The user I’m referring to is Farfa. Farfa is a known streamer and yugituber, mainly on the less-serious side of the community. He had some good series of videos on Youtube, meme content and such, but in this thread I’ll be discussing the one regarding this platform.
Farfa (Not going to mention his real name for obvious reasons) shows many instances of cheating in his videos. He makes a show out of it. When confronted about this, he arguments “It’s just a joke man”. Some of the many, really many, instances of cheating include:
- Illegal plays followed by “Accepted gamestate”, or “Is too late”. Reference Link 5 is the first instance I found. Another instance is Reference Link 7.
- Pressuring the opponent into committing misplays. (Reference link 2)
- Pressuring the opponent into forfeiting. (Reference Link 7)
- Inventing terms just for confusion’s sake. (Reference Link 2)
- Inventing mechanics for confusion’s sake (Reference Link 5)
- Confusing the opponent if they don’t speak English properly. (Reference Link 5)
- Confusing the opponent if they don’t have experience. (Reference Link 6)
- Leaving an ongoing match. (Reference Link 1 and 4)
- Mocking the judge (Pick a video)
- Harassing and insulting. (Reference Link 6 and 7)
- Baiting and trolling. (Many of the listed references, latest video (8) is a good example)
That would be more than enough to get any person banned in any other platform, not only Yugioh related, but this is where it gets weird; He was banned and unbanned many times, but he faced no repercussion after being reinstated. I understand the mockery is a big part of what gave him the internet “fame”, and I see why he keeps going, as he does bad things but nobody does/says a thing.
Is it because he is promoting the platform? Is it because he draws players in? Is there something I’m not seeing? He openly admits to cheating in many videos. It’s like a recurring joke now.
He gets preferential treatment, and I don’t think this can be argued. In this video titled “I took on 3 judges” (RL3) not only he can appeal one time (Which is permitted, similar to official tournaments, to the HJ), but appeal twice, and make a show out of this, while wasting the opponent’s time, the first judge, the second one, and the last one. In the RL1 he literally calls a judge to lift his ban earlier while mocking the appeal system. That worked, by the way. It's baffling.
We can ignore the "casual" constant racism, as most of those comments are said in the video, and not in the chat.
We can also avoid speaking on every one of his subs harrasing anyone Farfa plays on the ladder and dislikes, as that can’t be proven to be provoked directly by his actions (Although it can be seen clearly, in my opinion).
I’m not seeking blood, and I don’t think every misplay or illegal play has ill intent in it, but I don’t see how anyone can argue in his favor. The proof is here for anyone to see.
I just need to know how this is allowed, so any comment will be appreciated. This took me longer than expected, but the more I kept searching, the more I found. Reference links are listed below.
Reference link 1: Getting BANNED from Dueling Book... again [Best of Farfa Highlights]
Reference link 2: BANNED from Yu-Gi-Oh! Dueling Book because "WRONG CHAIN"
Reference link 3: I took on THREE JUDGES!
Reference Link 4: I tried to break Mystic Mine
Reference Link 5: Why Farfa is the best YugiTuber duelist!
Reference Link 6: Yu-Gi-Oh! "Inherent Jinzo" Confused Low Rated Duelists
Reference Link 7: Why do you have to be mad? It's just Yu-Gi-Oh!
Reference Link 8: I tried to break Deckout. (Latest video)