Communication and YOU

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
Cromat

Re: Communication and YOU

Post #21 by Cromat » Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:45 pm

What should I do against a user who provokes or verbally abuses their opponents in their every Duel? I realized that user doing that same thing to everyone. When we faced them again they're make us to remember previous games between them for make you more angry yourselves. They do not making as certainly breaking the rules by swearing, just continuously typing to insult to you or provokes to you; during Duel by using chatbox of game. When we reported that kind people by using Forum even, nothing is happening to them.

Christen57

Post #22 by Christen57 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:02 pm

Cromat wrote:What should I do against a user who provokes or verbally abuses their opponents in their every Duel? I realized that user doing that same thing to everyone. When we faced them again they're make us to remember previous games between them for make you more angry yourselves. They do not making as certainly breaking the rules by swearing, just continuously typing to insult to you or provokes to you; during Duel by using chatbox of game. When we reported that kind people by using Forum even, nothing is happening to them.

It can take days, if not weeks, for your report to be handled. You have to just wait.

Cromat

Post #23 by Cromat » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:20 pm

Christen57 wrote:It can take days, if not weeks, for your report to be handled. You have to just wait.

The point is not to wait here. I'm not complaining that the reports don't handled in short time. I tried to tell something else.

● What I meant was this: Those are not breaking certain rules by swearing. They're just provoke you, therefore you will swearing to them, and when Judge(s) arrives to Duel, they will see that you has been sworn to your opponent. With it; they're trying to get advantage in issue, because they're aware about what they're doing right now. Well, maybe I must ignore opponent's what they're saying because I am believing that they'll not take any punishment by authorities.

Christen57

Post #24 by Christen57 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:06 pm

Cromat wrote:
Christen57 wrote:It can take days, if not weeks, for your report to be handled. You have to just wait.

The point is not to wait here. I'm not complaining that the reports don't handled in short time. I tried to tell something else.

● What I meant was this: Those are not breaking certain rules by swearing. They're just provoke you, therefore you will swearing to them, and when Judge(s) arrives to Duel, they will see that you has been sworn to your opponent. With it; they're trying to get advantage in issue, because they're aware about what they're doing right now. Well, maybe I must ignore opponent's what they're saying because I am believing that they'll not take any punishment by authorities.

If they're merely "provoking" you, you can ignore them unless they're committing severe harassment (in which case you may have to call a judge). Either way, you don't "swear at them" back.

Genexwrecker

Post #25 by Genexwrecker » Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:25 pm

Cromat wrote:

Swearing should never be a chosen form of communication in duels. Even if disputes arise communication should remain respectful from both parties.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Cromat

Post #26 by Cromat » Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:04 pm

I can but I must find them from my 'Duel Records' section first. I've played with the players I mentioned.

Genexwrecker

Post #27 by Genexwrecker » Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:17 pm

This thread is not to call out people We are going to just start deleting posts at this point.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Cromat

Post #28 by Cromat » Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:29 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:This thread is not to call out people We are going to just start deleting posts at this point.

Should I edit somewhere in my post? Or should I delete my last paragraph? What is the matter?

Christen57

Post #29 by Christen57 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:35 pm

Cromat wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:This thread is not to call out people We are going to just start deleting posts at this point.

Should I edit somewhere in my post? Or should I delete my last paragraph? What is the matter?

You use the default report page for reporting the user(s) in question: https://forum.duelingbook.com/posting.php?mode=post&f=7

Cromat

Post #30 by Cromat » Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:42 pm

Christen57 wrote:You use the default report page for reporting the user(s) in question: https://forum.duelingbook.com/posting.php?mode=post&f=7

I do not complain about them, I give negative examples of communication. (It would seem that nothing negative is desired.)

greg503

Post #31 by greg503 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:48 pm

Cromat wrote:
Christen57 wrote:You use the default report page for reporting the user(s) in question: https://forum.duelingbook.com/posting.php?mode=post&f=7

I do not complain about them, I give negative examples of communication. (It would seem that nothing negative is desired.)

It's a bit tangential
Buy Floowandereeze

Christen57

Post #32 by Christen57 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:52 pm

Cromat wrote:

You can do that I guess, but as Genexwrecker said, you don't wanna publicly call out specific users, so instead of saying:
"Wind-up Strike has 0 communication with his opponents, he is not declaring card's effect(s), and not giving any response time to opponents for reasonable time"
you could say:
"I know this player, for example, who has 0 communication with his opponents, he is not declaring card's effect(s), and not giving any response time to opponents for reasonable time"
without specifying the person's name, to avoid publicly calling them out.

Cromat

Post #33 by Cromat » Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:58 pm

If I edit my post by hiding their names, will the problem be solved? If it will be solved, I can do it right away.

Christen57

Post #34 by Christen57 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:00 pm

Cromat wrote:If I edit my post by hiding their names, will the problem be solved? If it will be solved, I can do it right away.

It won't matter if you do, since we've already seen and documented their names, so for now, just avoid calling out additional users further in this thread.

Cromat

Post #35 by Cromat » Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:05 pm

Christen57 wrote:You can do that I guess, but as Genexwrecker said, you don't wanna publicly call out specific users, so instead of saying:
"Wind-up Strike has 0 communication with his opponents, he is not declaring card's effect(s), and not giving any response time to opponents for reasonable time"
you could say:
"I know this player, for example, who has 0 communication with his opponents, he is not declaring card's effect(s), and not giving any response time to opponents for reasonable time"
without specifying the person's name, to avoid publicly calling them out.
Christen57 wrote:It won't matter if you do, since we've already seen and documented their names, so for now, just avoid calling out additional users further in this thread.

Understood, thanks for your kindness.

MarshieDemon

Post #36 by MarshieDemon » Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:08 am

Cromat, you asked a question and you got an answer. If you're hoping for permission from a Judge to swear at your opponent for any reason, I'm afraid you'll be disappointed.

Head Administrator

Sound4

Post #37 by Sound4 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:35 am

MarshieDemon wrote:Cromat, you asked a question and you got an answer. If you're hoping for permission from a Judge to swear at your opponent for any reason, I'm afraid you'll be disappointed.

I sent you a private message please can you answer it.

Cromat

Post #38 by Cromat » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:02 am

MarshieDemon wrote:Cromat, you asked a question and you got an answer. If you're hoping for permission from a Judge to swear at your opponent for any reason, I'm afraid you'll be disappointed.
I got my answer, you are right. I am not hoping from You [Judge(s)] anything. After dialogue with You (MarshieDemon), I realized that my communication is very bad. [Just don't freeze or ban me, I can shut my mouth myself.] By the way, sorry to make you and to Forum; trouble. I must go before You (MarshieDemon) kicked me from here.

< I call this: 'Ninja Vanish Time'. >

MarshieDemon

Post #39 by MarshieDemon » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:14 pm

Sound4 wrote:

I never received a private message from you.

Head Administrator

Christen57

Post #40 by Christen57 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:35 pm

MarshieDemon wrote:
Sound4 wrote:

I never received a private message from you.

itsmetristan wrote:.

Since we're on the topic of communication, I recommend editing either your communication policy, or duelingbook's rules, to include that duelists in rated must know and speak english to communicate properly as I keep seeing duels where a judge has to get called simply because a player keeps speaking in a foreign language. https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=37755642

Return to “Serious Discussions”