Bad Player Needs a Ban

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
HulkTySSJ3

Bad Player Needs a Ban

Post #1 by HulkTySSJ3 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:05 pm

His user name is:
SetoFrese

Goat Format.
Opp: Discards 2 for Graceful.
Me: Tries to play Call on Kycoo after seeing his 2 discards.
Opp: Tries to banish them for a Chaos monster while I'm looking for Call. Then claims "priority".

I let him know Call was activated right after Graceful finished its effect, but he claims I must chain TOO Graceful.
I wait for a while to see if he understands.
He doesn't.
I have a random come in.

He throws insults away, so I go afk to look for rules and such for him. I got kicked to inactivity, but go to watch replay.
He insulted me more.
He's now spamming me in private chat.
Admins, please do your thing.

I included screenshots:
https://imgur.com/X8JvnBo
https://imgur.com/9QyOq6K

troglyte
Mood:

Post #2 by troglyte » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:50 pm

I'd recommend using the Report Abuse portal. Be sure to include the replay in question.

I would also recommend blocking him. If he continues such behavior via using alts, absolutely document it.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

XlLFTEN

Post #3 by XlLFTEN » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:25 pm

Until today I have had no explanation of why I was banned ... I was simply banned.
My account was only frozen twice for 3 days and then for 7 in both cases due to the judge's delay in reaching the room and I didn't respond, so I was considered afk, really the next step for a player like this is to be banned? ? :?: :?:

Genexwrecker

Post #4 by Genexwrecker » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:44 pm

XlLFTEN wrote:Until today I have had no explanation of why I was banned ... I was simply banned.
My account was only frozen twice for 3 days and then for 7 in both cases due to the judge's delay in reaching the room and I didn't respond, so I was considered afk, really the next step for a player like this is to be banned? ? :?: :?:

You know very well why don’t play that game.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Genexwrecker

Post #5 by Genexwrecker » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:45 pm

HulkTySSJ3 wrote:His user name is:
SetoFrese

Goat Format.
Opp: Discards 2 for Graceful.
Me: Tries to play Call on Kycoo after seeing his 2 discards.
Opp: Tries to banish them for a Chaos monster while I'm looking for Call. Then claims "priority".

I let him know Call was activated right after Graceful finished its effect, but he claims I must chain TOO Graceful.
I wait for a while to see if he understands.
He doesn't.
I have a random come in.

He throws insults away, so I go afk to look for rules and such for him. I got kicked to inactivity, but go to watch replay.
He insulted me more.
He's now spamming me in private chat.
Admins, please do your thing.

I included screenshots:
https://imgur.com/X8JvnBo
https://imgur.com/9QyOq6K
don’t respond to people like that just block them.

XlLFTEN

Post #6 by XlLFTEN » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:23 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
XlLFTEN wrote:Until today I have had no explanation of why I was banned ... I was simply banned.

lol how do i know why ??? nobody ever said I was just banned out of nowhere .. please tell me why I really don't understand

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #7 by Lil Oldman » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:24 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:

Little question regarding this: I was reading the Rules, but it never states something regarding the amount of strikes accumulated, it just says that they are used to calculate Frozen status, but nothing regarding a co-relation between them and banning, and malicious AFK isn't punishable with a ban, since the rules don't state it.
Are strikes only used for frozen punishment or are also used to see if someone can be banned if they accumulate a certain amount of strikes?
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

XlLFTEN

Post #8 by XlLFTEN » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:29 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:

Little question regarding this: I was reading the Rules, but it never states something regarding the amount of strikes accumulated, it just says that they are used to calculate Frozen status, but nothing regarding a co-relation between them and banning, and malicious AFK isn't punishable with a ban, since the rules don't state it.
Are strikes only used for frozen punishment or are also used to see if someone can be banned if they accumulate a certain amount of strikes?

I also think that there is no more I just commented how it happened to me ... but I'm sure I didn't do anything wrong to be banned out of nowhere I don't know what happened

HulkTySSJ3

Post #9 by HulkTySSJ3 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:46 pm

I tried to block but keep getting a pop up saying I can't.

Wek

Post #10 by Wek » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:16 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:

Sounds like good reason to believe they weren't banned for mal AFK to me.

Rules don't seem to state you're banned for having a certain number of strikes, though if your freeze length is something ridiculous like an entire year because of your strike count, bet they're not likely to put up with that nonsense. Whether it's a specific strike count, freeze length they're just not letting go, or causing so many freezes in a short period of time they know it's not worth it to let you back, they probably will ban you if it gets absurd enough.

XlLFTEN

Post #11 by XlLFTEN » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:49 pm

Wek wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:You know very well why don’t play that game.

Sounds like good reason to believe they weren't banned for mal AFK to me.

Rules don't seem to state you're banned for having a certain number of strikes, though if your freeze length is something ridiculous like an entire year because of your strike count, bet they're not likely to put up with that nonsense. Whether it's a specific strike count, freeze length they're just not letting go, or causing so many freezes in a short period of time they know it's not worth it to let you back, they probably will ban you if it gets absurd enough.

it was not in a short time the freezes I had .. it had already been a long time

Genexwrecker

Post #12 by Genexwrecker » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:05 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:

Strikes are solely used to determine frozen status for repeat offenses. A user can be banned at any point if their conduct is not befitting the site. People who ban evade then appeal on their alt on why they got banned is a good reason to ban somebody. And if we get to the point where freezing clearly doesn’t work then a ban would also work l.

XlLFTEN

Post #13 by XlLFTEN » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:02 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:You know very well why don’t play that game.

Strikes are solely used to determine frozen status for repeat offenses. A user can be banned at any point if their conduct is not befitting the site. People who ban evade then appeal on their alt on why they got banned is a good reason to ban somebody. And if we get to the point where freezing clearly doesn’t work then a ban would also work l.

yes more could you please tell me what happened in my case? i can't understand i'm not afk unfortunately it happened after the call from the judge that in both cases it was taking too long and i didn't come back in time

Renji Asuka

Post #14 by Renji Asuka » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:54 pm

XlLFTEN wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:Little question regarding this: I was reading the Rules, but it never states something regarding the amount of strikes accumulated, it just says that they are used to calculate Frozen status, but nothing regarding a co-relation between them and banning, and malicious AFK isn't punishable with a ban, since the rules don't state it.

yes more could you please tell me what happened in my case? i can't understand i'm not afk unfortunately it happened after the call from the judge that in both cases it was taking too long and i didn't come back in time

That's your fault, you went AFK during a game in ranked.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Return to “Serious Discussions”