying that its because of the stuff that i posted after the shadowban was in place which means what, the judges have a time machine? Or because i used a vpn, which i had stopped using after i appealed that ban a week prior to the shadowban, so what, they unbanned me for a week to shadowban me again for no reason (because i hadnt posted in that time) youre just speculating, you dont know, if you did, prove it.

So you admit you dont know :)

I can tell that you're not reading what is being told to you.

Otherwise you wouldn't be responding the way you are.

Frankly if you don't want to have the discussion, you shouldn't participate in a discussion.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Sound4

Post #134 by Sound4 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:58 pm

apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:SInce you seem to know why im banned, prove it. If you cant, then accept you dont know for sure.

What are you on about? Kitty trouble never said he/she "doesn't know" they said that is not something they can check for you. Which means that they don't have the authority to check shadowbans. Plus you have not showed any screenshots of Lantern saying he "doesn't know". Stop the lying Christen57 already showed multiple posts of you posting stuff on the Main menu which went against the rules. Genexwrecker already said that you either broke the rules or used a VPN which either is your fault. You are clearly lying here and considering how you have displayed yourself in this thread not reading what is being told to you. I think you deserve to be shadowbanned. Plus it has already been said that players are given warnings before a shadowban is issued. They don't just shadowban players immediately.

Renji Asuka

Post #135 by Renji Asuka » Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:00 am

Sound4 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

What are you on about? Kitty trouble never said he/she "doesn't know" they said that is not something they can check for you. Which means that they don't have the authority to check shadowbans. Plus you have not showed any screenshots of Lantern saying he "doesn't know". Stop the lying Christen57 already showed multiple posts of you posting stuff on the Main menu which went against the rules. Genexwrecker already said that you either broke the rules or used a VPN which either is your fault. You are clearly lying here and considering how you have displayed yourself in this thread not reading what is being told to you. I think you deserve to be shadowbanned. Plus it has already been said that players are given warnings before a shadowban is issued. They don't just shadowban players immediately.

Did I just enter the twilight zone? Sound4 actually defending judges?

Christen57

Post #136 by Christen57 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:10 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:Thats not proof, that speculation, prove it. also "they only ban for main menu posts... or maybe your vpn?" so you dont know.

Did I just enter the twilight zone? Sound4 actually defending judges?

What's the twilight zone?

Renji Asuka

Post #137 by Renji Asuka » Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:15 am

It's a reference to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Twilight_Zone_(1959_TV_series) being in another dimension.

itsmetristan

Post #138 by itsmetristan » Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:25 am

Twilight Zone is cool. They had an elevator drop ride based on it at Disneyland (California) before changing it to be Guardians of the Galaxy themed. I never went on it because that kind of ride makes me feel sick, but was fun to watch. The "elevator" rises up slowly, and the windows open at some point so those from outside can see you. Then they leave you stationary for a random amount of time somewhere between 3 and 15 seconds I think? I don't remember that part. Anyways, then a bright light flashes and the people all scream as the "elevator" rapidly descends. Very cool.

RC-2
PC-1

Senior Admin

GayNProud

Post #139 by GayNProud » Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:36 pm

I still do not know what I was punished for, and how long the shadowbanning is for.

Renji Asuka

Post #140 by Renji Asuka » Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:37 am

GayNProud wrote:I still do not know what I was punished for, and how long the shadowbanning is for.

And you're not going to get that info.

Return to “Serious Discussions”