Shadowbanning without telling us?

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
Cromat

Re: Shadowbanning without telling us?

Post #41 by Cromat » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:32 am

Christen57 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:why quote me >.>

So you can agree he was shadowbanned for a valid reason by looking at these spammy posts of his I shared and see how they're all low-effort low-quality posts.

Or you like Genexwrecker, like everyone (likes her) too, so you wanted to quote her post. I consider this normal because she is best Judge.

apocralyph

Post #42 by apocralyph » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:46 am

Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
You were told why you were shadowbanned. You posted spammy trolly stuff on the main menu for no valid reason and crossed the line I mentioned earlier.

As for apocralyph, I'm sure he knows what he posted on the main menu that might've gotten him shadowbanned, so he needs to come forward and confess that.

uh no, i dont know why i was banned, i was previously (wrongfully) banned during one of the VPN sweeps they did, and i got that appealed, then i was shadowbanned and when i asked why, Kittytrouble couldnt tell me who had shadowbanned me, why, for how long, or what rule i broke, mind you ive appealed this 4 times now and they have said they are no longer responding to my appeals.

PENMASTER wrote:now there is proof floating around so lets see how they respond
I knew something like this would happen eventually

Lil Oldman wrote:Screw disney, uts all about the petty drama

Genexwrecker wrote:its not something we handle or generally discuss

https://giant.gfycat.com/CluelessCooperativeAlaskajingle.mp4

Apocralyph, you spent over a year flooding the main menu with a bunch of trolly spammy low-effort low-quality garbage.

1. Question of the day: Am i Muted?
Prize: Dono

2. Mute Test: Mystic Mine is a balanced card.

3. Smell ya later.

4. Dono code to the first person to reply.

5. https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=6729-5342743
I was abusing Zexal Before it was cool.

6. Dono code for the first reply

7. First one to reply gets a Dono code.

8. Which one of you Bozos unbanned me?

9. i tried to do the Pendulum magician combo and now my parents dont love me, WTF?

10. 1 Like = 1 Day off DB

11. Beside John the baptist, Josephus mentions Mokey Mokey one hotly-contested passage of his antiquities called "The Testimonium Mokey Mokianum"
"About this time there lived Mokey Mokey, a wise Mokey, if indead one ought to call him a Mokey. For he was one who performed suprising deeds and was a teacher of such people as accept the truth gladly. He won over many Heathens. He was the Mokey. And when, upon the accusation of the principal of men among us, Pilate had condemned him to the GY"

12. Whats Meta Rn? Wrong Answers Only.

13. Can Anyone tell me why Pot of Greed is banned? Like seriously.

14. Day 259: Mystic Mine still not banned :)

15. Oh no, Masterpeace is banned. If only there was a Level 9 that could also be made unaffect by spell, trap and/or monster effects. If only there was.

16. No one man should have all that Flower

17. BANLIST JUST DROPPED GUYS!!! Check out my LIVE reaction @ Https://www.Twitch.tv/FirewallTo3

18. Mokey Mokey.

19. Banlist broke: Pot of greed to 40

That's 19 out of your 22 posts on the main menu that were nothing but stupid spammy trolling foolishness.

Yet you continue to play dumb acting like you have no clue why you could've been shadowbanned and how your behavior on the main menu was deemed unacceptable.

uh none of those posts are against the rules, all of them are done days/weeks apart and last i checked, giving out dono codes wasnt against the rules so no... i still dont see what, if anything, i did to get shadowbanned, also, pretty sure i asked genexwrecker, lantern or kitty trouble to explain why they banned me, an i dont think you are any of those people.

apocralyph

Post #43 by apocralyph » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:48 am

Christen57 wrote:

So you can agree he was shadowbanned for a valid reason by looking at these spammy posts of his I shared and see how they're all low-effort low-quality posts.

also "low effort posts" dont equate to a ban who are you to say what the "minimum effort" required for a post is, lol, and you can see in the gif you posted, those "low effort posts" were made months apart, stop trying to act like a judge.

Christen57

Post #44 by Christen57 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:13 am

apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:uh no, i dont know why i was banned, i was previously (wrongfully) banned during one of the VPN sweeps they did, and i got that appealed, then i was shadowbanned and when i asked why, Kittytrouble couldnt tell me who had shadowbanned me, why, for how long, or what rule i broke, mind you ive appealed this 4 times now and they have said they are no longer responding to my appeals.

PENMASTER wrote:now there is proof floating around so lets see how they respond
I knew something like this would happen eventually

Lil Oldman wrote:Screw disney, uts all about the petty drama

Genexwrecker wrote:its not something we handle or generally discuss

Apocralyph, you spent over a year flooding the main menu with a bunch of trolly spammy low-effort low-quality garbage.

3. Smell ya later.

9. i tried to do the Pendulum magician combo and now my parents dont love me, WTF?

