Dueling Ethics 101: No Response

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
Sound4

Re: Dueling Ethics 101: No Response

Post #41 by Sound4 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:24 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
BoomerDuels wrote:
troglyte wrote:
Valid reasons could be a number of things.
1. Maybe something happened irl and they needed to look away for a second
2. Maybe they are in fact reading or thinking, and forgot to type it.
3. Yes, slow connection is a thing. It happens to the best of us. I for one very much appreciate the DC timer that was added.

The best thing you could possibly do is clear the fog. Establish clear ground rules for responses and communication. This could be as simple as saying "I'll let you know if I have a response" or just clicking the Thumbs Up button whenever your opponent makes a play.

I personally disagree with the "Not my problem" argument. It's a 2-player game, and if one person is not able or refusing to communicate, it is, in fact, both players' problem, and needs to be addressed immediately. The way DB is designed, it's up to the players to establish a certain level of trust between them, much like in real life.

Both the first 2 are not valid reasons
In both the situations - The opponent should be the one showing basic courtesy to me by taking 2 seconds to type "Hollup" or "Read" or :Think" in chat

If they do not - It is my right to do a play
And if 1 player has an issue with, or example, the internet - That is not my fault. It is entirely their responsibility to make sure they have a stable internet connection. If they do not - It is not my problem and it is definitely my right to continue playing

You do not have a right to play, your opponent has a right to respond to your plays. Because of this, you DO NOT make a play until given the okay to do so. You can and will likely get a game loss otherwise.

Call judge, let them deal with it.

There is no reason to take 20 seconds to respond.
https://www.yugioh-card.com/ph/event/ru ... s/?lang=en
It is the opponents responsibility to respond if they are not then you may continue
"Though an average of 3 minutes may be spent on each turn, excessive time should not be spent to allow the tournament to proceed properly. Any duelists caught taking too long (or intentionally stalling for time) may be penalized."

Sound4

Post #42 by Sound4 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:27 pm

KTeknis wrote:Is this going to be Moonsamurai all over again?

I have read that guys previous posts and I am definitely not toxic like that guy. As I have seen flaws in some other people posts which I am questioning.

greg503

Post #43 by greg503 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:53 pm

Sound4 wrote:
KTeknis wrote:Is this going to be Moonsamurai all over again?

I have read that guys previous posts and I am definitely not toxic like that guy. As I have seen flaws in some other people posts which I am questioning.

You mean *we* are seeing flaws in *your* posts
Buy Floowandereeze

troglyte
Mood:

Post #44 by troglyte » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:54 pm

BoomerDuels wrote:
troglyte wrote:
BoomerDuels wrote:
What are the valid reasons?
Not having read the card or still thinking means that you should just put "Read" or "Think" in chat
And slow connection etc is definitely not my problem

3. Yes, slow connection is a thing. It happens to the best of us. I for one very much appreciate the DC timer that was added.

The best thing you could possibly do is clear the fog. Establish clear ground rules for responses and communication. This could be as simple as saying "I'll let you know if I have a response" or just clicking the Thumbs Up button whenever your opponent makes a play.

I personally disagree with the "Not my problem" argument. It's a 2-player game, and if one person is not able or refusing to communicate, it is, in fact, both players' problem, and needs to be addressed immediately. The way DB is designed, it's up to the players to establish a certain level of trust between them, much like in real life.

In both the situations - The opponent should be the one showing basic courtesy to me by taking 2 seconds to type "Hollup" or "Read" or :Think" in chat

And if 1 player has an issue with, or example, the internet - That is not my fault. It is entirely their responsibility to make sure they have a stable internet connection. If they do not - It is not my problem and it is definitely my right to continue playing

I do agree that both players should be giving basic courtesy. That being said, them not giving you that courtesy doesn't give you the "right" to deny it to them as well. Two wrongs don't make a right.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

Renji Asuka

Post #45 by Renji Asuka » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:50 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
BoomerDuels wrote:

You do not have a right to play, your opponent has a right to respond to your plays. Because of this, you DO NOT make a play until given the okay to do so. You can and will likely get a game loss otherwise.

