Cut the excuses and HIRE MORE JUDGES

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
Genexwrecker

Re: Cut the excuses and HIRE MORE JUDGES

Post #41 by Genexwrecker » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:30 am

There is already an alarm feature when we enter your games btw.

If you dont like the fact we aren't always online then you do not have to use the site. If you dont like the product provided don't use it.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Eidas

Post #42 by Eidas » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:03 am

Genexwrecker wrote:There is already an alarm feature when we enter your games btw.

If you dont like the fact we aren't always online then you do not have to use the site. If you dont like the product provided don't use it.

This.

It's the response I took. I didn't like a judges response to a call about my opponent being rude and toxic. He basically said the guy wasn't "toxic enough" and I was being too sensitive.

I quit because I refused to continue with that person under any circumstances and the judge wasn't going to cancel the match.

I escalated and heard nothing back.

The end result? I just don't play here anymore. There are far too many different sites available to force myself to spend my time somewhere that I don't agree with the policies in place.

Renji, you keep asking why you should stay. The answer is, if it bothers you so badly you shouldn't. Just pick one of the dozen other sites to go to.

Christen57

Post #43 by Christen57 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:56 am

Genexwrecker wrote:There is already an alarm feature when we enter your games btw.

Can you show us how to use it and how it works?

Eidas wrote:

This.

It's the response I took. I didn't like a judges response to a call about my opponent being rude and toxic. He basically said the guy wasn't "toxic enough" and I was being too sensitive.

I quit because I refused to continue with that person under any circumstances and the judge wasn't going to cancel the match.

The end result? I just don't play here anymore. There are far too many different sites available to force myself to spend my time somewhere that I don't agree with the policies in place.

Renji, you keep asking why you should stay. The answer is, if it bothers you so badly you shouldn't. Just pick one of the dozen other sites to go to.

Do you have the replay for this?

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:The lazy part is how I see the whole situation, could I had worded it differently? Yes, but its what I see and how I honestly feel about it. Its more of being blunt than anything.

Also if you're in the middle of a duel in rated, why would you leave to take a shower or do something else? Why not do all those things before you get on DB?

We need solutions, not insults. The staff doesn't struggle to hire more judges because they're lazy. They struggle to do it because they have strict criteria for becoming a judge. If you believe their standards are too high, then focus on that, but having high standards isn't laziness. Lazy means wanting to do as little work as possible. Hiring the right judges based on their criteria is a lot of work.

Also, sometimes unexpected things happen. Maybe I'm in the middle of a rated duel and I need to answer the door, take a phone call, or get something to eat because I suddenly have a growth spurt. It would help if I had the browser alert me with a sound when a judge arrives so I know I need to return to the duel immediately. I don't want to just sit in my chair staring at my screen for over an hour as I wait for a judge to arrive. I want to be able to pass the time without worrying about a judge coming when I'm not there don't know about it then giving me a loss for not sitting in my chair for over an hour straight, waiting, and staring at the screen. An alert system would make waiting for judges less boring and less stressful.

I never once advocate for more hiring judges, but every solution given to them are easy things to implement, they don't want to do it. I only been advocating for Judges to be put on shifts. And the fact its being shot down is showing that the judges don't want to do their job making them lazy. There is 0 excuse for judges not to be online.

Judges have their own lives to live too. They can't invest all their time into just judging. In fact, putting judges on "shifts" would be counterproductive for 3 reasons.

1. Judges can have their real life schedules change without warning which may end up conflicting with the schedule set for them for duelingbook.

2. Multiple judges could want to come online answering many calls but wouldn't be able to do so because one of them has to wait for the other's shift to finish.

3. If you have a judge who's shift starts at 2 o'clock and ends at 4 o'clock, but that judge wants to either come online before 2 o'clock to do some judging early or remain online after 4 o'clock to answer calls since they have more free time on their hands, they wouldn't be able to do so. They would have to go offline since their shift is up.

Judges have to be allowed plenty of flexibility, and shifts hinder that. Simply requiring judges to take a certain number of calls every week is good enough.

Renji Asuka

Post #44 by Renji Asuka » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:25 am

Christen57 wrote:

Eidas wrote:

This.

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
We need solutions, not insults. The staff doesn't struggle to hire more judges because they're lazy. They struggle to do it because they have strict criteria for becoming a judge. If you believe their standards are too high, then focus on that, but having high standards isn't laziness. Lazy means wanting to do as little work as possible. Hiring the right judges based on their criteria is a lot of work.

