The Problems of Duelingbook (DB)

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
d1234

Re: The Problems of Duelingbook (DB)

Post #41 by d1234 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:19 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
d1234 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:1- You are dark Cyborg, so you have been punished
1.1- Your signature
1.2- Dark Cyborg hardly ever posts (or never)
1.3- Dark Cyborg has only seen your profile, even though I initially side by his side.
2,3,4- Retroactiveness isnt just about the past problems, but to adapt, hence the use of it upon Dark Cyvorg.
5- If someone gets everyone banned in a network, it is everyone's fault on not preventing it.

Now if you allow me, lol

1- I am not Dark Cyborg
2,3,4- Put that in the rules then
5- this is false

2,3,4 they are.
5 prove it.

2,3,4- They are to some degree but are being used differently
5- Why should someone be punished for something someone else did
Remove Dark Cyborg from beginner.

greg503

Post #42 by greg503 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:15 am

Welcome back to another CM thr- oh wait
Buy Floowandereeze

moonsamurai28
Mood:

Post #43 by moonsamurai28 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:26 am

d1234 wrote:In several other forms I listed several things wrong with DB, here I will do a list of them all:

1. Trust
For this site to be successfull trust must exist between the judges and players, and because of the below that trust has been broken

2. Uncalled for punishment
To understand this, you must remember the point of punishment: to stop the problem from happening again. Punishment on this site then to be enforced ignoring this.

3. So-called rule-breaking
On this site things that are not on the rules are used in punishments

4. Over- punishment
Often times people are punished more than the written punishment

5. It’s byast against poor and elderly people
On avarage poorer people will live in apartments, and elderly will live in an old-folks home. In these places everyone uses the same internet, and in the rules it states: “anything that happens on your internet is your responsibility” and since they share inrpternet, that means that if one does something warranting a ban, everyone gets one.

I agree with you on this issues, d1234. the judge aren't doing their job right at all. That why so many players are getting away with rule-breaking when dueling in rated and unrated room. Even the judges are ignored the problem when it is being report on here. This is why some people are stop playing dueling books and some people who heard of this websites don't waste their time playing it at all cause they know that it is filled with toxic players on here.
I’m evil to the core, what I shouldn’t do I will.

d1234

Post #44 by d1234 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:59 pm

The rules are very poorly enforced as it is often the people who are not breaking the rules getting punished.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #45 by troglyte » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:10 pm

moonsamurai28 wrote:
d1234 wrote:In several other forms I listed several things wrong with DB, here I will do a list of them all:

1. Trust
For this site to be successfull trust must exist between the judges and players, and because of the below that trust has been broken

To understand this, you must remember the point of punishment: to stop the problem from happening again. Punishment on this site then to be enforced ignoring this.

4. Over- punishment

On avarage poorer people will live in apartments, and elderly will live in an old-folks home. In these places everyone uses the same internet, and in the rules it states: “anything that happens on your internet is your responsibility” and since they share inrpternet, that means that if one does something warranting a ban, everyone gets one.

I agree with you on this issues, d1234. the judge aren't doing their job right at all. That why so many players are getting away with rule-breaking when dueling in rated and unrated room. Even the judges are ignored the problem when it is being report on here. This is why some people are stop playing dueling books and some people who heard of this websites don't waste their time playing it at all cause they know that it is filled with toxic players on here.

This kind of behavior is exactly why the alt d1234 became a laughing stock. He would necro-post old threads about people getting banned and claim they supported his dumbass narrative, all the while completely ignoring the context and nuances of each thread.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

d1234

Post #46 by d1234 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:14 pm

troglyte wrote:
moonsamurai28 wrote:

1. Trust

4. Over- punishment

This kind of behavior is exactly why the alt d1234 became a laughing stock. He would necro-post old threads about people getting banned and claim they supported his dumbass narrative, all the while completely ignoring the context and nuances of each thread.

I have read through all the threads, before I posted and understand the nuances.
Also I choose threads that cumulatively form my argument.
Lastly, I only “necro post” on unresolved threads.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #47 by troglyte » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:15 pm

d1234 wrote:
troglyte wrote:
moonsamurai28 wrote:

I have read through all the threads, before I posted and understand the nuances.
Also I choose threads that cumulatively form my argument.
Lastly, I only “necro post” on unresolved threads.

I'm sure you do, Dark Cyborg.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

Runzy
Mood:

Post #48 by Runzy » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:18 pm

d1234 wrote:The rules are very poorly enforced as it is often the people who are not breaking the rules getting punished.

This seems like a massive cap.

Other than that we enforce the rules to the best of our ability and of course we aren't Nazis about it but we know when to clearly punish someone. Trust? I don't think trust will be there for those who mess up and get frozen as people will always think they are the victim no matter what. Honestly it's not hard not to be frozen.
DB Judge 20/09/2017. 21/11/2023 - Present.
Retired: 15/12/2021 & 26/12/2022
Konami RC-1 & PC-1 Certified (August 2017)
Konami DC-1 Certified (March 2019)

d1234

Post #49 by d1234 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:23 pm

Yes, this is an alt but not for Dark Cyborg.
This has already been stated.
This is an alt for d123, for goodness sake!!

d1234

Post #50 by d1234 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:25 pm

Runzy wrote:
d1234 wrote:The rules are very poorly enforced as it is often the people who are not breaking the rules getting punished.

Other than that we enforce the rules to the best of our ability and of course we aren't Nazis about it but we know when to clearly punish someone. Trust? I don't think trust will be there for those who mess up and get frozen as people will always think they are the victim no matter what. Honestly it's not hard not to be frozen.

If that is the best of your capabilities, how can your excuse for not having more judges be we need skilled judges.

greg503

Post #51 by greg503 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:18 pm

d1234 wrote:
Runzy wrote:

If that is the best of your capabilities, how can your excuse for not having more judges be we need skilled judges.

Need skilled judges.
Need more judges.
Unless we start doing a DB judge academy or whatever then we can only have 1 of these, so choose
Buy Floowandereeze

d1234

Post #52 by d1234 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:35 pm

greg503 wrote:
d1234 wrote:
Runzy wrote:This seems like a massive cap.

Need skilled judges.
Need more judges.
Unless we start doing a DB judge academy or whatever then we can only have 1 of these, so choose

I am saying that there only argument for net hiring more judges is skill so if that is their best then they are doing neither.
At least give one.

Return to “Serious Discussions”