Shadowbanning without telling us?

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
Christen57

Re: Shadowbanning without telling us?

Post #141 by Christen57 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:04 am

GayNProud wrote:I still do not know what I was punished for, and how long the shadowbanning is for.

You were told what your shadowban was for. If you overlooked the reasons for the shadowban that Genexwrecker pointed out to you multiple times already, that's your fault.

Debt

Post #142 by Debt » Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:59 am

GayNProud wrote:WITHOUT LETTING THEM KNOW THAT IT HAPPENED OR WHY

That's literally why it's called a shadowban instead of a ban. You aren't supposed to know you're shadowbanned.

Genexwrecker

Post #143 by Genexwrecker » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:40 am

Debt wrote:

That's literally why it's called a shadowban instead of a ban. You aren't supposed to know you're shadowbanned.

FIN
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

GayNProud

Post #144 by GayNProud » Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:12 am

Genexwrecker wrote:
Debt wrote:

FIN

But how could you shadowban when its not listed in your "Rules" section as a potential punishment? If your operating model as judges is to outline the rules and the punishments (including their duration,) which is that an exception in terms of shadowbanning?

GayNProud

Post #145 by GayNProud » Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:12 am

Genexwrecker wrote:
Debt wrote:

FIN

But how could you shadowban when its not listed in your "Rules" section as a potential punishment? If your operating model as judges is to outline the rules and the punishments (including their duration,) which is that an exception in terms of shadowbanning?

Genexwrecker

Post #146 by Genexwrecker » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:43 am

GayNProud wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Debt wrote:That's literally why it's called a shadowban instead of a ban. You aren't supposed to know you're shadowbanned.

FIN

its an exception because its for when the listed rules and penalties literally do not stop the person. there are an absurd number of things not needed to be outlined on the rules page and most of it is common sense. If we listed every single possible penalty you would have a 500 page rulebook for duelingbook.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Sound4

Post #147 by Sound4 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:45 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
apocralyph wrote:Thats not proof, that speculation, prove it. also "they only ban for main menu posts... or maybe your vpn?" so you dont know.

What are you on about? Kitty trouble never said he/she "doesn't know" they said that is not something they can check for you. Which means that they don't have the authority to check shadowbans. Plus you have not showed any screenshots of Lantern saying he "doesn't know". Stop the lying Christen57 already showed multiple posts of you posting stuff on the Main menu which went against the rules. Genexwrecker already said that you either broke the rules or used a VPN which either is your fault. You are clearly lying here and considering how you have displayed yourself in this thread not reading what is being told to you. I think you deserve to be shadowbanned. Plus it has already been said that players are given warnings before a shadowban is issued. They don't just shadowban players immediately.

Did I just enter the twilight zone? Sound4 actually defending judges?

I mean apocralyph is literally lying and ignoring points.

GayNProud

Post #148 by GayNProud » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:16 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
GayNProud wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:FIN

its an exception because its for when the listed rules and penalties literally do not stop the person. there are an absurd number of things not needed to be outlined on the rules page and most of it is common sense. If we listed every single possible penalty you would have a 500 page rulebook for duelingbook.

What penalties and rules have you applied on me to "stop me"?

Christen57

Post #149 by Christen57 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:18 pm

GayNProud wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
GayNProud wrote:

What penalties and rules have you applied on me to "stop me"?

Freezes? Warnings?

PENMASTER

Post #150 by PENMASTER » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:19 pm

every platform has shadowbans only difference is this is where people go cry about instead of twitter.
the unread rules will always exist and we simply cannot fight them
love2hate

GayNProud

Post #151 by GayNProud » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:47 pm

PENMASTER wrote:every platform has shadowbans only difference is this is where people go cry about instead of twitter.

The "we simply cannot fight them" attitude is super defeated. This kind of stuff opens the door for so much power abuse.

PENMASTER

Post #152 by PENMASTER » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:49 pm

GayNProud wrote:
PENMASTER wrote:every platform has shadowbans only difference is this is where people go cry about instead of twitter.

The "we simply cannot fight them" attitude is super defeated. This kind of stuff opens the door for so much power abuse.

if you wanna do something and have it matter go to their house.
if you really care enough to fight something in a way that matters you force it using means they cant just ignore.
that's the fact of life so you can now reject it or embrace it
love2hate

GayNProud

Post #153 by GayNProud » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:08 am

I am still shadowbanned :(

PENMASTER

Post #154 by PENMASTER » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:30 am

GayNProud wrote:I am still shadowbanned :(

rest in piss mystic mine
love2hate

Return to “Serious Discussions”