My Thoughts On Sharing Replays

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
troglyte
Mood:

My Thoughts On Sharing Replays

Post #1 by troglyte » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:21 pm

Specifically, I'm talking about when someone posts a replay about a negative situation.

There are always at least two people involved in a duel. When you post a duel replay, you aren't just putting your name out there. You are shining a spotlight on that other person(s). Be mindful of that when sharing replays. Maybe get their permission first.

Now, if your intention is to call them out, without context, that's kind of a dick move. But if the behavior on display is worthy of a call out, it could counterbalance it. That being said, if your intention is to call out bad behavior, you are still putting their name out there.

For example, on Reddit threads such as r/choosingbeggars, they go out of their way to edit out the names or contact info of the choosingbeggar, because it's not about the person, it's about the behavior on display (also to avoid lawsuits, but I digress).
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

GayNProud

Post #2 by GayNProud » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:04 pm

ok

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #3 by Jedx_EX » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:45 pm

This isn't what I wanna hear, but what I NEEDED to hear. I'll keep it in mind next time I make a post like that again, thanks.
(My signature, lol)
V

Genexwrecker

Post #4 by Genexwrecker » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:46 pm

All duels are public knowledge the people who watched that duel will also have the replay and definitely don’t need consent to share it around.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

PENMASTER

Post #5 by PENMASTER » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:14 am

sounds like you got exposed recently and like what genex said its all public unless its in the rules page it don't exist
love2hate

Itta Pupu
Mood:

Post #6 by Itta Pupu » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:50 am

I agree, ask me for consent first. Ask me out, buy me dinner, make me dinner before you eat me out
Ask me for consent first. Take me out, buy me dinner, make me dinner before you eat me out.

Return to “Serious Discussions”