Shadowbanning without telling us?

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
GayNProud

Re: Shadowbanning without telling us?

Post #21 by GayNProud » Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:18 am

Genexwrecker wrote:
PENMASTER wrote:i do a wee bit of trolling and its never backfired on me, so I wonder what you're doing to get shadowbanned.

a small bit of trolling here and there is good fun I post fun trolly status updates from time to time to bond with the community as a judge. now consistantly trolling to ruin a communication feature or the feel of the website is a different story.

It was not as frequent or egregious as you are making it sound to be. If anything, my "trolly" main menu posts are not different than the 90% of the post that you will see if you open DB's main menu at any given moment: trolling. I said things such as "My boyfriend is annoying", "X is hot", "Mystic Mine is the best deck", etc. I literally only said extra stuff a few times here and there, clearly light heatedly.

Having said that, I am remorseful of the times that I posted inappropriate stuff. Even though my intentions were never bad or serious, intention does not justify impact. And I have been punished for this for what it seems to be over 5 months now, without my knowledge.

Can this be reversed, now, or sometime in the future?

Christen57

Post #22 by Christen57 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:23 am

GayNProud wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
PENMASTER wrote:i do a wee bit of trolling and its never backfired on me, so I wonder what you're doing to get shadowbanned.

a small bit of trolling here and there is good fun I post fun trolly status updates from time to time to bond with the community as a judge. now consistantly trolling to ruin a communication feature or the feel of the website is a different story.

It was not as frequent or egregious as you are making it sound to be. If anything, my "trolly" main menu posts are not different than the 90% of the post that you will see if you open DB's main menu at any given moment: trolling. I said things such as "My boyfriend is annoying", "X is hot", "Mystic Mine is the best deck", etc. I literally only said extra stuff a few times here and there, clearly light heatedly.

Having said that, I am remorseful of the times that I posted inappropriate stuff. Even though my intentions were never bad or serious, intention does not justify impact. And I have been punished for this for what it seems to be over 5 months now, without my knowledge.

Can this be reversed, now, or sometime in the future?

My advice to you (and to anyone else) is, do not intentionally post any troll content on the main menu, whether they're different than that 90% or not.
I don't care if Genexwrecker said "a small bit of trolling here and there is good". There's a mighty thin line between an acceptable, and an unacceptable, amount of trolling, and that line is so blurry and easy to accidentally cross that it's not worth the risk. You chose to run the unnecessary risk of crossing that line and getting shadowbanned, and now we see that the risk didn't pay off.

It doesn't matter if you see 90%, or whatever percent, of other people posting bad stuff on the main menu. You do not have to follow that crowd. Just because some of them were lucky enough to not get caught doesn't mean you'll be as lucky.

apocralyph

Post #23 by apocralyph » Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:31 am

So i got shadowbanned, put in an appeal and asked why, the response i got back from Kittytrouble was "idk" i asked how long it would last: "Idk" i asked who shadowbanned me "idk" i asked if i could appeal it "No"
So i was shadowbanned, they dont know who why or when, but i cannot appeal

Genexwrecker

Post #24 by Genexwrecker » Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:21 am

its not something we handle or generally discuss
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

GayNProud

Post #25 by GayNProud » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:41 pm

apocralyph wrote:So i got shadowbanned, put in an appeal and asked why, the response i got back from Kittytrouble was "idk" i asked how long it would last: "Idk" i asked who shadowbanned me "idk" i asked if i could appeal it "No"

This, along with Genexwrecker's response to you, are at the heart of my post. How is it okay for the judges to issue a punishment on players without letting them know why, when, how, and how long, and no path to obtain this information or appeal? That is some Nazi level stuff right there.

PENMASTER

Post #26 by PENMASTER » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:44 pm

the plot thickens
if this is true then this little system of not being told punishments nor their reasons and for how long will backfire and has without any way to defend oneself from this backfire
love2hate

Renji Asuka

Post #27 by Renji Asuka » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:52 pm

GayNProud wrote:
apocralyph wrote:So i got shadowbanned, put in an appeal and asked why, the response i got back from Kittytrouble was "idk" i asked how long it would last: "Idk" i asked who shadowbanned me "idk" i asked if i could appeal it "No"

This, along with Genexwrecker's response to you, are at the heart of my post. How is it okay for the judges to issue a punishment on players without letting them know why, when, how, and how long, and no path to obtain this information or appeal? That is some Nazi level stuff right there.

Tell me you don't know what a nazi is without telling me...

Also DuelingBook can ban you for literally any reason if they wanted. FYI, all services that have the ability to ban you is very much like a dictatorship.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Christen57

Post #28 by Christen57 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:52 am

GayNProud wrote:

You were told why you were shadowbanned. You posted spammy trolly stuff on the main menu for no valid reason and crossed the line I mentioned earlier.

As for apocralyph, I'm sure he knows what he posted on the main menu that might've gotten him shadowbanned, so he needs to come forward and confess that.

PENMASTER

Post #29 by PENMASTER » Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:05 am

who needs tv when we got all this spicy drama and mystery right here
love2hate

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #30 by Lil Oldman » Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:48 am

Screw disney, uts all about the petty drama
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

apocralyph

Post #31 by apocralyph » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:03 am

Christen57 wrote:
GayNProud wrote:

You were told why you were shadowbanned. You posted spammy trolly stuff on the main menu for no valid reason and crossed the line I mentioned earlier.

As for apocralyph, I'm sure he knows what he posted on the main menu that might've gotten him shadowbanned, so he needs to come forward and confess that.

uh no, i dont know why i was banned, i was previously (wrongfully) banned during one of the VPN sweeps they did, and i got that appealed, then i was shadowbanned and when i asked why, Kittytrouble couldnt tell me who had shadowbanned me, why, for how long, or what rule i broke, mind you ive appealed this 4 times now and they have said they are no longer responding to my appeals.

apocralyph

Post #32 by apocralyph » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:09 am

Christen57 wrote:
GayNProud wrote:

apocralyph

Post #33 by apocralyph » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:17 am

Christen57 wrote:
GayNProud wrote:

if i got shadowbanned for a legit reason, genexwrecker, kittytrouble, lantern, feel free to drop it in the replies, id like to know as much as these guys

PENMASTER

Post #34 by PENMASTER » Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:56 pm

now there is proof floating around so lets see how they respond
I knew something like this would happen eventually
love2hate

GayNProud

Post #35 by GayNProud » Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:35 pm

Yeah, please let the judges respond to this. I understand that some players here like to respond in lieu of the judges to remind us all to take accountability and not blame our problems on the judges, but we would like a response from the judging team this time around.

Even the worst offenders on the website (which I am not even remotely close to being one) know when they are punished, are told you, and for how long. The "Rules" section of DuelingBook writes out clearly the types of infractions and their associated punishments.

Why are we being singled out?

Christen57

Post #36 by Christen57 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:06 am

apocralyph wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
GayNProud wrote:

uh no, i dont know why i was banned, i was previously (wrongfully) banned during one of the VPN sweeps they did, and i got that appealed, then i was shadowbanned and when i asked why, Kittytrouble couldnt tell me who had shadowbanned me, why, for how long, or what rule i broke, mind you ive appealed this 4 times now and they have said they are no longer responding to my appeals.

PENMASTER wrote:now there is proof floating around so lets see how they respond
I knew something like this would happen eventually

Lil Oldman wrote:Screw disney, uts all about the petty drama

Genexwrecker wrote:its not something we handle or generally discuss

https://giant.gfycat.com/CluelessCooperativeAlaskajingle.mp4

Apocralyph, you spent over a year flooding the main menu with a bunch of trolly spammy low-effort low-quality garbage.

1. Question of the day: Am i Muted?
Prize: Dono

2. Mute Test: Mystic Mine is a balanced card.

3. Smell ya later.

4. Dono code to the first person to reply.

5. https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=6729-5342743
I was abusing Zexal Before it was cool.

6. Dono code for the first reply

7. First one to reply gets a Dono code.

8. Which one of you Bozos unbanned me?

9. i tried to do the Pendulum magician combo and now my parents dont love me, WTF?

10. 1 Like = 1 Day off DB

11. Beside John the baptist, Josephus mentions Mokey Mokey one hotly-contested passage of his antiquities called "The Testimonium Mokey Mokianum"
"About this time there lived Mokey Mokey, a wise Mokey, if indead one ought to call him a Mokey. For he was one who performed suprising deeds and was a teacher of such people as accept the truth gladly. He won over many Heathens. He was the Mokey. And when, upon the accusation of the principal of men among us, Pilate had condemned him to the GY"

12. Whats Meta Rn? Wrong Answers Only.

13. Can Anyone tell me why Pot of Greed is banned? Like seriously.

14. Day 259: Mystic Mine still not banned :)

15. Oh no, Masterpeace is banned. If only there was a Level 9 that could also be made unaffect by spell, trap and/or monster effects. If only there was.

16. No one man should have all that Flower

17. BANLIST JUST DROPPED GUYS!!! Check out my LIVE reaction @ Https://www.Twitch.tv/FirewallTo3

18. Mokey Mokey.

19. Banlist broke: Pot of greed to 40

That's 19 out of your 22 posts on the main menu that were nothing but stupid spammy trolling foolishness.

Yet you continue to play dumb acting like you have no clue why you could've been shadowbanned and how your behavior on the main menu was deemed unacceptable.

PENMASTER

Post #37 by PENMASTER » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:10 am

i would only really consider 13 to be actually just stupid and trolly to where it isn't funny but its more than enough to deal the killing blow
love2hate

Genexwrecker

Post #38 by Genexwrecker » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:16 am

why quote me >.>
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

PENMASTER

Post #39 by PENMASTER » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:17 am

Genexwrecker wrote:why quote me >.>

why not
love2hate

Christen57

Post #40 by Christen57 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:21 am

Genexwrecker wrote:why quote me >.>

So you can agree he was shadowbanned for a valid reason by looking at these spammy posts of his I shared and see how they're all low-effort low-quality posts.

Return to “Serious Discussions”