Also, sometimes unexpected things happen. Maybe I'm in the middle of a rated duel and I need to answer the door, take a phone call, or get something to eat because I suddenly have a growth spurt. It would help if I had the browser alert me with a sound when a judge arrives so I know I need to return to the duel immediately. I don't want to just sit in my chair staring at my screen for over an hour as I wait for a judge to arrive. I want to be able to pass the time without worrying about a judge coming when I'm not there don't know about it then giving me a loss for not sitting in my chair for over an hour straight, waiting, and staring at the screen. An alert system would make waiting for judges less boring and less stressful.

I never once advocate for more hiring judges, but every solution given to them are easy things to implement, they don't want to do it. I only been advocating for Judges to be put on shifts. And the fact its being shot down is showing that the judges don't want to do their job making them lazy. There is 0 excuse for judges not to be online.

Judges have their own lives to live too. They can't invest all their time into just judging. In fact, putting judges on "shifts" would be counterproductive for 3 reasons.

1. Judges can have their real life schedules change without warning which may end up conflicting with the schedule set for them for duelingbook.

2. Multiple judges could want to come online answering many calls but wouldn't be able to do so because one of them has to wait for the other's shift to finish.

3. If you have a judge who's shift starts at 2 o'clock and ends at 4 o'clock, but that judge wants to either come online before 2 o'clock to do some judging early or remain online after 4 o'clock to answer calls since they have more free time on their hands, they wouldn't be able to do so. They would have to go offline since their shift is up.

Judges have to be allowed plenty of flexibility, and shifts hinder that. Simply requiring judges to take a certain number of calls every week is good enough.

The idea of "Judges having lives" isn't an excuse, any reasonable adult knows this. Yes real life responsibilities come first, BUT IF YOU VOLUNTEER FOR SOMETHING YOU NEED TO PUT IN THE WORK TO DO SAID THING YOU VOLUNTEER TO DO. If you're too busy to spend about 3 hours of your time to help players in rated, then you shouldn't be a judge. If you volunteer at a place in real life, you are still having to show up on time for whatever you're volunteering for. You only screw things up if you don't show up at designated times.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Genexwrecker

Post #45 by Genexwrecker » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:01 am

This isnt a real life job we are not trying to run a sucessful productive company we are working together with whatever free time we have to provide a fun website for people to play ygo on. Stop comparing what we are doing to real jobs because volunteering to judge is not only not a real job we can all stop doing what we do here at any point. Again we provide a FREE website. If you do not like the fact we are running it this way you are not forced to play on it.

Because this is free there is no set schedule for shifts there is no set schedule for patches there is no set time to upload cards there is no set schedule to update banlists there is no set upates to update card text. Things occur when we are able to get around to them as soon as we are free and able.

Renji Asuka

Post #46 by Renji Asuka » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:44 am

Genexwrecker wrote:This isnt a real life job we are not trying to run a sucessful productive company we are working together with whatever free time we have to provide a fun website for people to play ygo on. Stop comparing what we are doing to real jobs because volunteering to judge is not only not a real job we can all stop doing what we do here at any point. Again we provide a FREE website. If you do not like the fact we are running it this way you are not forced to play on it.

Because this is free there is no set schedule for shifts there is no set schedule for patches there is no set time to upload cards there is no set schedule to update banlists there is no set upates to update card text. Things occur when we are able to get around to them as soon as we are free and able.

And volunteering to pass out food spending hours is also not a real job. You can easily create a schedule but you are not willing to. It also seems you are not willing to create a better product. But it seems that DN is always going to be superior to DB regarding judges.

Eidas

Post #47 by Eidas » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:46 am

Christen57 wrote:

I could go get it, why?

DarkPhenix

Post #48 by DarkPhenix » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:48 am

And volunteering to pass out food spending hours is also not a real job. You can easily create a schedule but you are not willing to. It also seems you are not willing to create a better product. But it seems that DN is always going to be superior to DB regarding judges.

There were a fair amount of DN Judges that were somewhat corrupt, or did not adhere to staff policy. In DB, there is a MUCH higher expectation for staff members and DN did not have.
RC-1, PC-1 Konami® Certified Judge

Renji Asuka

Post #49 by Renji Asuka » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:57 am

DarkPhenix wrote:

There were a fair amount of DN Judges that were somewhat corrupt, or did not adhere to staff policy. In DB, there is a MUCH higher expectation for staff members and DN did not have.

