No, There isn't a "Judge Problem" there's a Player Problem.

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
ominous
User avatar
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:58 pm
Reputation: 13

No, There isn't a "Judge Problem" there's a Player Problem.

Post #1 by ominous » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:48 pm

We do not need more judges, we need better, more competent players. ive recently talked with some judges, according to their analytics over 70% of judge calls can be resolved between the players without judge intervention, 30% of those can be boiled down to lack of reading comprehension, while the other 40% are Malicious AFK, cheating ect. So next time, before you say "we need more judges" consider the fact that there are well over 3 times as much work as there should be.

Be adults, figure shit out amongst yourselves. if your opponent is cheating/afking, leave the duel and report them, your time is worth more than fake internet points and complaining about judges wont fix your problems any sooner.
Dont be stupid, Stupid.

greg503
User avatar
Posts: 1380
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:43 pm
Reputation: 105
Location: Flundereeze

Post #2 by greg503 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:30 am

sound4 in shambles
Buy Floowandereeze

Genexwrecker
User avatar
Posts: 1620
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:52 pm
Reputation: 262

Post #3 by Genexwrecker » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:26 am

atleast 80% of my ruling disputes are covered by the rulebook. If users read the rules 90% of judge calls would not exist
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Sound4
Posts: 501
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:58 pm
Reputation: 2

Post #4 by Sound4 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:42 pm

greg503 wrote:sound4 in shambles

Explain. I tried to resolve the issue.

Sound4
Posts: 501
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:58 pm
Reputation: 2

Post #5 by Sound4 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:44 pm

Where is your source supporting your percentages?

PENMASTER
User avatar
Posts: 243
Joined: Wed May 06, 2020 9:08 pm
Reputation: 22

Post #6 by PENMASTER » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:27 pm

Sound4 wrote:Where is your source supporting your percentages?

everyone who played/watches rated knows this is about right plus its just a statement not exact facts but if they said it was i would believe it
PEN BEST DECK LETS GOOOOOOOO

ominous
User avatar
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:58 pm
Reputation: 13

Post #7 by ominous » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:01 am

Sound4 wrote:Where is your source supporting your percentages?

Genexwrecker is literally a judge.. Distant coder went over the analytics for Judge calls on DB on their stream, you can literally ask any judge what percentage of judge calls are covered in the card text/rulebook alone and it will likely be no less than 30%.
Dont be stupid, Stupid.

Genexwrecker
User avatar
Posts: 1620
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:52 pm
Reputation: 262

Post #8 by Genexwrecker » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:50 am

Sound4 wrote:Where is your source supporting your percentages?

I'm the source. it can change pending on the judge but typically a good chunk or sometimes majority of our calls are resolved by simply reading or reading the rulebook. atleas 30% of calls can be that way. though some of us have different luck with our calls and I tend to get more than others. I Have also taken the most judge calls rightbehind coder and player1 so I have a much larger pool of calls taken to pull from for stats.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Genexwrecker
User avatar
Posts: 1620
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:52 pm
Reputation: 262

Post #9 by Genexwrecker » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:51 am

PENMASTER wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Where is your source supporting your percentages?

everyone who played/watches rated knows this is about right plus its just a statement not exact facts but if they said it was i would believe it

I have taken over 15000 judge calls on duelingbook. probably over 8000 of those judge calls were rules covered in the rulebook.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Sound4
Posts: 501
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:58 pm
Reputation: 2

Post #10 by Sound4 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:29 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Where is your source supporting your percentages?

I'm the source. it can change pending on the judge but typically a good chunk or sometimes majority of our calls are resolved by simply reading or reading the rulebook. atleas 30% of calls can be that way. though some of us have different luck with our calls and I tend to get more than others. I Have also taken the most judge calls rightbehind coder and player1 so I have a much larger pool of calls taken to pull from for stats.

And how exactly do you keep record of thses judge calls? Plus that is simply a cause of of DB being veryslow a ame that is slow causes people to be careless and not paying attention to the current situation which then needs a judge to come in.