11. Beside John the baptist, Josephus mentions Mokey Mokey one hotly-contested passage of his antiquities called "The Testimonium Mokey Mokianum"
"About this time there lived Mokey Mokey, a wise Mokey, if indead one ought to call him a Mokey. For he was one who performed suprising deeds and was a teacher of such people as accept the truth gladly. He won over many Heathens. He was the Mokey. And when, upon the accusation of the principal of men among us, Pilate had condemned him to the GY"

15. Oh no, Masterpeace is banned. If only there was a Level 9 that could also be made unaffect by spell, trap and/or monster effects. If only there was.

17. BANLIST JUST DROPPED GUYS!!! Check out my LIVE reaction @ Https://www.Twitch.tv/FirewallTo3

18. Mokey Mokey.

That's 19 out of your 22 posts on the main menu that were nothing but stupid spammy trolling foolishness.

Yet you continue to play dumb acting like you have no clue why you could've been shadowbanned and how your behavior on the main menu was deemed unacceptable.

uh none of those posts are against the rules, all of them are done days/weeks apart and last i checked, giving out dono codes wasnt against the rules so no... i still dont see what, if anything, i did to get shadowbanned, also, pretty sure i asked genexwrecker, lantern or kitty trouble to explain why they banned me, an i dont think you are any of those people.

The rules: https://www.duelingbook.com/rules

What it says in the rules: Don't make long, spammy posts.

One of the long spammy posts you made was:
Beside John the baptist, Josephus mentions Mokey Mokey one hotly-contested passage of his antiquities called "The Testimonium Mokey Mokianum"

What the rules also say: Don't post super short, pointless statuses.

The super short pointless statuses of yours were:
Smell ya later.
1 Like = 1 Day off DB

and:
Mokey Mokey.

What the rules also say: Don't post just for the sake of posting.
Don't make posts for the sole purpose of pushing down other posts.

Each of the remaining posts violated one or both of these rules.

If you were just giving out dono codes, why make a spam post asking people to reply to you for it? Why not just put the dono code directly in the post itself and let the first person who comes along claim the dono without having to continue the spam chain? Rewarding spam with dono codes is still promoting spam.

and you can see in the gif you posted, those "low effort posts" were made months apart

So? They still amounted to low-effort low-quality spam.

apocralyph

Post #45 by apocralyph » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:39 am

Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

3. Smell ya later.

18. Mokey Mokey.

Beside John the baptist, Josephus mentions Mokey Mokey one hotly-contested passage of his antiquities called "The Testimonium Mokey Mokianum"

Smell ya later.
1 Like = 1 Day off DB

and:
Mokey Mokey.

If you were just giving out dono codes, why make a spam post asking people to reply to you for it? Why not just put the dono code directly in the post itself and let the first person who comes along claim the dono without having to continue the spam chain? Rewarding spam with dono codes is still promoting spam.

and you can see in the gif you posted, those "low effort posts" were made months apart

last i checked you still arent a judge, or any of the people i requested explain why i was banned, and you also dont get to decide what posts are "too long" "too short" or "pointless" that last one especially. Tl'dr: Not a judge: Didnt ask you.

Volstgalph

Post #46 by Volstgalph » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:43 am

Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

3. Smell ya later.

18. Mokey Mokey.

Smell ya later.
1 Like = 1 Day off DB

and:
Mokey Mokey.

Your recent posts be looking kind of long, low effort and spammish :geek: :geek: :geek: shadowban incoming?

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #47 by Lil Oldman » Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:02 am

Volstgalph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:uh none of those posts are against the rules, all of them are done days/weeks apart and last i checked, giving out dono codes wasnt against the rules so no... i still dont see what, if anything, i did to get shadowbanned, also, pretty sure i asked genexwrecker, lantern or kitty trouble to explain why they banned me, an i dont think you are any of those people.

Smell ya later.
1 Like = 1 Day off DB

and:
Mokey Mokey.

Your recent posts be looking kind of long, low effort and spammish :geek: :geek: :geek: shadowban incoming?

Mf looking at sand or something. Ah yes the 4 month spam
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

greg503

Post #48 by greg503 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:17 am

Volstgalph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:uh none of those posts are against the rules, all of them are done days/weeks apart and last i checked, giving out dono codes wasnt against the rules so no... i still dont see what, if anything, i did to get shadowbanned, also, pretty sure i asked genexwrecker, lantern or kitty trouble to explain why they banned me, an i dont think you are any of those people.

Smell ya later.
1 Like = 1 Day off DB

and:
Mokey Mokey.

One thing these posts have is an actual purpose: To inform people of some custom scripts that could improve their DB experience. Yours meanwhile, were "pleasy reply, like, and funnily enough 'am I muted???'" Spoilers: if you find yourself asking that, you probably are/should be muted.
Buy Floowandereeze

Volstgalph

Post #49 by Volstgalph » Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:24 am

greg503 wrote:
Volstgalph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Smell ya later.
1 Like = 1 Day off DB

and:
Mokey Mokey.

One thing these posts have is an actual purpose: To inform people of some custom scripts that could improve their DB experience. Yours meanwhile, were "pleasy reply, like, and funnily enough 'am I muted???'" Spoilers: if you find yourself asking that, you probably are/should be muted.

wrong person m8.