If there is higher expectations for staff members on DB, then why is it difficult to have judges to be on regularly? Shouldn't that be one of the expectations? To hire someone and have them do their job on the regular?

Mind you, I'm not asking for judges to be on for 8 hours a day. But are you honestly telling me NONE can actually do their job they volunteered for about 3 hours a day? I mean you can get everyone's schedule on when they can be free, then create a system revolving around that. I mean DB had about almost 4 years now to get this sorted out but refused cause heaven forbid judges actually be active on the regular.

Idk, I rather just see a DB get BETTER, instead of it being subpar.

Alter-Ego

Post #50 by Alter-Ego » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:28 pm

Oof all I see in this post is excuses, we all know DB judges is juste an exclusive club for lazy uninterested sad people, most respected DN judges made the move, I wonder if at some point DB reached to those said judges.

Christen57

Post #51 by Christen57 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:43 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Eidas wrote:

This.

Renji Asuka wrote:I never once advocate for more hiring judges, but every solution given to them are easy things to implement, they don't want to do it. I only been advocating for Judges to be put on shifts. And the fact its being shot down is showing that the judges don't want to do their job making them lazy. There is 0 excuse for judges not to be online.

The idea of "Judges having lives" isn't an excuse, any reasonable adult knows this. Yes real life responsibilities come first, BUT IF YOU VOLUNTEER FOR SOMETHING YOU NEED TO PUT IN THE WORK TO DO SAID THING YOU VOLUNTEER TO DO. If you're too busy to spend about 3 hours of your time to help players in rated, then you shouldn't be a judge. If you volunteer at a place in real life, you are still having to show up on time for whatever you're volunteering for. You only screw things up if you don't show up at designated times.

I've already explained why it's better to expect judges to take a certain number of calls per week than to expect judges to be online for a certain number of hours per day.

Also stop comparing judging on duelingbook to volunteering for places in real life. Volunteering involves being "on time" at "designated times". Judging involves taking a certain number of calls per week/month.

Judges having lives is meant to be an explanation, not an excuse. Excuses are meant to deny the situation or shift the blame for a situation onto something or someone else without improving it. Explanations are meant to acknowledge the situation and try to improve it without shifting the blame to anything or anyone else.

Eidas wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

I could go get it, why?

Because oftentimes when people complain about judges here being abusive either they refuse to back it up with evidence or someone provides evidence that only ends up showing that the judge was justified in doing whatever they did.

Renji Asuka wrote:
DarkPhenix wrote:

If there is higher expectations for staff members on DB, then why is it difficult to have judges to be on regularly? Shouldn't that be one of the expectations? To hire someone and have them do their job on the regular?

Mind you, I'm not asking for judges to be on for 8 hours a day. But are you honestly telling me NONE can actually do their job they volunteered for about 3 hours a day? I mean you can get everyone's schedule on when they can be free, then create a system revolving around that. I mean DB had about almost 4 years now to get this sorted out but refused cause heaven forbid judges actually be active on the regular.

Back on dueling network, it was decided that it was better to have good judges that weren't very active than to have bad judges that were very active. I assume that mindset carried over to dueling book.

Getting everyone's schedule and making a system around that sounds simple on paper, but schedules can and will rapidly change unexpectedly, especially when we have like 40 different judges all with varying amounts of free time. It would be tedious to keep adjusting the universal schedule for all 40 judges because one of them had a sudden change of plans.

As long as the judges are required to take a certain number of calls per week, that's good enough. It allows them to set their own flexible schedules and be able to adjust them whenever they need without being too inactive. Some judges have only 1 day off per week where they can spend that day answering 30 calls, others may have 2 days off per week where they can answer 15 calls each of those days, and others may have 3 days off per week where they can answer 10 calls each of those days. Either way, they're all answering a total of at least 30 calls per week, so that's an example of them putting in their share of work for duelingbook without having to follow a strict schedule.

Alter-Ego wrote:Oof all I see in this post is excuses, we all know DB judges is juste an exclusive club for lazy uninterested sad people, most respected DN judges made the move, I wonder if at some point DB reached to those said judges.