Sound4
Posts: 501
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:58 pm
Reputation: 2

Post #11 by Sound4 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:32 pm

ominous wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Where is your source supporting your percentages?

Genexwrecker is literally a judge.. Distant coder went over the analytics for Judge calls on DB on their stream, you can literally ask any judge what percentage of judge calls are covered in the card text/rulebook alone and it will likely be no less than 30%.

DB is very slow you would not see this in irl.

greg503
User avatar
Posts: 1380
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:43 pm
Reputation: 105
Location: Flundereeze

Post #12 by greg503 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:21 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Where is your source supporting your percentages?

I'm the source. it can change pending on the judge but typically a good chunk or sometimes majority of our calls are resolved by simply reading or reading the rulebook. atleas 30% of calls can be that way. though some of us have different luck with our calls and I tend to get more than others. I Have also taken the most judge calls rightbehind coder and player1 so I have a much larger pool of calls taken to pull from for stats.

And how exactly do you keep record of thses judge calls? Plus that is simply a cause of of DB being veryslow a ame that is slow causes people to be careless and not paying attention to the current situation which then needs a judge to come in.

Sound4 wrote:
ominous wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Where is your source supporting your percentages?

Genexwrecker is literally a judge.. Distant coder went over the analytics for Judge calls on DB on their stream, you can literally ask any judge what percentage of judge calls are covered in the card text/rulebook alone and it will likely be no less than 30%.

DB is very slow you would not see this in irl.

First off, you don't need to keep a record of every single judge call you've taken to notice a significant trend. Genex feels that a lot of calls are about reading the cards or rules, and I believe that. Second, "lag" is a very simple judge call, rule what happens to the player who "lagged," and if the other disagrees, they might appeal it.
Buy Floowandereeze

Christen57
User avatar
Posts: 1163
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 10:37 pm
Reputation: 128

Post #13 by Christen57 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:28 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Where is your source supporting your percentages?

I'm the source. it can change pending on the judge but typically a good chunk or sometimes majority of our calls are resolved by simply reading or reading the rulebook. atleas 30% of calls can be that way. though some of us have different luck with our calls and I tend to get more than others. I Have also taken the most judge calls rightbehind coder and player1 so I have a much larger pool of calls taken to pull from for stats.

And how exactly do you keep record of thses judge calls?


In some database obviously?

Plus that is simply a cause of of DB being veryslow a ame that is slow causes people to be careless and not paying attention to the current situation which then needs a judge to come in.


Multiple judges now have said that it has to do with players not knowing basic rules/rulings, not with duelingbook being slow.

Genexwrecker
User avatar
Posts: 1620
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:52 pm
Reputation: 262

Post #14 by Genexwrecker » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:00 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Where is your source supporting your percentages?

I'm the source. it can change pending on the judge but typically a good chunk or sometimes majority of our calls are resolved by simply reading or reading the rulebook. atleas 30% of calls can be that way. though some of us have different luck with our calls and I tend to get more than others. I Have also taken the most judge calls rightbehind coder and player1 so I have a much larger pool of calls taken to pull from for stats.

And how exactly do you keep record of thses judge calls? Plus that is simply a cause of of DB being veryslow a ame that is slow causes people to be careless and not paying attention to the current situation which then needs a judge to come in.

Every single judge call I take is recorded just like your duels. I myself also keep track of every call myself on top of that. currently I have taken 16618 exactly. and I have been a judge on here since 2018. I have seen a lot more things than most of the judges on duelingbook.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Genexwrecker
User avatar
Posts: 1620
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:52 pm
Reputation: 262

Post #15 by Genexwrecker » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:01 pm

greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:I'm the source. it can change pending on the judge but typically a good chunk or sometimes majority of our calls are resolved by simply reading or reading the rulebook. atleas 30% of calls can be that way. though some of us have different luck with our calls and I tend to get more than others. I Have also taken the most judge calls rightbehind coder and player1 so I have a much larger pool of calls taken to pull from for stats.

And how exactly do you keep record of thses judge calls? Plus that is simply a cause of of DB being veryslow a ame that is slow causes people to be careless and not paying attention to the current situation which then needs a judge to come in.

