Some mods have inferiority complexes (source: own evaluation)

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.

Some mods have inferiority complexes & frail egos and they aren't suited for their job

Please note that results are sorted by decreasing number of votes received.

Yes
100%
Yep
No votes

Total votes: 3

I Only Play Monke Decks

Re: Some mods have inferiority complexes (source: own evaluation)

Post #21 by I Only Play Monke Decks » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:11 pm

Ok I already understand that there is a "boosting rule" now... I will never do it again calm down. Last question: If I would play with the Anti-Mystic-Mine deck again in Rated Singles TCG but didn't accept defeat unless my LP were reduced to zero and I would do everything I could before that happens (hindering my opponent from winning quick against me) would that also be boosting still?

I Hate Everything

Post #22 by I Hate Everything » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:44 pm

I don't get the problem here, they played a deck, knew they were gonna lose and left. alot of people do this, i once got 5 wins in a row because people quited and thats not considered boosting but this is. This just seems dumb to me, they were gonna lose and didn't wanna wait 20 minutes for a duel to end. I don't think they should have been banned even for 3 days, i think they should have just got a warning.

itsmetristan

Post #23 by itsmetristan » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:03 pm

I Only Play Monke Decks wrote:Ok I already understand that there is a "boosting rule" now... I will never do it again calm down. Last question: If I would play with the Anti-Mystic-Mine deck again in Rated Singles TCG but didn't accept defeat unless my LP were reduced to zero and I would do everything I could before that happens (hindering my opponent from winning quick against me) would that also be boosting still?

No, since you're actually playing the game.

RC-2
PC-1

Senior Admin

itsmetristan

Post #24 by itsmetristan » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:05 pm

I Hate Everything wrote:I don't get the problem here, they played a deck, knew they were gonna lose and left. alot of people do this, i once got 5 wins in a row because people quited and thats not considered boosting but this is. This just seems dumb to me, they were gonna lose and didn't wanna wait 20 minutes for a duel to end. I don't think they should have been banned even for 3 days, i think they should have just got a warning.

By admitting defeat immediately over and over again, you can intentionally tank your rating while also increasing your EXP. Because of this, it you constantly join and then leave, you increase your stats without actually playing the game. That counts as boosting.

RC-2
PC-1

Senior Admin

greg503

Post #25 by greg503 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:49 pm

I Only Play Monke Decks wrote:also I didn't even know about that Boosting rule but first offenders should be permanently banned i guess

Then maybe you should have read https://www.duelingbook.com/rules
Buy Floowandereeze

I Only Play Monke Decks

Post #26 by I Only Play Monke Decks » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:30 am

greg503 wrote:
I Only Play Monke Decks wrote:also I didn't even know about that Boosting rule but first offenders should be permanently banned i guess

I didn't even know where to find them? Maybe don't put them on only on the Login Screen but also in the actual game when i'm logged in. I also have a script to skip the login screen completely so I don't even see anything thats there since some months

CustomWalker

Post #28 by CustomWalker » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:40 pm

greg503 wrote:
I Only Play Monke Decks wrote:So some mods have clearly inferiority complexes because they IP-range banned me from participating from rated play because I played an Anti-Mystic Mine Deck in Single Rated TCG. They banned me within 40 minutes. In contrast: When people harass / bully others on the Main Menu, stall while no judge is online or insult others in a Match they won't get banned for at least 1 week because the victim has to go to the forums and wait until his problem gets recognized. Some DuelingBook judges and mods are so full of themselves and ban people for things that aren't serious or even problematic. Who did I hurt by playing an Anti-Mystic Mine deck? Ohhh was it the mods frail ego because he plays Mystic Mine on his alt account? ohhhhh :( :( :(

Were you perhaps punished on another of your accounts? Do you use DB on a more public network or VPN? Can we see this "Anti-Mystic Mine deck"?

Imagen geting a life time ban for useing a VPN...
as a first time "offender"...
geting a life time banned for doing something, that pretty much everybody should do anyways...
past 2020...

greg503

Post #29 by greg503 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:15 pm

CustomWalker wrote:
greg503 wrote:
I Only Play Monke Decks wrote:So some mods have clearly inferiority complexes because they IP-range banned me from participating from rated play because I played an Anti-Mystic Mine Deck in Single Rated TCG. They banned me within 40 minutes. In contrast: When people harass / bully others on the Main Menu, stall while no judge is online or insult others in a Match they won't get banned for at least 1 week because the victim has to go to the forums and wait until his problem gets recognized. Some DuelingBook judges and mods are so full of themselves and ban people for things that aren't serious or even problematic. Who did I hurt by playing an Anti-Mystic Mine deck? Ohhh was it the mods frail ego because he plays Mystic Mine on his alt account? ohhhhh :( :( :(

Were you perhaps punished on another of your accounts? Do you use DB on a more public network or VPN? Can we see this "Anti-Mystic Mine deck"?

geting a life time banned for doing something, that pretty much everybody should do anyways...
past 2020...