Christen57

Post #50 by Christen57 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:17 am

apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Smell ya later.
1 Like = 1 Day off DB

and:
Mokey Mokey.

last i checked you still arent a judge, or any of the people i requested explain why i was banned, and you also dont get to decide what posts are "too long" "too short" or "pointless" that last one especially. Tl'dr: Not a judge: Didnt ask you.

Then explain how a post that's literally just "Smell ya later," one that makes no sense which is "No one man should have all that Flower," and one that's literally just "Mokey Mokey," aren't pointless/spam.

Also, just because I'm not a judge doesn't mean I can't criticize your actions and figure out why you got the punishment you got.

Also, you didn't answer my question: If you were just giving out dono codes, why make a post asking people to reply to you for it? Why not just put the dono code directly in the post itself and let the first person who comes along claim the dono without having to continue the spam chain?

Volstgalph wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Volstgalph wrote:Your recent posts be looking kind of long, low effort and spammish :geek: :geek: :geek: shadowban incoming?

wrong person m8.

What's "wrong person" supposed to mean here? He answered your argument and explained how my posts were actually made with a purpose, didn't he?

Also, if any of my main menu posts did violate the rules like Apocralyph's did, I'm sure I'd be shadowbanned myself by now (or at least issued a warning), but I'm not.

GayNProud

Post #51 by GayNProud » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:22 am

Again, the main question still remains unanswered. How is this practice of shadowbanning okay on DB? Why is it not outlined in the "Rules"?

Genexwrecker

Post #52 by Genexwrecker » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:53 am

GayNProud wrote:

Again, the main question still remains unanswered. How is this practice of shadowbanning okay on DB? Why is it not outlined in the "Rules"?

because then people would just try to evade it. the purpose is the person never posts ever again.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

apocralyph

Post #53 by apocralyph » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:18 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
GayNProud wrote:

because then people would just try to evade it. the purpose is the person never posts ever again.

So youre gonna explain why i was shadowbanned? Or are you going to have your simps play judge

apocralyph

Post #54 by apocralyph » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:26 pm

Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

3. Smell ya later.

18. Mokey Mokey.

Smell ya later.
1 Like = 1 Day off DB

and:
Mokey Mokey.

How are you gonna say posts from 4 months ago are the reason i was shadowbanned 1 year and 6 months prior? :roll: :lol:
You can see the date in the screencaps from my convo with kitty trouble "september 6 2020" so clearly, thats not the reason i was shadowbanned.

Christen57

Post #55 by Christen57 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:53 pm

apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Smell ya later.
1 Like = 1 Day off DB

and:
Mokey Mokey.

How are you gonna say posts from 4 months ago are the reason i was shadowbanned 1 year and 6 months prior? :roll: :lol:
You can see the date in the screencaps from my convo with kitty trouble "september 6 2020" so clearly, thats not the reason i was shadowbanned.

That date lines up with what you did back then when you spammed "Day X of Mystic Mine not being banned" over and over, and other spam/troll posts, on the main menu.

Also, since you were able to post your most recent message on the main menu within the past 5 months which was "Question of the day: Am i Muted? Prize: Dono," that means your shadowban was lifted since that message you got in 2020 from Kitty Trouble, meaning if you're still shadowbanned at this point, it's because you continued spamming garbage on the main menu and didn't learn your lesson.

apocralyph

Post #56 by apocralyph » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:08 pm

Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Smell ya later.
1 Like = 1 Day off DB

and:
Mokey Mokey.

That date lines up with what you did back then when you spammed "Day X of Mystic Mine not being banned" over and over, and other spam/troll posts, on the main menu.

Also, since you were able to post your most recent message on the main menu within the past 5 months which was "Question of the day: Am i Muted? Prize: Dono," that means your shadowban was lifted since that message you got in 2020 from Kitty Trouble, meaning if you're still shadowbanned at this point, it's because you continued spamming garbage on the main menu and didn't learn your lesson.

No, it was never lifted you can still post while shadowbanned, other people (except friends) cant see it. So again, cant blame my shitposting for this ine, try again

Genexwrecker

Post #57 by Genexwrecker » Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:06 pm

apocralyph wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
GayNProud wrote:

So youre gonna explain why i was shadowbanned? Or are you going to have your simps play judge

I have no idea why, we regular judges/admins arent involved we issue the freezes and warnings.

apocralyph

Post #58 by apocralyph » Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:09 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
apocralyph wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:because then people would just try to evade it. the purpose is the person never posts ever again.

I have no idea why, we regular judges/admins arent involved we issue the freezes and warnings.

So just to recap for your simps, you dont know, Kittytrouble doesnt know, latern doesnt know, and none of you can tell me who would know?

Genexwrecker

Post #59 by Genexwrecker » Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:15 pm

Lantern isnt a judge. And again this isnt something we generally discuss. I probably shouldnt even be posting here about it.

apocralyph

Post #60 by apocralyph » Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:19 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:Lantern isnt a judge. And again this isnt something we generally discuss. I probably shouldnt even be posting here about it.

then where is it suppose to be discussed? my last appeal got left on read after kitty trouble said "idk" and all following appeals have been ignored, so what im hearing is you guys dont know who muted me, why, for how long, or who i could talk to about it, right?

Return to “Serious Discussions”