Where are the Administrators?

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
Dchos3n1

Where are the Administrators?

Post #1 by Dchos3n1 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:55 pm

When I get on Dueling Book, I hope a Judge will be on. Sadly for the past couple of days and sometimes weeks, there hasn't been many admins on at all. This definitely needs to be changed, people are quitting because of trolls and their W/L ratios are showing negative affect. Most players won't even get on if an Admin is not online. We need a new Judge Exam. More Admins need to be on Dueling Book. It's getting ridiculous.
I don't want to play an automated system because the manual operation is where I can understand what cards are doing much better than the program doing it for me. It also helps players that play outside of the games. Please, give us a new Judge Exam.

Renji Asuka

Post #2 by Renji Asuka » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:24 am

I advocate for the same thing for them to be active more, but from the response that I get is "They aren't obligated to do the job they volunteered for and have real life responsibilities!"
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

greg503

Post #3 by greg503 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:34 am

It speaks to how difficult being a judge on DB is compared to Konomi's own RC-1/PC-1 which is super easy by comparison.
Buy Floowandereeze

Genexwrecker

Post #4 by Genexwrecker » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:19 am

You just get on at bad times. It’s impossible to always have a body online for judge calls no matter how many you hire. I’m actually on every single day myself just not during the day.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Renji Asuka

Post #5 by Renji Asuka » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:47 am

Genexwrecker wrote:You just get on at bad times. It’s impossible to always have a body online for judge calls no matter how many you hire. I’m actually on every single day myself just not during the day.

Its NOT impossible to always have an admin online. Give them a schedule. Even volunteers in real life are told to show up at specific times and the same can be applied here in the online space. So I don't believe for 1 moment that its impossible. To me it shows laziness on the administration's end.

Wek

Post #6 by Wek » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:15 am

Seems the solution to your problem is simple. Just become a judge and get on for a specific time each day yourself.

greg503

Post #7 by greg503 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:22 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:You just get on at bad times. It’s impossible to always have a body online for judge calls no matter how many you hire. I’m actually on every single day myself just not during the day.

Its NOT impossible to always have an admin online. Give them a schedule. Even volunteers in real life are told to show up at specific times and the same can be applied here in the online space. So I don't believe for 1 moment that its impossible. To me it shows laziness on the administration's end.

If you think that's a good idea, then become a judge and give yourself a schedule and see if you like it... again though, DB judges are of generally pretty high standards
Buy Floowandereeze

Genexwrecker

Post #8 by Genexwrecker » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:46 am

Renji Asuka wrote:

Volunteers also normally have set work or school schedules 99% of dB judges are full grown adults and a good chunk of us 25+ with real jobs that are random and change at the toss of a hat you.

Renji Asuka

Post #9 by Renji Asuka » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:25 am

Genexwrecker wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:

Volunteers also normally have set work or school schedules 99% of dB judges are full grown adults and a good chunk of us 25+ with real jobs that are random and change at the toss of a hat you.

Which is why, people shouldn't volunteer if they can't put time into whatever they are volunteering for consistently, they are useless. None of that is an excuse, its called Time Management.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #10 by LightCaster » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:34 am

We especially need some for some of the vitriolic people we have roaming the server, namely: CrystalMusic, Aromagirl, Dark Priscilla, Chaosprince and otherwise. The issue with them is that they're dancing on that fine line no admin wants to cross for whatever reason.

Genexwrecker

Post #11 by Genexwrecker » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:47 am

Sorry Renji but your statements now are just flat out disrespectful. We manage our time absurdly well to an nth degree and are full grown adults who know what we are doing. Every single one of us has decided to give what time we have to help keep the site running this even gos for the owner and head admins. admins, senior admins, head admins, every one of us does whatever we can as much as we can for this site and what you are requesting would bring the ammount of staff to 0.

Renji Asuka

Post #12 by Renji Asuka » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:00 am

Genexwrecker wrote:Sorry Renji but your statements now are just flat out disrespectful. We manage our time absurdly well to an nth degree and are full grown adults who know what we are doing. Every single one of us has decided to give what time we have to help keep the site running this even gos for the owner and head admins. admins, senior admins, head admins, every one of us does whatever we can as much as we can for this site and what you are requesting would bring the ammount of staff to 0.

Or you know, if you don't have the free time, don't volunteer. If I had my way, there'd be set schedules, while being extremely strict on that, of course I can easily create a schedule based on theirs. But hey, you seem to find excuses for admins to not be as active as they should. And I'm speaking strictly about Judges. If you happen to find my words from what I see as disrespectful, that is on you. There is 0 excuse for judges to be as inactive as they are. With how inactive they are, DuelingBook may as well remove ranked all together and remove all judges from their position or repurpose them. Then just let players deal with rulings themselves. Then the only thing the staff would have to worry about is updates, enforcing site rules, reports, and appeals.

