Judges team ignoring reports

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
GayNProud

Judges team ignoring reports

Post #1 by GayNProud » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:53 am

I have made plenty of reports that I have not heard a follow-up for. This has been a constant issue for month. I recently reported a player [ (World ! Announcer) ] for a MASSIVE case of malicious stalling with multiple witnesses. No response yet.

Why do the judges keep ignoring the toxicity on the website?

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #2 by Jedx_EX » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:14 am

You see everyone? This doesn't just happen in Customs. For the players, the best thing to do is to ignore them. But for the judges, I don't really know.

Genexwrecker

Post #3 by Genexwrecker » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:15 am

Do you have any idea how many reports there are each day? its absurd. we get some done each day. hundreds of reports are filed each week. there have been over 2000 ban appeals filed and over 5000 abuse report and this number triples with all the stuff we merged together. with a team of like 3-5 judges that have the time to work on them.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

GayNProud

Post #4 by GayNProud » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:46 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:Do you have any idea how many reports there are each day? its absurd. we get some done each day. hundreds of reports are filed each week. there have been over 2000 ban appeals filed and over 5000 abuse report and this number triples with all the stuff we merged together. with a team of like 3-5 judges that have the time to work on them.

I feel you. The high amount of reports though is a direct reflection of the rules being a bit too weak. The ability for the players to feel verbally abusive, maliciously stall, etc without fear of much consequence beyond a far fetched 3-day freeze encourages such people to be nasty.

ominous

Post #5 by ominous » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:59 am

if this is happening to you HUNDREDS of times, its likely something to do with you, Are you joining rated without judges? That would be why. If youre not in rated, and reporting people, then youre not getting a response because it doesnt matter. If theyre going AFK in an unrated game, then leave the game, block them, move on.
Either way, sounds like a YOU problem.
Dont be stupid, Stupid.

DarkPhenix

Post #6 by DarkPhenix » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:07 am

The issue is that, since there are so many reports, and so few judges willing to do the grunt work of appeals and forums, a lot of them get ignored or responded to really late. They should have forums work as part of the Job description instead of forcing only the few judges who want to do all their job (the fun part (forums) and the really fun part (judging)). Just a suggestion.
RC-1, PC-1 Konami® Certified Judge

Genexwrecker

Post #7 by Genexwrecker » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:21 am

DarkPhenix wrote:The issue is that, since there are so many reports, and so few judges willing to do the grunt work of appeals and forums, a lot of them get ignored or responded to really late. They should have forums work as part of the Job description instead of forcing only the few judges who want to do all their job (the fun part (forums) and the really fun part (judging)). Just a suggestion.

It’s more of there are only a certain amount of judges capable of handling the reports properly me being one of them. It takes a lot more to handle reports than judging on the site.

DarkPhenix

Post #8 by DarkPhenix » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:44 pm

Well, I apologize for my woeful ignorance. Quality is better than quantity, though quantity is good too.

moonsamurai28
Mood:

Post #9 by moonsamurai28 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:29 am

ominous wrote:if this is happening to you HUNDREDS of times, its likely something to do with you, Are you joining rated without judges? That would be why. If youre not in rated, and reporting people, then youre not getting a response because it doesnt matter. If theyre going AFK in an unrated game, then leave the game, block them, move on.
If theyre going AFK in an unrated game, then leave the game, block them, move on.

This is the problem with player like you, ominus. you tell other who are dealing with issues in a unrated duel by saying "If they're going AFK in an unrated game, then leave the game, block them, move on. If they're going AFK in an unrated game, then leave the game, block them, move on." the problem is that player use these words just to avoid dealing with the issues and don't want to waste time with it. This is why some people quit yugioh and others doesn't play dueling book at all causes of players like you who don't get a damn about anyone else but playing the card game.
I’m evil to the core, what I shouldn’t do I will.

greg503

Post #10 by greg503 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:41 pm

Should unraed have a turn timer like Ygopro?
Buy Floowandereeze

PENMASTER

Post #11 by PENMASTER » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:05 pm

i mean the rules in alot of places are vague and there are a good amount of unwritten rules I've gone over the rules page a lot i think fixing that is a good step to take and being a bit tougher on people who do shit that would get them frozen
love2hate

DarkPhenix

Post #12 by DarkPhenix » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:34 am

The rules are explicit and clear. Make sure to read all of what is written! Thanks!

Genexwrecker

Post #13 by Genexwrecker » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:58 am

The rules page outlines every offense category. If you think an action might fall into one but aren’t sure just don’t do it. Every single penalty we issue is easily found on that page.

PENMASTER

Post #14 by PENMASTER » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:47 pm

I mean somehow harassment can be called literally saying once f you noob I mean you should call it something else cause that's not harassment and thing like slow play at the bottom is a bit vague and then there are the status rules which ya know are broken all the time not complaining about that I did overblown the vague thing a good bit but they don't post for the sake of posting I mean really can't really say what is or isn't like that cause we don't know what people are thinking when posting but my main thing is ya know dark cyborg and how an account different from his did something and both accounts on one computer got the punishment just using this as an example, not an alt phoenix calm down I mean you should put stuff like that there like anything one account one computer does all other accounts can receive the punishment as well and all other unsaid rules or punishments
love2hate

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #15 by Jedx_EX » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:34 pm

