Shadowbanning without telling us?

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
Christen57

Re: Shadowbanning without telling us?

Post #101 by Christen57 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:28 pm

apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
greg503 wrote:What you just said about shadowbanning and the hypothesis that the judges/whomever is supposed to reply "I don't know".

Genexwrecker confirmed both these things. She confirmed that shadowbans are only issued as a last resort (unless it's Xteven himself handing them out), and confirmed that the judges aren't supposed to openly discuss shadowbans, which would explain why they reply with vague stuff like "I don't know".

they dont openly discuss shadowbans, thats why they said they dont know privately? in responce to an appeal on the shadowban?

Correct, because chances are that's what they were instructed to say.

my real question is if they dont know why i was shadowbanned, why reply to the appeal at all.

Kitty Trouble didn't say in the appeal that he didn't know why you were shadowbanned. He said only that he wasn't authorized to check why. He said, and I quote, "That's not something I can check for you. Just make sure to follow the rules in the future." Nothing else.

The judge literally just said they dont know why im shadowbanned, or who shadowbanned me, youre the only one not getting that, Sherlock, its not because of my posts.

Yes it is because there's nothing else it could've been for.

Thats the point, I dont know why i was shadowbanned, i was not given any warnings, so i appealed asking why i was, and the responce i got was "we dont know" even still, their answer is "we dont know why you are shadowbanned".

You did mention earlier that you were caught using a VPN to access duelingbook, so, now that I think about it, it's possible someone else on that same VPN posted inappropriate/rule-breaking stuff on the main menu far worse than what you posted, causing both that person and yourself to get shadowbanned since the rules say you're held responsible for any activity on your network (or in this case, your VPNs), even if others break the rules on them. If that's the case, you're still at fault even if nothing you posted on the main menu was ultimately in violation of the rules, because you still caused someone else to get both you and them shadowbanned.

apocralyph

Post #102 by apocralyph » Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:55 pm

Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Genexwrecker confirmed both these things. She confirmed that shadowbans are only issued as a last resort (unless it's Xteven himself handing them out), and confirmed that the judges aren't supposed to openly discuss shadowbans, which would explain why they reply with vague stuff like "I don't know".

they dont openly discuss shadowbans, thats why they said they dont know privately? in responce to an appeal on the shadowban?

my real question is if they dont know why i was shadowbanned, why reply to the appeal at all.

Kitty Trouble didn't say in the appeal that he didn't know why you were shadowbanned. He said only that he wasn't authorized to check why. He said, and I quote, "That's not something I can check for you. Just make sure to follow the rules in the future." Nothing else.

The judge literally just said they dont know why im shadowbanned, or who shadowbanned me, youre the only one not getting that, Sherlock, its not because of my posts.

Thats the point, I dont know why i was shadowbanned, i was not given any warnings, so i appealed asking why i was, and the responce i got was "we dont know" even still, their answer is "we dont know why you are shadowbanned".

You did mention earlier that you were caught using a VPN to access duelingbook, so, now that I think about it, it's possible someone else on that same VPN posted inappropriate/rule-breaking stuff on the main menu far worse than what you posted, causing both that person and yourself to get shadowbanned since the rules say you're held responsible for any activity on your network (or in this case, your VPNs), even if others break the rules on them. If that's the case, you're still at fault even if nothing you posted on the main menu was ultimately in violation of the rules, because you still caused someone else to get both you and them shadowbanned.

you said the quite part out loud "if they didnt know why you were shadowbanned, then you wouldnt still be shadowbanned" exactly, except all the judges so far, and ive proven time and time again, dont know why i was shadowbanned, without warning the only one who claims to know why im shadowbanned is someone who isnt on the judge team and doesnt have any access to any information regarding why i was shadowbanned, you. Stop pretending like you know anything, the judges have all proven i was right on this, They do not know why i was shadowbanned.

Genexwrecker

Post #103 by Genexwrecker » Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:00 pm

You either broke the rules or used a vpn either way both are your fault. Discussion over
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Christen57

Post #104 by Christen57 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:06 pm

apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:they dont openly discuss shadowbans, thats why they said they dont know privately? in responce to an appeal on the shadowban?

you said the quite part out loud "if they didnt know why you were shadowbanned, then you wouldnt still be shadowbanned" exactly, except all the judges so far, and ive proven time and time again, dont know why i was shadowbanned, without warning the only one who claims to know why im shadowbanned is someone who isnt on the judge team and doesnt have any access to any information regarding why i was shadowbanned, you. Stop pretending like you know anything, the judges have all proven i was right on this, They do not know why i was shadowbanned.

Again, they only say they don't know because chances are they were instructed to be vague about it, which makes sense, as they've made clear already that they're not supposed to go into the specifics about shadowbans with regular users like us, so answer my question about what else you could've been shadowbanned for if it was for neither the VPN nor your main menu posts.

