Communication and YOU

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
Renji Asuka

Re: Communication and YOU

Post #81 by Renji Asuka » Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:30 pm

Cromat wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:I have reviewed it, at no point did you tell your opponent to return Heatsoul back to the extra deck.

I never said to my opponent that return that Link Monster to your Extra Deck back, you're right about it. But they know rules very well and they know how to rewind game for reach the previous correct gamestate. Therefore I didn't need to tell them what they should or must, I told them what they cannot or can, and like you, they think they can do whatever they want. Because they're aware that they would take only warning. I think they know the rules well enough to interfere with whether I should take serious of rules or not regarding my rating points into account.

The fact you felt like you didn't feel the need to tell them, is proof enough that you need to work on your communication skills in situations like this.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Cromat

Post #82 by Cromat » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:19 pm

If the opponent is constantly taking shortcuts, what path should I follow in the game?

Renji Asuka

Post #83 by Renji Asuka » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:53 pm

Cromat wrote:If the opponent is constantly taking shortcuts, what path should I follow in the game?

Define shortcuts.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Cromat

Post #84 by Cromat » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:03 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Cromat wrote:If the opponent is constantly taking shortcuts, what path should I follow in the game?

Define shortcuts.

Ctrl + C : Copy the selected item.
Ctrl + V : Paste the selected item.
Ctrl + A : Select all items in a document or window.

Do you still want me to continue to define them?

Christen57

Post #85 by Christen57 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:07 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:

Define shortcuts.

Depends on what the shortcut is. You can usually allow shortcuts, especially if you have no hand traps or anything, and judges usually allow them; while other shortcuts may not be allowed and shouldn't be allowed, especially if you have a hand trap and would like to use it at some point to interrupt the opponent.

There are some situations where it's required that you take shortcuts, such as when doing a loop: https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Controlled_loop#Tournament_rulings

Current tournament rules state that if a player wants to perform a controlled loop, they may physically perform the loop once and then tell their opponent exactly the number of times they wish to repeat it. The opponent may then respond to any iteration of the loop by stating the iteration number.

Cromat wrote:Hello,

Today, I encountered a player which made an illegal Summon, I think they were a smurf account of a player which has a high rating point at DuelingBook. I told them that you cannot. But they did not listen to me and continued to play. When I called Judge to this, they offered to rewound the game and proceed, after Judge arrived before the Duel is over Judge can give me warning.. Is this possible at here? So, if we consider that I did cheat after that opponent called a Judge for cheating, I can make a deal with my opponent and continue the Duel after rewound with correct gamestate, and when Judge arrived they can freeze me for I cheated, should not the other player either should be frozen for make a such deal with their opponent?

During the Duel; https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=168328-52984179
My opponent Link Summoned of "Decode Talker Heatsoul" by using as Link Material of "Rescue-ACE Preventer" and "Salamangreat Sunlight Wolf". After that, they used the effect of the Link Monster just Summoned and drew a card, then they put a card from their hand to Deck back.
Those are have not different Attributes and that non-Link Effect Monster is not a Cyberse-Type monster. But my opponent still insist to continue to game, because they say they'll take only warning so, let the game continue to me.
But I did not proceed and wanted to wait for a Judge, because I've a game related issue here I think. But opponent says only issue at here is still their drew card by their Link-3 Link Monster..

Or are my opponent right on this point?

Your behavior here was a bit inappropriate and childish. It's both players' responsibility to maintain a proper gamestate, and both players' responsibility to try and correct said gamestate, when an illegal move is made, when possible to do so without waiting on a judge. Therefore you should have told him to also return his link-3 to the extra deck and regain the 1000 life points when he wasn't doing those things, not relied solely on him to figure out and correct everything by himself.

You held up the game for 20+ minutes over something that should've easily been resolved by yourselves without a judge. Several people like Sound4 have gotten frozen for such behavior.

Cromat

Post #86 by Cromat » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:26 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:

Define shortcuts.

Depends on what the shortcut is. You can usually allow shortcuts, especially if you have no hand traps or anything, and judges usually allow them; while other shortcuts may not be allowed and shouldn't be allowed, especially if you have a hand trap and would like to use it at some point to interrupt the opponent.

There are some situations where it's required that you take shortcuts, such as when doing a loop: https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Controlled_loop#Tournament_rulings

Current tournament rules state that if a player wants to perform a controlled loop, they may physically perform the loop once and then tell their opponent exactly the number of times they wish to repeat it. The opponent may then respond to any iteration of the loop by stating the iteration number.

Today, I encountered a player which made an illegal Summon, I think they were a smurf account of a player which has a high rating point at DuelingBook. I told them that you cannot. But they did not listen to me and continued to play. When I called Judge to this, they offered to rewound the game and proceed, after Judge arrived before the Duel is over Judge can give me warning.. Is this possible at here? So, if we consider that I did cheat after that opponent called a Judge for cheating, I can make a deal with my opponent and continue the Duel after rewound with correct gamestate, and when Judge arrived they can freeze me for I cheated, should not the other player either should be frozen for make a such deal with their opponent?

