Shadowbanning without telling us?

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
Genexwrecker

Re: Shadowbanning without telling us?

Post #81 by Genexwrecker » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:50 pm

Correct
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Christen57

Post #82 by Christen57 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:55 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:Correct

You agree that those spam posts of his I showed everyone would've warranted some kind of penalty, no?

Genexwrecker

Post #83 by Genexwrecker » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:58 pm

Christen57 wrote:

You agree that those spam posts of his I showed everyone would've warranted some kind of penalty, no?

Probably

apocralyph

Post #84 by apocralyph » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:00 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Probably

"probably" not yes, and was that why i was shadowbanned?

Genexwrecker

Post #85 by Genexwrecker » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:05 pm

apocralyph wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Probably

I have no idea why ur posts are not viewable to others. This answer is not changing. It also isnt able to be appealed.

apocralyph

Post #86 by apocralyph » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:13 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
apocralyph wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:Probably

I have no idea why ur posts are not viewable to others. This answer is not changing. It also isnt able to be appealed.

So just to be clear, i have no idea what i did, you have no idea what i did, kitty trouble and lantern dont know what i did, but i cant appeal it, you cant discuss it, or tell me who banned me, or why

Genexwrecker

Post #87 by Genexwrecker » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:14 pm

Yes

greg503

Post #88 by greg503 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:21 pm

Deal with it
Buy Floowandereeze

apocralyph

Post #89 by apocralyph » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:24 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:Yes

well im glad it took 80 replies to go full circle back to the original point, Lets hope sherlock isnt too busy typing up a paragraph about why he thinks i was banned to get to that point.

Renji Asuka

Post #90 by Renji Asuka » Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:18 am

I'm probably shadow banned tbh. Even though I stopped telling people to delete their account for The Winged Dragon of Ra that resides in Mystic Mine after an admin told me to stop even though it was obviously a sarcastic joke.

But you don't see me complain about it.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Christen57

Post #91 by Christen57 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:29 am

apocralyph wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
apocralyph wrote:"probably" not yes, and was that why i was shadowbanned?

So just to be clear, i have no idea what i did

I gave you a damn good idea what you did, as you don't get shadowbanned for things unreleased to the main menu, so maybe I don't know which exact main menu post of yours got you shadowbanned, but it was at least some of them.

I am curious though as to why none of the staff can discuss your shadowban with you though. I get that maybe they want to maintain your privacy, but they usually discuss these things with you privately, then let you decide for yourself if you want to share with us what they say to you.

Renji Asuka

Post #92 by Renji Asuka » Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:47 am

Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:I have no idea why ur posts are not viewable to others. This answer is not changing. It also isnt able to be appealed.

I gave you a damn good idea what you did, as you don't get shadowbanned for things unreleased to the main menu, so maybe I don't know which exact main menu post of yours got you shadowbanned, but it was at least some of them.

I am curious though as to why none of the staff can discuss your shadowban with you though. I get that maybe they want to maintain your privacy, but they usually discuss these things with you privately, then let you decide for yourself if you want to share with us what they say to you.

Take Blizzard and World of Warcraft for example.

When you get banned from World of Warcraft, they won't tell you anything about your ban, especially if it's permanent.

This is done to prevent players from trying to circumvent their bans or prevent players from going into possible "grey zones" when it comes to the rules.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

apocralyph

Post #93 by apocralyph » Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:20 am

Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:I have no idea why ur posts are not viewable to others. This answer is not changing. It also isnt able to be appealed.

No, you gave me why you think i was shadowbanned, which ive said were wrong 4 times now and the jusges have confirmed for you. 4 times. They cant discuss it privately because They. Dont. Know.

Christen57

Post #94 by Christen57 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:30 pm

apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:So just to be clear, i have no idea what i did

No, you gave me why you think i was shadowbanned, which ive said were wrong 4 times now and the jusges have confirmed for you. 4 times.

It's not hard to figure out, through process of elimination, why you were shadowbanned. Shadowbans are issued for offenses directly related to the main menu, and their purpose is specifically to hide people's posts specifically on the main menu and nowhere else. Nothing else. Therefore, your shadowban had to do with what you posted on the main menu. I dug through your main menu posts and found a bunch of spammy/troll/nonsensical posts and logically deduced that these posts were most likely, if not definitely, the reason for your shadowban.

They cant discuss it privately because They. Dont. Know.

If that were truly the case — that literally no judge and no admin could figure out why you would've possibly been shadowbanned — the staff would've lifted your shadowban by now, as when you submit an appeal for someone to look at, and that person finds no evidence of you doing anything wrong, your penalty gets lifted/reversed. They do know what you did, and the rest of us were able to figure it out too using process of elimination.

You don't get shadowbanned over things you say/do in duels, or over content you post in duel notes or in public chat. That's what freezes, game/match losses, and beginner status and stuff are for.
You don't get shadowbanned over custom cards, or images, that violate the rules. That's what revoking uploading privileges are for.
You don't get shadowbanned over anything said in private messages. That's what the blocking feature is for.
You don't get shadowbanned over registering with a username that breaks the rules. That's what mandatory username changes are for.
You don't get shadowbanned over anything you post on your profile, or anything related to the duelingbook judge exam (such as cheating on it). Those are what bans are for, as well as other offenses deemed serious enough to warrant an outright ban.

You get shadowbanned only as a result of things posted to the main menu. This is the only offense in which shadowbans can end up being issued. Nothing else.
This is the process of elimination I was talking about, Apocralyph. I concluded that it was your main menu posts that got you shadowbanned not because that's just what I knew, but because there was literally nothing else it could've been for, so please answer me this if you still want to insist it wasn't the main menu posts that you got shadowbanned:
What else could you have possibly been shadowbanned for, if not for those main menu posts, and what else does a shadowban get issued for, if not for anything related to the main menu?