It is the opponents responsibility to respond if they are not then you may continue
"Though an average of 3 minutes may be spent on each turn, excessive time should not be spent to allow the tournament to proceed properly. Any duelists caught taking too long (or intentionally stalling for time) may be penalized."

There is no reason for you to continue if your opponent isn't communicating. Call a judge and let them deal with it. Otherwise you may find yourself on the end of getting a game/match loss.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

BoomerDuels

Post #46 by BoomerDuels » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:55 am

troglyte wrote:
BoomerDuels wrote:
troglyte wrote:

I do agree that both players should be giving basic courtesy. That being said, them not giving you that courtesy doesn't give you the "right" to deny it to them as well. Two wrongs don't make a right.

It isn't "Denying" it to them
It is a p logical assumption that if the opponent does not say they have a response, they dont have 1

BoomerDuels

Post #47 by BoomerDuels » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:04 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:You do not have a right to play, your opponent has a right to respond to your plays. Because of this, you DO NOT make a play until given the okay to do so. You can and will likely get a game loss otherwise.

There is no reason for you to continue if your opponent isn't communicating. Call a judge and let them deal with it. Otherwise you may find yourself on the end of getting a game/match loss.

Because the assumption in any tcg, including YGO - Is that if your opponent does not say they have a response, they don't. It is far more easy to just play rather than wasting both players time by waiting for a response they might not even have

Imagine playing in a combo deck where you need to do 50 moves in 1 turn
Lets imagine adamancipators
If my opponent, as an example, seemed to be okay with both researcher and analyzer - Didn't handtrap the prank-kid package and you now have Supplier and Rocksies on board, as an example - It is a very easy assumption to overlay for gallant granite - Detatch 1 material and wait like 2 seconds for your opponent to discard ash blossom - As an example. Is it too much of a stretch to be playing a deck like adamancipators, where you need to do 50 moves in turn, for you to not waste both players time by waiting several seconds for a response

In most instances - If my opponent is playing such a deck - It will be much easier for them to just... play - I am usually, infact happier, if they do not waste both players time for a response I prolly don't even have

Renji Asuka

Post #48 by Renji Asuka » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:11 am

BoomerDuels wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:There is no reason to take 20 seconds to respond.

Because the assumption in any tcg, including YGO - Is that if your opponent does not say they have a response, they don't. It is far more easy to just play rather than wasting both players time by waiting for a response they might not even have

If my opponent, as an example, seemed to be okay with both researcher and analyzer - Didn't handtrap the prank-kid package and you now have Supplier and Rocksies on board, as an example - It is a very easy assumption to overlay for gallant granite - Detatch 1 material and wait like 2 seconds for your opponent to discard ash blossom - As an example. Is it too much of a stretch to be playing a deck like adamancipators, where you need to do 50 moves in turn, for you to not waste both players time by waiting several seconds for a response

In most instances - If my opponent is playing such a deck - It will be much easier for them to just... play - I am usually, infact happier, if they do not waste both players time for a response I prolly don't even have

Do NOT make assumptions, that only makes an ass out of you. If your opponent won't communicate, CALL A FUCKING JUDGE. DO NOT RISK GETTING A GAME LOSS OR A MATCH LOSS.

BoomerDuels

Post #49 by BoomerDuels » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:43 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
BoomerDuels wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:

Do NOT make assumptions, that only makes an ass out of you. If your opponent won't communicate, CALL A FUCKING JUDGE. DO NOT RISK GETTING A GAME LOSS OR A MATCH LOSS.

The judge will 100% side with me here unless I waited like 3 seconds
Silence is consent
That is one of the most basic rules of Duelingbook
I expect to enforce it

Renji Asuka

Post #50 by Renji Asuka » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:04 pm

BoomerDuels wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
BoomerDuels wrote:

Silence is consent
I expect to enforce it

Silence IS NOT CONSENT. I have seen many people get game loss on DN and on DB over this shit. JUST CALL A JUDGE AND WAIT ON THEM DO NOT CONTINUE.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #51 by troglyte » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:35 am

BoomerDuels wrote:
troglyte wrote:
BoomerDuels wrote:

It isn't "Denying" it to them
It is a p logical assumption that if the opponent does not say they have a response, they dont have 1

That's the problem. An assumption, by definition, is based on ZERO concrete evidence. By ASSUMING consent based on their silence (aka NOTHING), you're denying the opponent's ability to choose, which is their right.