There is no evidence that judges are lazy, uninterested, and sad. I'm sure many of them work hard in real life and are also interested in balancing between real life and judging.

d1234

Post #52 by d1234 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:56 pm

I know I that it is better to have better judges, but how much skill do you need to handle an AFK?
There should either be junior judges, more judges, or judges for things like boosting, AFK, or being mean.
Remove Dark Cyborg from beginner.

Renji Asuka

Post #53 by Renji Asuka » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:29 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

I've already explained why it's better to expect judges to take a certain number of calls per week than to expect judges to be online for a certain number of hours per day.

Also stop comparing judging on duelingbook to volunteering for places in real life. Volunteering involves being "on time" at "designated times". Judging involves taking a certain number of calls per week/month.

Judges having lives is meant to be an explanation, not an excuse. Excuses are meant to deny the situation or shift the blame for a situation onto something or someone else without improving it. Explanations are meant to acknowledge the situation and try to improve it without shifting the blame to anything or anyone else.

Eidas wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

I could go get it, why?

Because oftentimes when people complain about judges here being abusive either they refuse to back it up with evidence or someone provides evidence that only ends up showing that the judge was justified in doing whatever they did.

Renji Asuka wrote:
DarkPhenix wrote:

Back on dueling network, it was decided that it was better to have good judges that weren't very active than to have bad judges that were very active. I assume that mindset carried over to dueling book.

Getting everyone's schedule and making a system around that sounds simple on paper, but schedules can and will rapidly change unexpectedly, especially when we have like 40 different judges all with varying amounts of free time. It would be tedious to keep adjusting the universal schedule for all 40 judges because one of them had a sudden change of plans.

As long as the judges are required to take a certain number of calls per week, that's good enough. It allows them to set their own flexible schedules and be able to adjust them whenever they need without being too inactive. Some judges have only 1 day off per week where they can spend that day answering 30 calls, others may have 2 days off per week where they can answer 15 calls each of those days, and others may have 3 days off per week where they can answer 10 calls each of those days. Either way, they're all answering a total of at least 30 calls per week, so that's an example of them putting in their share of work for duelingbook without having to follow a strict schedule.

Alter-Ego wrote:Oof all I see in this post is excuses, we all know DB judges is juste an exclusive club for lazy uninterested sad people, most respected DN judges made the move, I wonder if at some point DB reached to those said judges.

There is no evidence that judges are lazy, uninterested, and sad. I'm sure many of them work hard in real life and are also interested in balancing between real life and judging.

Mind you, its players volunteering THEIR TIME AND ENERGY to be a judge, so yes its the same as doing irl, the only difference is, you're at your PC or Phone doing the job instead of doing whatever physical labor you're helping with.

ominous

Post #54 by ominous » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:07 pm

Issue isnt the number of judges... Judges got lives and unlike you, it doesnt revolve around a children's card game. If they wanted more judges fast, theyd have to lower the bar of admission, meaning more judges, but at a lower quality. You also give some kids on this site even a little bit of power and theyll let it go to their head and abuse it. Its the same reason you cant trust people to police themselves, they just arent trust worthy.
Dont be stupid, Stupid.

Genexwrecker

Post #55 by Genexwrecker » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:19 am

d1234 wrote:I know I that it is better to have better judges, but how much skill do you need to handle an AFK?
There should either be junior judges, more judges, or judges for things like boosting, AFK, or being mean.

There is a lot more stuff that goes into an afk call than you think. Atleast 6 different factors and things you have to look over in afk calls at a base level

Runzy
Mood:

Post #56 by Runzy » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:59 am

GayNProud wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Hell, when I volunteer at the church in town to help pass out food, I have to be there before people start showing up to get food to not only help set it up, but to also bring in MORE food that is given out. I'm not being paid to do it. Sorry Genexwrecker, there's just no excuse to be this lax even with volunteers. Mind you, I'm not saying they have to dedicate their entire day, but they can literally dedicate 3-4 hours of helping, and if they can't (outside of real life responsibilities), they don't need to be a judge.

Volunteering irl is an entirely different scenario. You cannot possibly compare it to running a non profit free site. Irl you have set dates and times where things need to occur. a website is literally run 24/7 and there is always stuff to do. And getting Judges hired from each timezone is also very difficult because not only do they need to be from those timezones but they need to know very very good english to judge properly. Trying to get multiple people from each timezone with those english skills and ability to be a very competent judge is absurdly rare. it took us forever to just get more than 1 judge that resides in brazil. Now then as for your 3-4 hours to judge straight you have to realize the task you are asking of people this isnt something that you can binge and do a good job at. Judging on duelingbook varies call to call and pending on what the calls are you might not be at the mental capacity after just 5 calls to go any furthur without huring the quality of the calls. sometimes you could go 40 calls without issue. There are so many variables to how long one can consistantly judge at one time. We do have a minimum requirements of each judge and specific duties they must fulfill. If they cannot fulfill those then they will be removed.