PENMASTER wrote:I mean somehow harassment can be called literally saying once f you noob I mean you should call it something else cause that's not harassment and thing like slow play at the bottom is a bit vague and then there are the status rules which ya know are broken all the time not complaining about that I did overblown the vague thing a good bit but they don't post for the sake of posting I mean really can't really say what is or isn't like that cause we don't know what people are thinking when posting but my main thing is ya know dark cyborg and how an account different from his did something and both accounts on one computer got the punishment just using this as an example, not an alt phoenix calm down I mean you should put stuff like that there like anything one account one computer does all other accounts can receive the punishment as well and all other unsaid rules or punishments

Those crybabies will find every excuse of what's considered harassment. Like the time I posted 2 links in the "Watcher's Chat", where the players don't pay attention too at all, while only asking 1 question to Neo_Fire_Sonic, who didn't paid much mind to me. Yet, when I made a topic with his replay, he now calls it harassment. And he blames me for what my friend did too, which was a pathetic attempt to lower my reputation, when I was new to this forums site. For me, I will only say that sarcastically (which some people don't get).

troglyte
Mood:

Post #16 by troglyte » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:56 pm

Jedx_EX wrote:
PENMASTER wrote:I mean somehow harassment can be called literally saying once f you noob I mean you should call it something else cause that's not harassment and thing like slow play at the bottom is a bit vague and then there are the status rules which ya know are broken all the time not complaining about that I did overblown the vague thing a good bit but they don't post for the sake of posting I mean really can't really say what is or isn't like that cause we don't know what people are thinking when posting but my main thing is ya know dark cyborg and how an account different from his did something and both accounts on one computer got the punishment just using this as an example, not an alt phoenix calm down I mean you should put stuff like that there like anything one account one computer does all other accounts can receive the punishment as well and all other unsaid rules or punishments

Those crybabies will find every excuse of what's considered harassment. Like the time I posted 2 links in the "Watcher's Chat", where the players don't pay attention too at all, while only asking 1 question to Neo_Fire_Sonic, who didn't paid much mind to me. Yet, when I made a topic with his replay, he now calls it harassment. And he blames me for what my friend did too, which was a pathetic attempt to lower my reputation, when I was new to this forums site. For me, I will only say that sarcastically (which some people don't get).

Dark Cyborg admitted to everything he did, but then completely abandoned his original arguments and tried to weasel his way out of punishment when it became clear people weren't going to cut him slack. Nothing was overblown about that situation.

Now Jedx_EX, I was originally going to give you a pass because you went the extra mile to apologize to Neo_Fire_Sonic and edit out any mention of him in your original post. After all, in your own words, "It's not about him, it's about me." ('how mature!' I thought). But seeing now that you've doubled down on this delusional narrative that Neo_Fire_Sonic tried to smear your non-existent reputation really shows how genuine that 'apology' was. You're basically accusing him of the exact thing that you're guilty of.

But I'm only saying this sarcastically, so no need to take any of this seriously.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #17 by Jedx_EX » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:12 pm

troglyte wrote:
Jedx_EX wrote:

Dark Cyborg admitted to everything he did, but then completely abandoned his original arguments and tried to weasel his way out of punishment when it became clear people weren't going to cut him slack. Nothing was overblown about that situation.

Now Jedx_EX, I was originally going to give you a pass because you went the extra mile to apologize to Neo_Fire_Sonic and edit out any mention of him in your original post. After all, in your own words, "It's not about him, it's about me." ('how mature!' I thought). But seeing now that you've doubled down on this delusional narrative that Neo_Fire_Sonic tried to smear your non-existent reputation really shows how genuine that 'apology' was. You're basically accusing him of the exact thing that you're guilty of.

But I'm only saying this sarcastically, so no need to take any of this seriously.

"Sarcasm - the use of irony to mock or convey contempt." - Google
(Was not sarcasm)
It was because you made a "parody" post to mock mine, as payback. After all that I did. I didn't believe you were gonna give me a pass, when 2 days ago, you were trying to get more people to look at my post by linking it in your profile, and in your own mockery post.
Last edited by Jedx_EX on Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Genexwrecker

Post #18 by Genexwrecker » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:38 pm

1.) if you call a judge and stall a game cause the opponent said “fuck you noob” once don’t go on the internet. In that scenario I wouldn’t even give any warnings but would issue slow play or a feeeze for stalling pending the situation for the player who called. And just ask them to proceed in a civil manner. Every time I see status rules broken I either warn the user or apply the appropriate freeze. As for the entire comp being comprised yes that is the purpose and that is not made blatantly clear to have as few people try to ban evade as possible. If you use dB from a public network and get frozen nobody can use dB on that network. Every single penalty issued is covered under the punishment table however we reserve the right to remove anyone from the site that we don’t think should be there. You would be shocked how many people get frozen go make a new account then message me saying “ hi I’m new and it says I’m frozen I have done nothing wrong”.

PENMASTER

Post #19 by PENMASTER » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:17 pm

i mean im just saying yall should really put that there to warn people cause maybe people wont do as much if there's a chance it could get their friends or families accounts punished and I'm shocked how many people say that aswell and changing the name of the harassment thing to fit the definition yall put there or the definition i agree with everything else
and I'm just now seeing the argument that started from my post
love2hate

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #20 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:27 pm

Jedx_EX wrote:I "bricked" super hard in customs, so I decided to stall maliciously, even though it was my choice to not activate any cards that I could have used in my hand.

Yugioh is pretty darn predictable but whatever, Image Can someone please enlighten me, where does this guy ask something "politely"? There is no question or asking of anything in here. Just someone stalling for zero reason. Even If I decided to "take the card back" like most people cheat and do, I could have still negated his dumb play with my equip spell "Persona - Arsene", and got the same result. Everything proves that he was being a sore loser for no reason. https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=320-25183140
b

Return to “Serious Discussions”