Dueling Ethics 101: No Response

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
Sound4

Re: Dueling Ethics 101: No Response

Post #81 by Sound4 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:40 pm

troglyte wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:You basically have when you're bringing up tournament rules. And even then they weren't concrete. Which I already broke down on how. Also playing irl doesn't mean it's always in a tournament setting.

DB tries to copy irl as much as possible so it is appropriate to use tournament rules especially when behaviour that is not tolerated on DB is taken seriously like in a tournament.

A great example of behavior not tolerated at the tournament level is actively preventing your opponent from responding.

Read my responses on the other threads.

Sound4

Post #82 by Sound4 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:41 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:You basically have when you're bringing up tournament rules. And even then they weren't concrete. Which I already broke down on how. Also playing irl doesn't mean it's always in a tournament setting.

DB tries to copy irl as much as possible so it is appropriate to use tournament rules especially when behaviour that is not tolerated on DB is taken seriously like in a tournament.

No it isn't "appropriate to use tournament rules as Tournaments take a lot of amount of time and needs to be finished at a reasonable pace.

Playing in Rated is not the same as a tournament.

You do not have an argument.

You are not reading properly and saying things I have not even said.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #83 by troglyte » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:56 pm

Sound4 wrote:
troglyte wrote:
Sound4 wrote:DB tries to copy irl as much as possible so it is appropriate to use tournament rules especially when behaviour that is not tolerated on DB is taken seriously like in a tournament.

A great example of behavior not tolerated at the tournament level is actively preventing your opponent from responding.

Read my responses on the other threads.

Read my responses in other threads.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

Renji Asuka

Post #84 by Renji Asuka » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:02 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:DB tries to copy irl as much as possible so it is appropriate to use tournament rules especially when behaviour that is not tolerated on DB is taken seriously like in a tournament.

No it isn't "appropriate to use tournament rules as Tournaments take a lot of amount of time and needs to be finished at a reasonable pace.

No, YOU are not reading any posts. Many times we have told you TO ASK YOUR OPPONENT IF ITS OKAY TO PROCEED IF THEY WON'T RESPOND LET A JUDGE HANDLE IT.

The fact you are arguing against it and keep saying "Silence is consent" (which is disgusting) shows YOU ARE WANTING TO IGNORE THEIR RESPONSE WINDOW.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Sound4

Post #85 by Sound4 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:42 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:No it isn't "appropriate to use tournament rules as Tournaments take a lot of amount of time and needs to be finished at a reasonable pace.

No, hYOU are not reading any posts. Many times we have told you TO ASK YOUR OPPONENT IF ITS OKAY TO PROCEED IF THEY WON'T RESPOND LET A JUDGE HANDLE IT.

The fact you are arguing against it and keep saying "Silence is consent" (which is disgusting) shows YOU ARE WANTING TO IGNORE THEIR RESPONSE WINDOW.

You have seen in the duels I provided that I always wait a few seconds giving them time. I have already said that if your opponent isn't saying anything then the logical conclusion they have no response.

greg503

Post #86 by greg503 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:48 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:You are not reading properly and saying things I have not even said.

No, hYOU are not reading any posts. Many times we have told you TO ASK YOUR OPPONENT IF ITS OKAY TO PROCEED IF THEY WON'T RESPOND LET A JUDGE HANDLE IT.

You have seen in the duels I provided that I always wait a few seconds giving them time. I have already said that if your opponent isn't saying anything then the logical conclusion they have no response.

Yes, but if they did, then you are in the wrong
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #87 by Renji Asuka » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:01 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:You are not reading properly and saying things I have not even said.

"waiting a few seconds" isn't an excuse ASK YOUR OPPONENT OPEN THE LINE OF COMMUNICATION IF THEY STILL WON'T THAT IS WHEN YOU CALL A FUCKING JUDGE.

I had a duel back during DN, (I was playing Exodia with the new support in rated and he was playing Quasar) after I was telling him I had a response he had ignored me, he kept making plays. I called a judge and got a free win. His excuse "Lag" and "Didn't see the chat", despite us talking earlier prior and him using the chat that duel as he was announcing his plays.

Sound4

Post #88 by Sound4 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:30 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:No it isn't "appropriate to use tournament rules as Tournaments take a lot of amount of time and needs to be finished at a reasonable pace.

No, YOU are not reading any posts. Many times we have told you TO ASK YOUR OPPONENT IF ITS OKAY TO PROCEED IF THEY WON'T RESPOND LET A JUDGE HANDLE IT.

Stop using DN duels to make a point the rules and game have a lot since back then.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #89 by troglyte » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:33 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:

Stop using DN duels to make a point the rules and game have a lot since back then.

Did you use DN? If so, then you would know that DB is essentially a rebooted DN, making it far more relevant as an example than irl tournament rules, regardless of how much the rules have changed.

It's been mentioned by everyone already (read their posts) but the link you provided doesn't prove the point you want to make. Yes, being slow in your responses can be considered slow play depending on the context (no one is disputing this), but that doesn't justify you moving ahead of your opponent without their consent. You need to be able to prove that they consent or are afk, and that is what my step-by-step process is trying to achieve. It allows you to make a logical conclusion based on observed facts and behaviors.