Shadowbans are an absolute last resort after the users in question are given many many chances, and most of the time, chances across several accounts. It is only used for those who have shown clear intention to not stop their actions even when made aware of them, and shown that bans or freezes don't stop them as they just evade. The purpose of not telling them is so they do not try to ban evade, and all of them know already why they are shadowbanned if they do actually figure it out. - Genexwrecker

So quit lying already, Apocralyph. Shadowbans are given after the user in question was warned multiple times about their behavior on the main menu violating the rules, and has already been given lighter penalties such as freezes beforehand, all before the staff finally decide to escalate things to a shadowban. With all this in mind, it's safe to conclude that the only reason judges keep saying "I don't know" at this point is because that's just what they're instructed to say when people come to them asking about shadowbans, leaving it up to people like me to help fill in the blanks.

greg503

Post #95 by greg503 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:53 pm

But the real question is, how close is that conclusion to the truth?
Buy Floowandereeze

Christen57

Post #96 by Christen57 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:54 pm

greg503 wrote:But the real question is, how close is that conclusion to the truth?

Which conclusion?

greg503

Post #97 by greg503 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:58 pm

Christen57 wrote:
greg503 wrote:But the real question is, how close is that conclusion to the truth?

Which conclusion?

What you just said about shadowbanning and the hypothesis that the judges/whomever is supposed to reply "I don't know".
Buy Floowandereeze

Christen57

Post #98 by Christen57 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:02 pm

greg503 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Which conclusion?

What you just said about shadowbanning and the hypothesis that the judges/whomever is supposed to reply "I don't know".

Genexwrecker confirmed both these things. She confirmed that shadowbans are only issued as a last resort (unless it's Xteven himself handing them out), and confirmed that the judges aren't supposed to openly discuss shadowbans, which would explain why they reply with vague stuff like "I don't know".

apocralyph

Post #99 by apocralyph » Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:52 pm

Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

No, you gave me why you think i was shadowbanned, which ive said were wrong 4 times now and the jusges have confirmed for you. 4 times.

It's not hard to figure out, through process of elimination, why you were shadowbanned. Shadowbans are issued for offenses directly related to the main menu, and their purpose is specifically to hide people's posts specifically on the main menu and nowhere else. Nothing else. Therefore, your shadowban had to do with what you posted on the main menu. I dug through your main menu posts and found a bunch of spammy/troll/nonsensical posts and logically deduced that these posts were most likely, if not definitely, the reason for your shadowban.

They cant discuss it privately because They. Dont. Know.

If that were truly the case — that literally no judge and no admin could figure out why you would've possibly been shadowbanned — the staff would've lifted your shadowban by now, as when you submit an appeal for someone to look at, and that person finds no evidence of you doing anything wrong, your penalty gets lifted/reversed. They do know what you did, and the rest of us were able to figure it out too using process of elimination.

You don't get shadowbanned over things you say/do in duels, or over content you post in duel notes or in public chat. That's what freezes, game/match losses, and beginner status and stuff are for.
You don't get shadowbanned over custom cards, or images, that violate the rules. That's what revoking uploading privileges are for.
You don't get shadowbanned over anything said in private messages. That's what the blocking feature is for.
You don't get shadowbanned over registering with a username that breaks the rules. That's what mandatory username changes are for.
You don't get shadowbanned over anything you post on your profile, or anything related to the duelingbook judge exam (such as cheating on it). Those are what bans are for, as well as other offenses deemed serious enough to warrant an outright ban.

You get shadowbanned only as a result of things posted to the main menu. This is the only offense in which shadowbans can end up being issued. Nothing else.
This is the process of elimination I was talking about, Apocralyph. I concluded that it was your main menu posts that got you shadowbanned not because that's just what I knew, but because there was literally nothing else it could've been for, so please answer me this if you still want to insist it wasn't the main menu posts that you got shadowbanned:
What else could you have possibly been shadowbanned for, if not for those main menu posts, and what else does a shadowban get issued for, if not for anything related to the main menu?

Shadowbans are an absolute last resort after the users in question are given many many chances, and most of the time, chances across several accounts. It is only used for those who have shown clear intention to not stop their actions even when made aware of them, and shown that bans or freezes don't stop them as they just evade. The purpose of not telling them is so they do not try to ban evade, and all of them know already why they are shadowbanned if they do actually figure it out. - Genexwrecker

So quit lying already, Apocralyph. Shadowbans are given after the user in question was warned multiple times about their behavior on the main menu violating the rules, and has already been given lighter penalties such as freezes beforehand, all before the staff finally decide to escalate things to a shadowban. With all this in mind, it's safe to conclude that the only reason judges keep saying "I don't know" at this point is because that's just what they're instructed to say when people come to them asking about shadowbans, leaving it up to people like me to help fill in the blanks.

The judge literally just said they dont know why im shadowbanned, or who shadowbanned me, youre the only one not getting that, Sherlock, its not because of my posts. Thats the point, I dont know why i was shadowbanned, i was not given any warnings, so i appealed asking why i was, and the responce i got was "we dont know" even still, their answer is "we dont know why you are shadowbanned".

apocralyph

Post #100 by apocralyph » Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:56 pm

Christen57 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Which conclusion?

Genexwrecker confirmed both these things. She confirmed that shadowbans are only issued as a last resort (unless it's Xteven himself handing them out), and confirmed that the judges aren't supposed to openly discuss shadowbans, which would explain why they reply with vague stuff like "I don't know".

they dont openly discuss shadowbans, thats why they said they dont know privately? in responce to an appeal on the shadowban? my real question is if they dont know why i was shadowbanned, why reply to the appeal at all.

Return to “Serious Discussions”