Stop trying to use the fact that I'm not a judge yet as a rebuttal to my arguments. I've already explained that there's nothing else shadowbans are used for besides main menu related stuff. Being a judge isn't required to know basic things like that.

apocralyph

Post #105 by apocralyph » Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:32 pm

Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Again, they only say they don't know because chances are they were instructed to be vague about it, which makes sense, as they've made clear already that they're not supposed to go into the specifics about shadowbans with regular users like us, so answer my question about what else you could've been shadowbanned for if it was for neither the VPN nor your main menu posts.

Stop trying to use the fact that I'm not a judge yet as a rebuttal to my arguments. I've already explained that there's nothing else shadowbans are used for besides main menu related stuff. Being a judge isn't required to know basic things like that.

No, they said they dont know, because they dont know and i keep bring up you arent a judge beause you dont know, youre just making wild accusations. You dont know, you arent a judge.

apocralyph

Post #106 by apocralyph » Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:33 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:You either broke the rules or used a vpn either way both are your fault. Discussion over

but you dont know what, if any rule, i broke, correct, just for clarification for christian57 because hes still not getting it.

Christen57

Post #107 by Christen57 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:49 pm

apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:you said the quite part out loud "if they didnt know why you were shadowbanned, then you wouldnt still be shadowbanned" exactly, except all the judges so far, and ive proven time and time again, dont know why i was shadowbanned, without warning the only one who claims to know why im shadowbanned is someone who isnt on the judge team and doesnt have any access to any information regarding why i was shadowbanned, you. Stop pretending like you know anything, the judges have all proven i was right on this, They do not know why i was shadowbanned.

No, they said they dont know, because they dont know and i keep bring up you arent a judge beause you dont know, youre just making wild accusations.

They said they "don't know" because they're supposed to be vague about it and not go into specifics about it.

You dont know, you arent a judge.

I know enough based on what Genexwrecker said, what you posted on the main menu, and the VPN you admitted to using.

but you dont know what, if any rule, i broke, correct, just for clarification for christian57 because hes still not getting it.

We used process of elimination to narrow it all down to 2 possibilities: Your main menu posts, and your VPN. You're the one not getting this, and you're also not getting that there is literally nothing else the shadowban could've been for aside from rule-breaking posts on the main menu by either you or whoever else was on your VPN at the time.

apocralyph

Post #108 by apocralyph » Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:28 pm

Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

No, they said they dont know, because they dont know and i keep bring up you arent a judge beause you dont know, youre just making wild accusations.

They said they "don't know" because they're supposed to be vague about it and not go into specifics about it.

I know enough based on what Genexwrecker said, what you posted on the main menu, and the VPN you admitted to using.

We used process of elimination to narrow it all down to 2 possibilities: Your main menu posts, and your VPN. You're the one not getting this, and you're also not getting that there is literally nothing else the shadowban could've been for aside from rule-breaking posts on the main menu by either you or whoever else was on your VPN at the time.

youve already decided i was guilty of something, and worked backwards, which is incorrect. you admit you dont know why i was shadowbanned, the judges have said 3 times they dont know why i was shadowbanned, so unless youre claiming to be a judge, and the judge. the judges already agreed they dont know why i was shadowbanned.

Christen57

Post #109 by Christen57 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:39 pm

apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:No, they said they dont know, because they dont know and i keep bring up you arent a judge beause you dont know, youre just making wild accusations.

youve already decided i was guilty of something, and worked backwards, which is incorrect. you admit you dont know why i was shadowbanned, the judges have said 3 times they dont know why i was shadowbanned, so unless youre claiming to be a judge, and the judge. the judges already agreed they dont know why i was shadowbanned.

They won't specify which of those 2 things you were shadowbanned for, but regardless of which one it is, you'd still be rightfully shadowbanned.

apocralyph

Post #110 by apocralyph » Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:42 pm

Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

They won't specify which of those 2 things you were shadowbanned for, but regardless of which one it is, you'd still be rightfully shadowbanned.

if it was one of those, the judge would have said it was one of those, they didnt, so its not :) youre still not a judge, Sherlock, and you still have no proof that i did anything wrong, unless youre claiming the judges had a time machine 1. Or unbanned me for using a vpn just to shadowban me a week later for not using a vpn. So either youre saying the judges are stupid, Or dont know.

Christen57

Post #111 by Christen57 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:02 pm

apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:youve already decided i was guilty of something, and worked backwards, which is incorrect. you admit you dont know why i was shadowbanned, the judges have said 3 times they dont know why i was shadowbanned, so unless youre claiming to be a judge, and the judge. the judges already agreed they dont know why i was shadowbanned.

if it was one of those, the judge would have said it was one of those, they didnt, so its not :)

No, it's because they're not allowed to discuss the specifics of shadowbans that they didn't say which one of those it was, but they did make it clear it was for at least one of them, and either of them was a shadowbannable offense.

youre still not a judge, Sherlock, and you still have no proof that i did anything wrong, unless youre claiming the judges had a time machine 1. Or unbanned me for using a vpn just to shadowban me a week later for not using a vpn.

