Ideas on Unique Unoficial Tournament.

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
KTeknis

Ideas on Unique Unoficial Tournament.

Post #1 by KTeknis » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:22 am

I saw that most of the Tournament in both Official and Unoficial tournament are just Normal Tournament, with the difference being mostly the cardpool (advanced, Goat, or rarely Customs) . Then one day CrystalMusic tried to host his own Beatdown Tournament, with him trying to enforce an unique rule that is simply just a game of comparing ATK and nothing else, that un(fortunately) fail miserably. It kinda made me wanted to make a Unique Tournament myself, but I'm not the kind of guy who can manages Tournament. So i just post my ideas here.

Limitation Tournament
In each round, the player must build a deck that conform a rule. The rule is immediately announced as soon as the round begin. As the round progress the rule are getting more restrictive. This is inspired by Yu-Gi-Oh 7 Trials to Glory's Limitation Tournament.
Example
First Round: Duel Link banlist style (You can only have 1 Limited card in your deck. You can only have 2 Semi-Limited card in your deck.)
Second Round: All monster in the deck must be of the same Attribute
Quarter Final: Level 1 and 2 monster are Banned
Semi Final: Trap Card are Banned
Final: Extra Deck Monster are Banned

Random Rule generator Tournament
Similar to the Limitation Tournament, several number of rules is imposed. But instead of limiting the cardpool, the rule affect the duel directly. Also the rule are diferent for each match instead of each round. As the round progress the rule more rule are being added. This is inspired by YgoProDeck Random Rule Generator (https://ygoprodeck.com/duel-challenges). I recommend adding your own rules to the mix as well as using some of the rules in that generator. I also recommend not adding rules that bans card.
Example
First and Second Round: 3 Rules
Quarter and Semi Final: 4 Rules
Final: 5 Rules.
Possible Rules (in addition to the one from the generator)
Dark Lair: During the End Phase: Special Summon as many "Torment Tokens" (Fiend/DARK/Level 3/ATK 1000/DEF 1000) as possible to the turn player's field in Defense Position, up to the number of monsters Tributed this turn.
Fusion Gate: Fusion Gate is always set as the field spell for both players. Players cannot activate field spell cards.
Duel, Standby!: the starting hand for both player is 6.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Return to “Serious Discussions”