My opponent Link Summoned of "Decode Talker Heatsoul" by using as Link Material of "Rescue-ACE Preventer" and "Salamangreat Sunlight Wolf". After that, they used the effect of the Link Monster just Summoned and drew a card, then they put a card from their hand to Deck back.
Those are have not different Attributes and that non-Link Effect Monster is not a Cyberse-Type monster. But my opponent still insist to continue to game, because they say they'll take only warning so, let the game continue to me.
But I did not proceed and wanted to wait for a Judge, because I've a game related issue here I think. But opponent says only issue at here is still their drew card by their Link-3 Link Monster..

Your behavior here was a bit inappropriate and childish. It's both players' responsibility to maintain a proper gamestate, and both players' responsibility to try and correct said gamestate, when an illegal move is made, when possible to do so without waiting on a judge. Therefore you should have told him to also return his link-3 to the extra deck and regain the 1000 life points when he wasn't doing those things, not relied solely on him to figure out and correct everything by himself.

You held up the game for 20+ minutes over something that should've easily been resolved by yourselves without a judge. Several people like Sound4 have gotten frozen for such behavior.

So, you are defending this idea: If a player's opponent, cannot understand what they read, that opponent's opponent should freeze because those situations does not require(s) Judge(s). Because Cromat's job is teach the their opponents' what meaning the specific words' meanings. So let me to reach to the high level; you shortly wants if a Judge gives 30 seconds to one specific player to respond or continue or to do something for it, and to that; if that player does not understand of refuse to read or refuse to understand what Judge's say, instead of that specific player, Judge should be punished, because like you said, I had been spend 20 more minutes because my opponent do not read any card or trying to understand any sentence of any card's, any text.

I think you should start to write something more meaningful instead of just writing messages to increase your message count. With those, you no different from Renji Asuka, Christen57.

Cromat

Post #87 by Cromat » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:40 pm

I am aware that you lack the ability to understand what I say, so I will explain it with an example at a level that I think you can understand;

There is 1 face-up "Fire Prison" on my Field Spell Zone, while my opponent has a monster which is non-Link Monster. And my opponent is insistly continuing to declare attacks, while I have already told them that you should read my Field Spell.

In the above scenario, you want to being freeze me because I do not take battle damage from my opponent's monster, because according to you, that is holding up the game.

Christen57

Post #88 by Christen57 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:50 pm

Cromat wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Define shortcuts.

So, you are defending this idea: If a player's opponent, cannot understand what they read, that opponent's opponent should freeze because those situations does not require(s) Judge(s). Because Cromat's job is teach the their opponents' what meaning the specific words' meanings. So let me to reach to the high level; you shortly wants if a Judge gives 30 seconds to one specific player to respond or continue or to do something for it, and to that; if that player does not understand of refuse to read or refuse to understand what Judge's say, instead of that specific player, Judge should be punished, because like you said, I had been spend 20 more minutes because my opponent do not read any card or trying to understand any sentence of any card's, any text.

I think you should start to write something more meaningful instead of just writing messages to increase your message count. With those, you no different from Renji Asuka, Christen57.

Your job was to maintain a proper gamestate with your opponent. He made a mistake, so both players had to work on correcting it so the game would return to a proper gamestate; meaning you had to inform him the remaining steps he needed to take to restore the gamestate, while he had to follow those steps.

20 minutes weren't wasted due to your opponent not reading or not understanding anything. They were wasted due to you refusing to tell him the 2 other things he had to do to correct the gamestate: Returning the illegally summoned monster back to the extra deck and regaining the illegally lost 1000 life points.

There is 1 face-up "Fire Prison" on my Field Spell Zone, while my opponent has a monster which is non-Link Monster. And my opponent is insistly continuing to declare attacks, while I have already told them that you should read my Field Spell.

In the above scenario, you want to being freeze me because I do not take battle damage from my opponent's monster, because according to you, that is holding up the game.

I'd be more specific, like saying "my field spell is preventing that monster from attacking" instead of just "read my spell".

Cromat

Post #89 by Cromat » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:08 pm

You two have already been ruining everyone's topic since the site's inception, so at least let Genexwrecker's topic stay clean. Because I am really tired to verbal fighting with you all. When you start to understand what you read, let's start to discuss again. And stop to blame your opponents when you do not understand their cards' sentences.

*Cromat has logged out.*

Cromat

Post #90 by Cromat » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:52 am

I have talked with Head Judge, and we decided that you were right Christen57. If your opponent cheats or make illegal moves, you are the one responsible. So, if your opponent cannot read or cannot understand what they read, that is your fault. End of story. Finally you find a chance to abuse rules for take absurd advantage at your games, if you cheats at your games, you can make your opponent frozen for cheating.

MarshieDemon

Post #91 by MarshieDemon » Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:39 am

I like how you posted this when I said explicitly in the call what you should've taken away from that.

Head Administrator

Return to “Serious Discussions”