Which Yu-Gi-Oh! series is Your favorite?

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
! Cinnamon
Mood:

Which Yu-Gi-Oh! series is Your favorite?

Post #1 by ! Cinnamon » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:42 am

List from the best to the worst (and the reason, if You will)

1.-DM - Not the best in accuracy to the TCG, but it's Yugi and Kaiba

2.-5Ds - Best protagonist in My opinion, and some awesome duels (the nordic gods, omg)

3.-VRAINS - Good protagonist, not much to say until now, Speed Duels remind me of Riding Duels

4.-GX/Zexal - Don't hate it, some duels are very good and nice to see, I like the characters a little bit

5.-ARC-V - Just . . . that fat kid . . .
Nothing is evil which is according to nature

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2 by Lil Oldman » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:59 am

1- VRains: Loved everyones deck and their characters (Even those AI that fight soulburner)
2- Zexal: Enjoyed it when I used to watch it in netflix.
4- GX: Watched the dubbed episodes on youtube and Enjoyed mostly the sartorius arc
3- DM: by default because I havent seen the rest, not my favorite to be honest
4- 5ds and Arc-V: Never watched them.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

KTeknis

Post #3 by KTeknis » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:44 am

Back with your rapid-fire posting huh? It's ok.

Tbh I don't watch the anime often, but I do like the 5D's.
I also like GX mainly because of Yugioh Tag-Force.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #4 by troglyte » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:51 am

Here are my rankings:
S: Season 0: this is yugioh in it's purest form. no over-commercialized tcg's to worry about. Not to mention, there is so much variety and depth with each shadow game. It's not a show bound by a formula that other installments have to deal with.
A: 5ds and GX: I put both of these together because they have some of the most beloved characters and monsters in the franchise. GX was also a very experimental time in the franchise's history. This is also where the duels themselves really hit their stride. There are some great duels from both of these shows.
B: DM: I put this lower mostly because of the duels. A lot of them are just...silly. The writers hadn't quite figured out how the rules were supposed to work, a fact very apparent in Duelist Kingdom. These problems are worked on throughout the show, but not fully until GX and 5ds.
Also B: Zexal: I haven't finished this one, but from what I saw, it was actually pretty good. XYZ is probably the most balanced mechanic in the entire franchise.
C: Arc V is basically the yugioh version of kingdom hearts. I do like how they give representation to every major mechanic throughout. Even Rituals get a few duels! And yes, Yuya sucks. Watch this show for literally anyone else. The story really sags in seasons 2 and 3. Can I also mention some of the music from the sub is breathtaking?
D: VRAINS: Despite it's low ranking, I actually really like the story for this one. A group of AI's struggling to coexist with humans is actually really compelling. But I only really remember 1 or 2 duels from this entire show. One of them was Naoki vs the Hanoi grunt, that was absolute gold.Cyberse and Link Summoning was a mistake. Links are a poor man's Synchro. I feel like if you just took out the yugioh part, this would be a genuinely engaging sci-fi story.

I'm not gonna rank Sevens because it's not finished. But it has Noodle Ninja Aliens. So naturally, it's S tier.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

DarkPhenix

Post #5 by DarkPhenix » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:53 pm

Duel Monsters is my favorite because the amount of cheating that occurs is simply hilarious

GX is my favorite because who knew a card game could be so emotionally touching.
RC-1, PC-1 Konami® Certified Judge

Razyeon
Mood:

Post #6 by Razyeon » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:08 pm

5Ds will always be my favourite. It came out when I was starting my junior year in highschool, a time during which I was actuallymore/less happy with my life, in spite of its many flaws. That series truly resonated with me in a way that no other peiece of media has done since (besides Portal 2.)

I thought ZeXal was awful at the time, but it's admittedly grown on me in recent years. Even tho' the Barian Onslaught arc was dreary and exhausting to watch, it atleast made me feel something at all. I was deeply depressed during that time, for other reasons.

GX is a mixed bag for me. The first two seasons, as we can all agree, were objectively weird. Seasons 3 & 4 were pretty good imo, albeit darker than F*&#%ck. The biggest flaw of GX was how none of the other characters got the screentime they deserved. I wanted to see Judai's friends succeed, especially Chazz and Syrus. While their respective storylines got closure in Season 4, it wasn't truly "satisfying". (altho' I must admit, Chazz beating Aster with OJAMA MFING YELLOW was rad as all hell.)

I have no connection with DM. If they ever decide to reboot it (here's hoping) I, like many other fans, want to see Joey win against Yami Marik.

ARC-V was bleh. It did nothing for me, not even the 5Ds fanservice. All it did was capture the weirdness of GX like the writers were trying to do (probably.) Also, Pendulums should not exist. They were too far ahead of their time.

Link VRAINS started out very promising, but when they had that change in directors during Season 1, I stopped caring. But I still watched the rest of it. Furthermore, part of me wanted to like Soulburner and his Salads monsters, but again, nothing.

Return to “Serious Discussions”