Pro tip: HTTPS is that "military grade encryption" they like to advertise.
Buy Floowandereeze

Genexwrecker

Post #30 by Genexwrecker » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:47 pm

CustomWalker wrote:
greg503 wrote:

past 2020...

You are responsible for all activity on the networks you use. You assume all risk when using any network. Vpn networks come with risks. Network usage is covered in our rules. If you did not read the rules then that is on you. We have it made very clear users are responsible for activity on their networks.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

CustomWalker

Post #31 by CustomWalker » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:38 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
CustomWalker wrote:
greg503 wrote:Were you perhaps punished on another of your accounts? Do you use DB on a more public network or VPN? Can we see this "Anti-Mystic Mine deck"?

past 2020...

You are responsible for all activity on the networks you use. You assume all risk when using any network. Vpn networks come with risks. Network usage is covered in our rules. If you did not read the rules then that is on you. We have it made very clear users are responsible for activity on their networks.

but im clearly innocent...
for what is the appeal funktion, if not for cases like mine?
im doing nothing but play custom cards with friends for over 2 years now...

Genexwrecker

Post #32 by Genexwrecker » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:06 pm

But you are not innocent. You chose to use a risky network nobody forced you to.

CustomWalker

Post #33 by CustomWalker » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:20 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:But you are not innocent. You chose to use a risky network nobody forced you to.

if useing a VPN is the worst thing i have done, then there is clearly nothing i should stay banned for.
seems more like you want to keep as many players banned as you can.

what happend to the vision of the creator of this side?
he really hated all the banning on dueling network, and now it seems the mods have totally forgotten, what the appeal funktion is for...
how can you be so crule?

also VPN should be used by as many ppl as possible.

Genexwrecker

Post #34 by Genexwrecker » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:32 pm

Im merely stating the facts of what ocurred. We arent going to unban a blacklisted vpn ever. However you may file an appeal for your ban for logging into and becoming associated with it. Keep in mind im not saying you deserve to be banned im merely stating you took the risky actions yourself which led to your current situation.

CustomWalker

Post #35 by CustomWalker » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:43 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:Im merely stating the facts of what ocurred. We arent going to unban a blacklisted vpn ever. However you may file an appeal for your ban for logging into and becoming associated with it. Keep in mind im not saying you deserve to be banned im merely stating you took the risky actions yourself which led to your current situation.

but why would anybody have intrerest in banning someone who does not deserve it?
im not that guy.
whatever he did, this account never did it.
its clear if you look on the history hove this account.
i dont even play ranked.
im also clearly not ban evading, since this account is over 2 years old.

you dont need to unban a VPN either, just this account, since i can turn of my VPN.

How can the support stuff trying so hard, to keep someone banned, if they even think they dont deserve it?
its very very clear that i did nothing banworthy EVER.

its seems like you guys dont even want to help...
it seems more like you want to keep as many players away as possible...

my appeal is now going for over a month now...

Genexwrecker

Post #36 by Genexwrecker » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:47 pm

We dont have an interest its automatic cause it is blacklisted. Only heads can handle appeals for logging in to a blacklisted vpn so it takes much longer.

Christen57

Post #37 by Christen57 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:09 pm

I Only Play Monke Decks wrote:
greg503 wrote:

I didn't even know where to find them? Maybe don't put them on only on the Login Screen but also in the actual game when i'm logged in. I also have a script to skip the login screen completely so I don't even see anything thats there since some months

If you overlooked these rules on the login screen, I think you'd have still overlooked them even if they were "in the actual game". These rules have been on the login screen for years for all to see.

Also, why does this thread have a poll with the only options being "yes" and "yep"? Where is the "no"/"nope" option?

CustomWalker wrote:
greg503 wrote:

past 2020...

Who says everybody should use a vpn? I myself have never needed a vpn in a long time.

I Only Play Monke Decks

Post #38 by I Only Play Monke Decks » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:48 am

Christen57 wrote:
I Only Play Monke Decks wrote:
greg503 wrote:Then maybe you should have read https://www.duelingbook.com/rules

If you overlooked these rules on the login screen, I think you'd have still overlooked them even if they were "in the actual game". These rules have been on the login screen for years for all to see.

Also, why does this thread have a poll with the only options being "yes" and "yep"? Where is the "no"/"nope" option?

I just read the rules once on the fly, i missed the last point of the boosting thing which says boosting is also when you gain XP by disconnecting often...
The poll is fine

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #39 by Lil Oldman » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:53 am

Is just a """funy haha""" to express his discontent with his treatment, even after being explained the real reason of his beginner status. I don't think that thing is to be taken seriously.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Sound4

Post #40 by Sound4 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:14 pm

I Hate Everything wrote:I don't get the problem here, they played a deck, knew they were gonna lose and left. alot of people do this, i once got 5 wins in a row because people quited and thats not considered boosting but this is. This just seems dumb to me, they were gonna lose and didn't wanna wait 20 minutes for a duel to end. I don't think they should have been banned even for 3 days, i think they should have just got a warning.

Agreed

Return to “Serious Discussions”