All I am hearing you say is that there is no solution to the problem of not having enough judges/judges throughout the day. No matter what the reasons are, we need to be working towards solving the problem in one shape or form.

For example, here is an idea someone proposed: creating a different tier of judges. Ones who only have the ability to give game losses to individuals who have been maliciously AFK. Nothing more nothing else.

It's just impossible to have a Judge on 24/7 no matter how many get hired. People have lifes
DB Judge 20/09/2017. 21/11/2023 - Present.
Retired: 15/12/2021 & 26/12/2022
Konami RC-1 & PC-1 Certified (August 2017)
Konami DC-1 Certified (March 2019)

Runzy
Mood:

Post #57 by Runzy » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:08 am

GayNProud wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
I believe I'm the one that suggested this, although I can't remember where exactly on the forum I suggested it, but Genexwrecker said he wouldn't consider this... for some reason.
We discussed the idea of having different judges for different things or mods and decided it was an absolute no. this has not changed since then.

Again, offer us some kind of solution. Tell us you are working on it. Ask us to brainstorm with you. Tell us how we can help. All you are doing is just shutting down everything, and leaving unsatisfied and maliciously stalled.

There is just no solution you're asking for the impossible.

You did interact with me in my other post about "judges ignoring reports". The issue here goes hand in hand with that. I would not need to make NUMEROUS abuse reports if I did not have to deal with almost every single issue myself due to judges never coming on. Judges are almost NEVER on. This is crazy.

Well, you would think if there are numerous in your duels then it would be you? Anyway, abuse reports are there for when we are not able to get to your call etc so use it? You act like we are slaves that need to be online at your beck and call...

No matter how many internal rules and policies you cannot share with us, all we actually care about is the RESULT. What is the result we have? Judges not on most of the day. And whenever they are on, they are just too few judges for the abundance of calls. Couple that with the fact that you guys do not respond to abuse reports, you get RAMPAGE running around in the website's rated sections.

Judges are on a lot of times. You forget this period is busy for people at work and also those who have exams coming up. I have personally handled over 500 abuse reports and still do. A lot do, like a lot of things it takes time to handle everything but we still handle them.

Now, go back and think about your very strict criteria for hiring judges. Why do you enforce this? Isn't it to keep the quality of the website high? Is that the result you are actually achieving? No. Meaning? Something must change.

Criteria isn't really that strict and we need to hire Judges who will actually be good Judges. I have no idea why you would want more Judges at the sacrifice of them not being good at you....know Judging? It's fine how it currently is. You might not always have a Judge on but that's just how it is.

It is not like we are over here just bitching and complaining. We are trying to propose solutions.

You literally kinda are. The solution? try and communicate with your opponents and solve issues before relying on a Judge. A Judge will not always be online that's just impossible no matter how many you hire let's be logical here. A schedule wouldn't work this is volunteer also people have things in their lives that can randomly pop up.

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:The lazy part is how I see the whole situation, could I had worded it differently? Yes, but its what I see and how I honestly feel about it. Its more of being blunt than anything.

Also if you're in the middle of a duel in rated, why would you leave to take a shower or do something else? Why not do all those things before you get on DB?

This is not a Job. You actually get paid for Jobs? Sure if this actually paid like a normal Job I'd be on a lot more. It doesn't that's the reality and people have to make a living cut the lazy bs and stop acting like you have it all figured out. Honestly it gets tiring when people act like their idea is the best in the world when it's not. You just sound super entitled.

Yea cut the crap, Judges weren't online 24/7 on DN so don't act like it's only on DB just stop.

Ending statement: At least Christen57 thinks logically.
DB Judge 20/09/2017. 21/11/2023 - Present.
Retired: 15/12/2021 & 26/12/2022
Konami RC-1 & PC-1 Certified (August 2017)
Konami DC-1 Certified (March 2019)

DarkPhenix

Post #58 by DarkPhenix » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:13 am

Nice
RC-1, PC-1 Konami® Certified Judge

GayNProud

Post #59 by GayNProud » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:18 am

Runzy wrote:
GayNProud wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:We discussed the idea of having different judges for different things or mods and decided it was an absolute no. this has not changed since then.

