Judge set me to beginner status for silly reason

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
GayNProud

Judge set me to beginner status for silly reason

Post #1 by GayNProud » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:01 am

My first rant on the forum. Here goes:

So I have been playing this game for YEARS and plenty of rated games. Judge #3755 decides to set me to beginner status since I did not know that quick play spells could not be activated from facedown the turn they were set. All because my opponent was complaining that me not knowing this is a form of "stalling". How is that fair?

Even if knowing that quick play spells cannot be activated the turn they were set was basic, that does NOT warrant a judge to set a highly experienced/rated player into BEGINNER status for 3 days. I am not a beginner. The judge clearly did this to cave into my opponent's complaints that I am "stalling". The best players will often miss a ruling/rule here and there. How was I supposed to know it if I had not encountered this situation before? Think about it.

I have made a plethora of judge calls/abuse reports about obnoxious behaviors from players, intentional stalling, and simple ruling/rule disputes. I have never seen any of my opponents be set to "beginner" status over that. No wonder why the judges are getting flamed all over the Serious Discussions tab.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2 by Lil Oldman » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:08 am

Did you sent an appeal?
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Genexwrecker

Post #3 by Genexwrecker » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:18 am

a very very experienced player "not knowing how quickplay spells work" is a very very concerning thing regardless of how you look at it the situation displays a massive lack of basic game knowledge of the minimalistics required to play the game at an even reasonable pace or level. the situation you described to me honestly seems like trolling and im not sure beginner was the correct action to take here.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

GayNProud

Post #4 by GayNProud » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:04 am

Genexwrecker wrote:a very very experienced player "not knowing how quickplay spells work" is a very very concerning thing regardless of how you look at it the situation displays a massive lack of basic game knowledge of the minimalistics required to play the game at an even reasonable pace or level. the situation you described to me honestly seems like trolling and im not sure beginner was the correct action to take here.

The only thing I will comment on here is "seems like trolling". Is that how you judge?

By the way, I am not surprised you came rushing to your fellow judge's defense. You always do this on the forum, regardless of what the situation is. You NEVER hold the judges team accountable, even slightly.

GayNProud

Post #5 by GayNProud » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:06 am

Also, I spoke to another judge and they had the complete opposite take on the matter (aka agreeing with me.)

greg503

Post #6 by greg503 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:16 am

GayNProud wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:a very very experienced player "not knowing how quickplay spells work" is a very very concerning thing regardless of how you look at it the situation displays a massive lack of basic game knowledge of the minimalistics required to play the game at an even reasonable pace or level. the situation you described to me honestly seems like trolling and im not sure beginner was the correct action to take here.

The only thing I will comment on here is "seems like trolling". Is that how you judge?

By the way, I am not surprised you came rushing to your fellow judge's defense. You always do this on the forum, regardless of what the situation is. You NEVER hold the judges team accountable, even slightly.

I mean, higher level TCG judges have doubled down on a lower judges incorrect ruling before
I trust the judge team in general but lets be honest, sometimes mistakes are made
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #7 by Renji Asuka » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:45 pm

GayNProud wrote:

I mean, its literally a 3 day beginner status. The fact that you're so "experienced" THEN show you don't know how quickplay spell cards work? I'm sorry something here isn't adding up. If you're experienced in this game, you would know how they work.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

GayNProud

Post #8 by GayNProud » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:49 pm

UPDATE: I was granted my appeal. I didn't want to complain but not share the positive resolution from the judges team.

Genexwrecker: PLEASE pay attention to what the users are saying. Not everyone who complains is this website is in the wrong, and the judges are always right. Be realistic.

DarkPhenix

Post #9 by DarkPhenix » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:43 pm

Dude you were an experienced player who did not know such a core rule of the game? Seriously? You have 1500 experience, where I bet you have played many quick play spells and properly used them. I dont understand why you were not frozen tbh
RC-1, PC-1 Konami® Certified Judge

troglyte
Mood:

Post #10 by troglyte » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:56 pm

I'm glad to see that you finally took the time to read a rulebook.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

Genexwrecker

Post #11 by Genexwrecker » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:58 pm

GayNProud wrote:UPDATE: I was granted my appeal. I didn't want to complain but not share the positive resolution from the judges team.

Genexwrecker: PLEASE pay attention to what the users are saying. Not everyone who complains is this website is in the wrong, and the judges are always right. Be realistic.

for the record I replied to this thread with just the info you presented as to post an unbiased opinion on the subject from the viewpoint of the rest of the people who would read this. If you truely didnt know the mechanic perhaps it was good you had a day or 2 to refresh yourself tho 3 being overkill for sure. But this still looks like you could have been trolling. We discussed this at length in our judge chat and no matter the outcome what occurred in that game was not acceptable. Your time was also shortened as we figured you had the time you needed to refresh yourself already assuming that was the case giving you the benefit of the doubt here. The beginner status to refresh or a freeze for trolling was definitely warraned in your duel. THe judge did handle your situation correctly.

Genexwrecker

Post #12 by Genexwrecker » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:06 pm

DarkPhenix wrote:Dude you were an experienced player who did not know such a core rule of the game? Seriously? You have 1500 experience, where I bet you have played many quick play spells and properly used them. I dont understand why you were not frozen tbh
beause that is what the judge in the game determined would be the appropriate action here. either ruling would have been acceptable to me.

Return to “Serious Discussions”