None of your arguments are based on concrete evidence. 'Not feeling comfortable with communicating' or 'wanting the game to go faster' are terrible reasons to ignore your opponent's basic rights.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

Sound4

Post #52 by Sound4 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:18 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
BoomerDuels wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Do NOT make assumptions, that only makes an ass out of you. If your opponent won't communicate, CALL A FUCKING JUDGE. DO NOT RISK GETTING A GAME LOSS OR A MATCH LOSS.

Silence is consent
I expect to enforce it

Silence IS NOT CONSENT. I have seen many people get game loss on DN and on DB over this shit. JUST CALL A JUDGE AND WAIT ON THEM DO NOT CONTINUE.

Please can you show the proof of the replays that you claim of?

Sound4

Post #53 by Sound4 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:24 pm

BoomerDuels wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
BoomerDuels wrote:

Silence is consent
I expect to enforce it

Agreed

Renji Asuka

Post #54 by Renji Asuka » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:08 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
BoomerDuels wrote:

Silence is consent
I expect to enforce it

You do realize DN never had a replay feature right? Also I can't pull up replays of other players that did not involve me. Well I can, but it's way too much work.

greg503

Post #55 by greg503 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:48 pm

Sound4 wrote:
BoomerDuels wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Do NOT make assumptions, that only makes an ass out of you. If your opponent won't communicate, CALL A FUCKING JUDGE. DO NOT RISK GETTING A GAME LOSS OR A MATCH LOSS.

Silence is consent
I expect to enforce it

Agreed

Wasn't one of Farfa's freezes over "iz too late, i clik"
Buy Floowandereeze

Sound4

Post #56 by Sound4 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:28 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Silence IS NOT CONSENT. I have seen many people get game loss on DN and on DB over this shit. JUST CALL A JUDGE AND WAIT ON THEM DO NOT CONTINUE.

You do realize DN never had a replay feature right? Also I can't pull up replays of other players that did not involve me. Well I can, but it's way too much work.

So the replays you are talking about was from DN. You do know that the judging system hland punishments has changed a lot since back then? If you can not provide proof of your claim then it comes off that you are lying.

Renji Asuka

Post #57 by Renji Asuka » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:21 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Please can you show the proof of the replays that you claim of?

So the replays you are talking about was from DN. You do know that the judging system hland punishments has changed a lot since back then? If you can not provide proof of your claim then it comes off that you are lying.

DN never had a replay feature.

DB didn't get a replay feature til about 2 years into its life span.

You also cannot easily go through other player's replays (Only way I know how is to change the URL and I'm not going to go through millions of combinations to find those replays.)

Stop being a moron.

greg503

Post #58 by greg503 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:42 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:You do realize DN never had a replay feature right? Also I can't pull up replays of other players that did not involve me. Well I can, but it's way too much work.

You also cannot easily go through other player's replays (Only way I know how is to change the URL and I'm not going to go through millions of combinations to find those replays.)

Stop being a moron.

If it's rated, YGOScope exists, but that's about it. You do NOT get to decide how much time is enough time, only the judge, so call for AFK instead if you want to have the higher win %
Buy Floowandereeze

Sound4

Post #59 by Sound4 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:11 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:You do realize DN never had a replay feature right? Also I can't pull up replays of other players that did not involve me. Well I can, but it's way too much work.

Stop being a moron.

I am aware of that but it still doesn't change the fact that you have no proof of your claim. Plus if the people you talk of did get a game loss it would have ended the duel and you can look their at their replay and save it some where.

greg503

Post #60 by greg503 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:51 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:So the replays you are talking about was from DN. You do know that the judging system hland punishments has changed a lot since back then? If you can not provide proof of your claim then it comes off that you are lying.

Stop being a moron.

I am aware of that but it still doesn't change the fact that you have no proof of your claim. Plus if the people you talk of did get a game loss it would have ended the duel and you can look their at their replay and save it some where.

And your claims have had dismissed proof, so you're not in a better boat yourself.
Buy Floowandereeze

Return to “Serious Discussions”