Inferences are always better than assumptions.
he/him

Renji Asuka

Post #90 by Renji Asuka » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:36 am

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:

how about STOP PUSHING THAT SILENCE IS CONSENT WHEN YOU ARE IN FACT, WRONG.

Sound4

Post #91 by Sound4 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:06 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:No, YOU are not reading any posts. Many times we have told you TO ASK YOUR OPPONENT IF ITS OKAY TO PROCEED IF THEY WON'T RESPOND LET A JUDGE HANDLE IT.

I have provided links to support my claim even that guy called Boomer duels even agreed that silence is consent in yugioh.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #92 by troglyte » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:28 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Stop using DN duels to make a point the rules and game have a lot since back then.

I have provided links to support my claim even that guy called Boomer duels even agreed that silence is consent in yugioh.

Well, if silence really is consent, then the fact that Boomer hasn't responded to my explanation for why assumptions are bad must mean he agrees with me, therefore, he's NOT on your side of this argument. He has 'acknowledged it through his silence.'

Furthermore, your silence on my explanation for why your link isn't relevant must mean that you agree with me.

They're logical assumptions, after all. That's how silence is consent works, Ingeniero.
he/him

Renji Asuka

Post #93 by Renji Asuka » Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:18 am

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Stop using DN duels to make a point the rules and game have a lot since back then.

None of it actually supports what you're stating

Sound4

Post #94 by Sound4 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:33 pm

troglyte wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:how about STOP PUSHING THAT SILENCE IS CONSENT WHEN YOU ARE IN FACT, WRONG.

Well, if silence really is consent, then the fact that Boomer hasn't responded to my explanation for why assumptions are bad must mean he agrees with me, therefore, he's NOT on your side of this argument. He has 'acknowledged it through his silence.'

Furthermore, your silence on my explanation for why your link isn't relevant must mean that you agree with me.

They're logical assumptions, after all. That's how silence is consent works, Ingeniero.

I was going to reply to your post I wanted to deal with renji Asuka first.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #95 by troglyte » Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:18 pm

Sound4 wrote:
troglyte wrote:
Sound4 wrote:I have provided links to support my claim even that guy called Boomer duels even agreed that silence is consent in yugioh.

I was going to reply to your post I wanted to deal with renji Asuka first.

I've waited an entire day for your reply. The fact that you haven't replied yet must mean that you don't have an argument. Therefore, you agree with me. And if you try to rebuff it now, you're just lying. (yes, this is incredibly stupid and illogical, that is the point)

So tell me, Ingeniero, how does it feel to have your own "logic" used against you? Oh, don't bother, I already got your telepathic message. The silence was deafening.
he/him

Sound4

Post #96 by Sound4 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:02 pm

troglyte wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:No, YOU are not reading any posts. Many times we have told you TO ASK YOUR OPPONENT IF ITS OKAY TO PROCEED IF THEY WON'T RESPOND LET A JUDGE HANDLE IT.

Did you use DN? If so, then you would know that DB is essentially a rebooted DN, making it far more relevant as an example than irl tournament rules, regardless of how much the rules have changed.

It's been mentioned by everyone already (read their posts) but the link you provided doesn't prove the point you want to make. Yes, being slow in your responses can be considered slow play depending on the context (no one is disputing this), but that doesn't justify you moving ahead of your opponent without their consent. You need to be able to prove that they consent or are afk, and that is what my step-by-step process is trying to achieve. It allows you to make a logical conclusion based on observed facts and behaviors.

Inferences are always better than assumptions.

DB is a bit more faster than DNbut my point was never comparing the two. The point was that Renji Asuka keeps using his apparently DB duels as proof as silence is not consent. As I said in the earlier in the other thread it is a logical conclusion. If your opponent had a response why did not they not say anything? The most logical conclusion is that they had no response. No other reason on why.

Sound4

Post #97 by Sound4 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:04 pm

troglyte wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:how about STOP PUSHING THAT SILENCE IS CONSENT WHEN YOU ARE IN FACT, WRONG.

These aren't logical it is most likely that Boomer duels has already made his point since his last post. None of this is logical.

greg503

Post #98 by greg503 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:10 pm

Sound4 wrote:
troglyte wrote:
Sound4 wrote:I have provided links to support my claim even that guy called Boomer duels even agreed that silence is consent in yugioh.

These aren't logical it is most likely that Boomer duels has already made his point since his last post. None of this is logical.

Exactly, you're saying it's a logical conclusion, but it is an assumption
Buy Floowandereeze

Sound4

Post #99 by Sound4 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:13 pm

greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
troglyte wrote:

Not really. Why didn't the opponent say anything if they had a response? Simple they didn't have one.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #100 by troglyte » Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:14 pm

Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:These aren't logical it is most likely that Boomer duels has already made his point since his last post. None of this is logical.

Not really. Why didn't the opponent say anything if they had a response? Simple they didn't have one.

Ingeniero, that's an assumption. Assumptions like this are not logical, as I have already shown, and you have already admitted to.

Even Boomer called it an assumption.
he/him

Return to “Serious Discussions”