A week later? Wait, did you use the VPN then make those posts the week after, or did you make those posts first then use the VPN the week after?

apocralyph

Post #112 by apocralyph » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:05 pm

Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

if it was one of those, the judge would have said it was one of those, they didnt, so its not :)

No, it's because they're not allowed to discuss the specifics of shadowbans that they didn't say which one of those it was, but they did make it clear it was for at least one of them, and either of them was a shadowbannable offense.

youre still not a judge, Sherlock, and you still have no proof that i did anything wrong, unless youre claiming the judges had a time machine 1. Or unbanned me for using a vpn just to shadowban me a week later for not using a vpn.

A week later? Wait, did you use the VPN then make those posts the week after, or did you make those posts first then use the VPN the week after?

No, its because they dont know, which is what they said. You are literally arguing against what genexwrecker, kittytrouble and lantern have all said. They said they dont know, youre the only one who is saying they do. Again, you arent a judge and youre wrong. :lol: :lol:

Christen57

Post #113 by Christen57 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:10 pm

apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:if it was one of those, the judge would have said it was one of those, they didnt, so its not :)

No, its because they dont know, which is what they said. You are literally arguing against what genexwrecker, kittytrouble and lantern have all said. They said they dont know, youre the only one who is saying they do. Again, you arent a judge and youre wrong. :lol: :lol:

Not "Genexwrecker, Kitty Trouble, and Lantern". Just Genexwrecker. Kitty Trouble only said she couldn't check, not that she didn't know, and you haven't yet showed any statements made by Lantern.

It's not because they don't know. If it was because none of the staff knew, they'd have no reason to still keep you shadowbanned and thus would have lifted your shadowban by now, but they know what you've done, and so do I. They're only saying "I don't know" at this point because that's what they're instructed to do — not get into the specifics about it.

apocralyph

Post #114 by apocralyph » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:12 pm

Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Not "Genexwrecker, Kitty Trouble, and Lantern". Just Genexwrecker. Kitty Trouble only said she couldn't check, not that she didn't know, and you haven't yet showed any statements made by Lantern.

It's not because they don't know. If it was because none of the staff knew, they'd have no reason to still keep you shadowbanned and thus would have lifted your shadowban by now, but they know what you've done, and so do I. They're only saying "I don't know" at this point because that's what they're instructed to do — not get into the specifics about it.

No, theyre saying they dont know, because they dont know. Thats what genexwrecker said, youre really bad at whiteknighting if you arent going to actually read what they say

Christen57

Post #115 by Christen57 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:19 pm

apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:No, its because they dont know, which is what they said. You are literally arguing against what genexwrecker, kittytrouble and lantern have all said. They said they dont know, youre the only one who is saying they do. Again, you arent a judge and youre wrong. :lol: :lol:

No, theyre saying they dont know, because they dont know. Thats what genexwrecker said, youre really bad at whiteknighting if you arent going to actually read what they say

She just made it clear she does in fact know, though. She said, and I quote:
"You either broke the rules or used a VPN — either way, both are your fault."

Why would she call you out for breaking the rules and using a VPN if she "didn't know" you did at least 1 of these?

apocralyph

Post #116 by apocralyph » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:22 pm

Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Why would she call you out for breaking the rules and using a VPN if she "didn't know" you did at least 1 of these?

They said they didnt know, So they dont know, So youre still wrong :)

Christen57

Post #117 by Christen57 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:26 pm

apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:No, theyre saying they dont know, because they dont know. Thats what genexwrecker said, youre really bad at whiteknighting if you arent going to actually read what they say

She said she "didn't know" because that's what she was instructed to do — be vague about it — until she decided to finally give you the hint that she did know, so you'd know what you did wrong.

greg503

Post #118 by greg503 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:27 pm

apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:No, theyre saying they dont know, because they dont know. Thats what genexwrecker said, youre really bad at whiteknighting if you arent going to actually read what they say

Can we get confirmation on if it's policy to say "IDK" when it comes to shadowbans?
Buy Floowandereeze

apocralyph

Post #119 by apocralyph » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:29 pm

Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

SInce you seem to know why im banned, prove it. If you cant, then accept you dont know for sure.

Christen57

Post #120 by Christen57 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:35 pm

apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:you said the quite part out loud "if they didnt know why you were shadowbanned, then you wouldnt still be shadowbanned" exactly, except all the judges so far, and ive proven time and time again, dont know why i was shadowbanned, without warning the only one who claims to know why im shadowbanned is someone who isnt on the judge team and doesnt have any access to any information regarding why i was shadowbanned, you. Stop pretending like you know anything, the judges have all proven i was right on this, They do not know why i was shadowbanned.

SInce you seem to know why im banned, prove it. If you cant, then accept you dont know for sure.

I already proved it by explaining that shadowbans are used for only things that have to do with the main menu. Nothing else. There is nothing else your shadowban could've been for aside from what either you, or someone on your VPN, posted on the main menu.

Return to “Serious Discussions”