Sound4 wrote:
ominous wrote:Genexwrecker is literally a judge.. Distant coder went over the analytics for Judge calls on DB on their stream, you can literally ask any judge what percentage of judge calls are covered in the card text/rulebook alone and it will likely be no less than 30%.

DB is very slow you would not see this in irl.

First off, you don't need to keep a record of every single judge call you've taken to notice a significant trend. Genex feels that a lot of calls are about reading the cards or rules, and I believe that. Second, "lag" is a very simple judge call, rule what happens to the player who "lagged," and if the other disagrees, they might appeal it.

Some of us do actually keep personal track of our call types on a spreadsheet.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Genexwrecker
User avatar
Posts: 1620
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:52 pm
Reputation: 262

Post #16 by Genexwrecker » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:03 pm

As for your issues about duelingbook being slow. I am able to tell if duelingbook itself is running slow or if your internet is. if you experience lag and db is the one being the problem I will see the lag and rule accordingly. If however your internet is slow and causing you to lag then obviously it is not duelingbooks fault and for lag that I cannot see I will rule accordingly.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Sound4
Posts: 501
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:58 pm
Reputation: 2

Post #17 by Sound4 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:18 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:As for your issues about duelingbook being slow. I am able to tell if duelingbook itself is running slow or if your internet is. if you experience lag and db is the one being the problem I will see the lag and rule accordingly. If however your internet is slow and causing you to lag then obviously it is not duelingbooks fault and for lag that I cannot see I will rule accordingly.

I am talking about DB being slow as a whole. Searching your deck, clicking typing everything is very slow. Plus I find it odd you call yourself "the greatest online simulator" but a lot of people experience lag even with a good Internet.
https://youtu.be/mfQVsh3Ygtg
Watch this video for more information about DB being slow.

greg503
User avatar
Posts: 1380
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:43 pm
Reputation: 105
Location: Flundereeze

Post #18 by greg503 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:27 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:As for your issues about duelingbook being slow. I am able to tell if duelingbook itself is running slow or if your internet is. if you experience lag and db is the one being the problem I will see the lag and rule accordingly. If however your internet is slow and causing you to lag then obviously it is not duelingbooks fault and for lag that I cannot see I will rule accordingly.

I am talking about DB being slow as a whole. Searching your deck, clicking typing everything is very slow. Plus I find it odd you call yourself "the greatest online simulator" but a lot of people experience lag even with a good Internet.
https://youtu.be/mfQVsh3Ygtg
Watch this video for more information about DB being slow.

OH NO IT'S MANUAL!
Buy Floowandereeze

Lil Oldman
User avatar
Posts: 1028
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:23 pm
Reputation: 101
Location: Toontown
Mood:

Post #19 by Lil Oldman » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:31 pm

Oh no, the simulator is a simulator, not a videogame
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
https://youtu.be/j-5_Gq21EuM
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Christen57
User avatar
Posts: 1163
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 10:37 pm
Reputation: 128

Post #20 by Christen57 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:05 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:As for your issues about duelingbook being slow. I am able to tell if duelingbook itself is running slow or if your internet is. if you experience lag and db is the one being the problem I will see the lag and rule accordingly. If however your internet is slow and causing you to lag then obviously it is not duelingbooks fault and for lag that I cannot see I will rule accordingly.

I am talking about DB being slow as a whole. Searching your deck, clicking typing everything is very slow. Plus I find it odd you call yourself "the greatest online simulator" but a lot of people experience lag even with a good Internet.
https://youtu.be/mfQVsh3Ygtg
Watch this video for more information about DB being slow.


That video was from 2017. Back then we didn't have things like the declare button, the thinking button, or the ok button, so yes, duelingbook was slow back then when it came to basic things like declaring effects, but now we have those aforementioned buttons so games are overall faster.

I also don't know of any free online yugioh simulator that's better than duelingbook at the moment, so it's safe to say (for now at least) that duelingbook remains the best free online yugioh simulator.


Return to “Serious Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests