My wish/changelist for DB

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
DarwisBellium92
Mood:

My wish/changelist for DB

Post #1 by DarwisBellium92 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:13 pm

After almost 4 years of being on DB, I realize that it needs HUGE changes and I have a few things to modify and / or ideas for this simulator:

1st -
Delete the custom cards, I see too many players that copy and paste images from google without permission or respect for copyright (I exclude some who put the source of that art for their customs, like Saraak).

2nd-
Ban some art thiefs in the simulator like Yuja Drayko and friends and putting a rule on copyright law (so you are American and you don't give a shit about copyright, typical...)

3rd and last -
More checks during duels and put a push report also on custom.

I said everything to the next one.

PS: NO nosense criticism or off topic comments, thanks
Last edited by DarwisBellium92 on Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist
Albaz/Branded and Gem-Knight/Tearlaments/Shaddoll player

"Not crediting an artist for your crappy custom cards is a world crime."
Cit.

Slitina

Post #2 by Slitina » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:27 pm

1. That’s gonna take a LONG time
2. Literally just cope like really most of these are using for Visual representation and need an art for a card also they aren’t gaining personal benefit from that other then having art on a card game
3. You really want to make the judges work more then they should.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #3 by DarwisBellium92 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:37 pm

Slitina wrote:1. That’s gonna take a LONG time
2. Literally just cope like really most of these are using for Visual representation and need an art for a card also they aren’t gaining personal benefit from that other then having art on a card game

I stop for a moment on the 2nd point: also include that many use the official Konami artworks to do other customs.
Let's remember that Yuja Drayko stole my archetype with vengeance just to get what? Nothing, of my shit and not my real art.
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist

Cit.

greg503

Post #4 by greg503 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:46 pm

DarwisBellium92 wrote:

I stop for a moment on the 2nd point: also include that many use the official Konami artworks to do other customs.
Let's remember that Yuja Drayko stole my archetype with vengeance just to get what? Nothing, of my shit and not my real art.

He got something valuable to him other than the art that you don't apparently consider valuable
Buy Floowandereeze

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #5 by DarwisBellium92 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:54 pm

greg503 wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:

He got something valuable to him other than the art that you don't apparently consider valuable

He was an asshole more than anything else. >.>

Cit.

Slitina

Post #6 by Slitina » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:07 pm

DarwisBellium92 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:I stop for a moment on the 2nd point: also include that many use the official Konami artworks to do other customs.

And you were an asshole too your not a victim if anything you could had been polite been the better guy instead of having a tantrum and making an entire forum about it.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #7 by DarwisBellium92 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:11 pm

Slitina wrote:
DarwisBellium92 wrote:
greg503 wrote:He got something valuable to him other than the art that you don't apparently consider valuable

And you were an asshole too your not a victim if anything you could had been polite been the better guy instead of having a tantrum and making an entire forum about it.

Even if lately the parts are reversing: I'm no longer an asshole but becoming the victim.
Very strange situation. >.>

Cit.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #8 by Lil Oldman » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:29 pm

DarwisBellium92 wrote:

Who cares lmao welcome to the internet.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Christen57

Post #9 by Christen57 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:47 pm

For the first suggestion, Genexwrecker already stated in her suggestions checklist thread that customs aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

For the second suggestion, if you want to stop your copyrighted images from being used on duelingbook, you'd have to file either a DMCA takedown request, or a lawsuit, against the infringer(s) in question, and provide hard proof that the images in question are copyrighted, that you are the rightful legal owner of them, and that the use of the images in question are being used illegally and don't fall under fair use.

Your third suggestion is vague as I have no idea what "more checks during duels" is supposed to mean. More checks for what?

Genexwrecker

Post #10 by Genexwrecker » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:24 pm

Christen57 wrote:For the first suggestion, Genexwrecker already stated in her suggestions checklist thread that customs aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

For the second suggestion, if you want to stop your copyrighted images from being used on duelingbook, you'd have to file either a DMCA takedown request, or a lawsuit, against the infringer(s) in question, and provide hard proof that the images in question are copyrighted, that you are the rightful legal owner of them, and that the use of the images in question are being used illegally and don't fall under fair use.

Your third suggestion is vague as I have no idea what "more checks during duels" is supposed to mean. More checks for what?

Even in the case of a copyrighted image, taking one and turning it into a trading card parody would fall under fair use so it wouldn’t be illegal to do so in most places.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #11 by DarwisBellium92 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:37 pm

Christen57 wrote:For the first suggestion, Genexwrecker already stated in her suggestions checklist thread that customs aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

So:
1) That is?

2) There is a problem; here in Europe the copyright law is much stricter and the snatching of art is a real crime, they are from 4 to 15 years in prison.

3) I mean, also judges in the other formats or a timer of 460 seconds per player turn. In short, we don't want duels that last too many hours and judges that don't respond.

Cit.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #12 by DarwisBellium92 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:40 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:

Even in the case of a copyrighted image, taking one and turning it into a trading card parody would fall under fair use so it wouldn’t be illegal to do so in most places.

What if in that case it is not as it happened to me with Yuja? >.>
Many try to take revenge on me.

Cit.

Christen57

Post #13 by Christen57 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:09 pm

DarwisBellium92 wrote:

So:
1) That is?

She stated it here: https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=21490
Saying, and I quote:
"Delete customs.) No
While many of us do not like them it also is not hurting anybody by existing. If you do not want to play customs then just do not use that part of the site.
"

2) There is a problem; here in Europe the copyright law is much stricter and the snatching of art is a real crime, they are from 4 to 15 years in prison.

Duelingbook is hosted in and operates in the United States so it follows the United States's laws, not Europe's laws.

3) I mean, also judges in the other formats or a timer of 460 seconds per player turn. In short, we don't want duels that last too many hours and judges that don't respond.

Judges already spread themselves thin covering judge calls in Advanced format and Goat format. Requiring them to also cover judge calls in other formats on top of those 2 will spread them thinner, so maybe it could be done, but I don't see it happening.

What if in that case it is not as it happened to me with Yuja? >.>

What exactly happened between you and him?

greg503

Post #14 by greg503 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:17 pm

He got mad that Yuja took his archtype and remade it without changing the names, artwork, etc. They just had better written effects and were more balanced
Buy Floowandereeze

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #15 by DarwisBellium92 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:54 pm

greg503 wrote:He got mad that Yuja took his archtype and remade it without changing the names, artwork, etc. They just had better written effects and were more balanced

He changed the Monster Type and Name, for revenge because he gnawed at his defeat.
He knows a lot about his behavior as a child.

Cit.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #16 by Lil Oldman » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:58 pm

greg503 wrote:He got mad that Yuja took his archtype and remade it without changing the names, artwork, etc. They just had better written effects and were more balanced

So overall a better change.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Genexwrecker

Post #17 by Genexwrecker » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:09 pm

actually we have judge calls for speed duels as well
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

greg503

Post #18 by greg503 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:44 pm

But really though, you can leave Custom card duels whenever because they're unrated. I'm pretty sure you can block people to prevent yourself from dueling them again in unrated too.
Buy Floowandereeze

PENMASTER

Post #19 by PENMASTER » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:28 am

copium levels are off the charts
love2hate

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #20 by DarwisBellium92 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:16 am

PENMASTER wrote:copium levels are off the charts

Be more constructive next time, I don't want nosense criticism, OK?!.
I add you a foe for your useless criticism

Cit.

Return to “Serious Discussions”