Genexwrecker

Post #13 by Genexwrecker » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:07 am

again its a free website even the person who made and runs this and updates this doesnt work on a schedule neither do the heads seniors or us. We provide a free service because we like the game and if you do not like the service you are free to not use it.

for the people who dont like to play when there is not a judge on there will be options for that in the future but that cannot be shared publicly as of right now.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #14 by LightCaster » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:21 am

Genexwrecker wrote:again its a free website even the person who made and runs this and updates this doesnt work on a schedule neither do the heads seniors or us. We provide a free service because we like the game and if you do not like the service you are free to not use it.

for the people who dont like to play when there is not a judge on there will be options for that in the future but that cannot be shared publicly as of right now.

What about the people causing trouble that are going unpunished? Right now our resident jerk, CrystalMusic added a rule where no matter who wins the R/P/S, he goes first.

Renji Asuka

Post #15 by Renji Asuka » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:34 am

Genexwrecker wrote:for the people who dont like to play when there is not a judge on there will be options for that in the future but that cannot be shared publicly as of right now.

And this right here Genexwrecker, is what you SHOULD had stated from the beginning, in which I (idk about the OP) would see as a satisfied answer, instead of what you have posted.

I'm not unreasonable in wanting judges to be active more than they already are. It is a genuine problem the site has, and the fact you seem to have a fix for it in the works. I'm not sure why you didn't or couldn't open with that to begin with.

Wek

Post #16 by Wek » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:38 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:Sorry Renji but your statements now are just flat out disrespectful. We manage our time absurdly well to an nth degree and are full grown adults who know what we are doing. Every single one of us has decided to give what time we have to help keep the site running this even gos for the owner and head admins. admins, senior admins, head admins, every one of us does whatever we can as much as we can for this site and what you are requesting would bring the ammount of staff to 0.

Or you know, if you don't have the free time, don't volunteer. If I had my way, there'd be set schedules, while being extremely strict on that, of course I can easily create a schedule based on theirs. But hey, you seem to find excuses for admins to not be as active as they should. And I'm speaking strictly about Judges. If you happen to find my words from what I see as disrespectful, that is on you. There is 0 excuse for judges to be as inactive as they are. With how inactive they are, DuelingBook may as well remove ranked all together and remove all judges from their position or repurpose them. Then just let players deal with rulings themselves. Then the only thing the staff would have to worry about is updates, enforcing site rules, reports, and appeals.

Except, several of the judges do put in time. There are judges that have taken thousands of calls. As for "if you had your way", you didn't put in any work to make that happen, so the people who actually do things get to make those calls instead. :D No real reason to remove ranked, if you face a troll the report feature always exists. From what I see players dealing with rulings themselves is laughable. :lol:

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #17 by LightCaster » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:48 pm

Wek wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:

Except, several of the judges do put in time. There are judges that have taken thousands of calls. As for "if you had your way", you didn't put in any work to make that happen, so the people who actually do things get to make those calls instead. :D No real reason to remove ranked, if you face a troll the report feature always exists. From what I see players dealing with rulings themselves is laughable. :lol:

Like I've been saying. The report feature feels kind of useless just because of a stipulation admins/judges have where apparently you won't get in trouble unless you're acting out in ranked.

Wek

Post #18 by Wek » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:25 am

LightCaster wrote:
Wek wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Or you know, if you don't have the free time, don't volunteer. If I had my way, there'd be set schedules, while being extremely strict on that, of course I can easily create a schedule based on theirs. But hey, you seem to find excuses for admins to not be as active as they should. And I'm speaking strictly about Judges. If you happen to find my words from what I see as disrespectful, that is on you. There is 0 excuse for judges to be as inactive as they are. With how inactive they are, DuelingBook may as well remove ranked all together and remove all judges from their position or repurpose them. Then just let players deal with rulings themselves. Then the only thing the staff would have to worry about is updates, enforcing site rules, reports, and appeals.

Like I've been saying. The report feature feels kind of useless just because of a stipulation admins/judges have where apparently you won't get in trouble unless you're acting out in ranked.

That sounds like a completely separate topic then, because that has nothing to do with judge activity, and everything to do with DB policy. The dispute would be not with how active the judges are, but with what they should be allowed to freeze for.

Dchos3n1

Post #19 by Dchos3n1 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:18 am

well If I were an Administrator. I would set myself a Schedule. I have my Career all out. I am Over 30 years old. I can be on Dueling Book when players need me. That's what I'm trying to get at. We need more admins for the help reasons. Not just for Ruling. Like, we were suppose to get new profile images last year and they never even mentioned a word about it later on.

Wek

Post #20 by Wek » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:09 pm

Dchos3n1 wrote:well If I were an Administrator. I would set myself a Schedule. I have my Career all out. I am Over 30 years old. I can be on Dueling Book when players need me. That's what I'm trying to get at. We need more admins for the help reasons. Not just for Ruling.

Except, you're not an administrator, so it's pretty easy for you to say stuff you know you don't have to do.

Dchos3n1 wrote:That's what I'm trying to get at. We need more admins for the help reasons. Not just for Ruling.

That sounds like an issue with the playerbase, that so few of them are becoming judges, either because they didn't bother to try or weren't competent enough to succeed.

Dchos3n1 wrote: Like, we were suppose to get new profile images last year and they never even mentioned a word about it later on.

Don't think that has anything to do with the admins tbh. Sounds like an issue for the people who deal with the technical stuff of the site.

Return to “Serious Discussions”