Again, offer us some kind of solution. Tell us you are working on it. Ask us to brainstorm with you. Tell us how we can help. All you are doing is just shutting down everything, and leaving unsatisfied and maliciously stalled.

There is just no solution you're asking for the impossible.

You did interact with me in my other post about "judges ignoring reports". The issue here goes hand in hand with that. I would not need to make NUMEROUS abuse reports if I did not have to deal with almost every single issue myself due to judges never coming on. Judges are almost NEVER on. This is crazy.

Well, you would think if there are numerous in your duels then it would be you? Anyway, abuse reports are there for when we are not able to get to your call etc so use it? You act like we are slaves that need to be online at your beck and call...

No matter how many internal rules and policies you cannot share with us, all we actually care about is the RESULT. What is the result we have? Judges not on most of the day. And whenever they are on, they are just too few judges for the abundance of calls. Couple that with the fact that you guys do not respond to abuse reports, you get RAMPAGE running around in the website's rated sections.

Judges are on a lot of times. You forget this period is busy for people at work and also those who have exams coming up. I have personally handled over 500 abuse reports and still do. A lot do, like a lot of things it takes time to handle everything but we still handle them.

Now, go back and think about your very strict criteria for hiring judges. Why do you enforce this? Isn't it to keep the quality of the website high? Is that the result you are actually achieving? No. Meaning? Something must change.

Criteria isn't really that strict and we need to hire Judges who will actually be good Judges. I have no idea why you would want more Judges at the sacrifice of them not being good at you....know Judging? It's fine how it currently is. You might not always have a Judge on but that's just how it is.

It is not like we are over here just bitching and complaining. We are trying to propose solutions.

You literally kinda are. The solution? try and communicate with your opponents and solve issues before relying on a Judge. A Judge will not always be online that's just impossible no matter how many you hire let's be logical here. A schedule wouldn't work this is volunteer also people have things in their lives that can randomly pop up.

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

This is not a Job. You actually get paid for Jobs? Sure if this actually paid like a normal Job I'd be on a lot more. It doesn't that's the reality and people have to make a living cut the lazy bs and stop acting like you have it all figured out. Honestly it gets tiring when people act like their idea is the best in the world when it's not. You just sound super entitled.

Yea cut the crap, Judges weren't online 24/7 on DN so don't act like it's only on DB just stop.

Ending statement: At least Christen57 thinks logically.

As a judge who is able to see my reports and have handled some of them, I do not understand how could you say that I am "the problem". My ONLY "problem" is that my deck of choice is Mystic Mine. As someone who follows the rules of this website, I have the right for my opponents to follow the rules as well. 99.9% of my numerous reports are about my opponents EXPLICITLY breaking these rules, particularly the most recent ones. I am talking about straight up cheating or malicious stalling that they admitted to in the chat. Why aren't these people frozen? How am I the problem there? Because I play a deck that irritated them enough to decide to break the rules?

This is exactly the same mentality you guys used when you unfairly demoted Kitty Trouble for her personal and legal decision to play Pole Position and when she argued back about the legality of her choice. You are LUCKY that I didn't dedicate a post to expose you on that (yet). Stop attacking us and making it sound like you are doing us charity, when you got a lot of work to do behind the scenes to fix your problems. If you choose or decide to operate this website, you must do it right. There are objective metrics that are not debatable for what "doing it right" looks like, and one of them is without a doubt the expectation for people to follow your rules. This is what this entire post is ultimately about.

Oh and Genex, my eyes fell out of my face from rolling around at your "6 factors that go into an AFK" comment. You literally are trying to make it sound like you Yu-Gi-Oh DB judges are brain surgeons. Any fucking idiot would be able to handle 99.9% of AFK issues. AFK = Away from the motherfucking keyboard. Gosh, this is out of pocket.

Genexwrecker

Post #60 by Genexwrecker » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:33 am

1.) that isnt what happened with kitty trouble there is a lot of details on that you dont have access to but they were not demoted for wanting to play pole position that is just factually incorrect.
2.) yea no I assure you there are several steps that go into an afk call its not just a simple "hello you here? 30s"

Return to “Serious Discussions”