The Problems of Duelingbook (DB)

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
d1234

The Problems of Duelingbook (DB)

Post #1 by d1234 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:36 pm

In several other forms I listed several things wrong with DB, here I will do a list of them all:

1. Trust
For this site to be successfull trust must exist between the judges and players, and because of the below that trust has been broken

2. Uncalled for punishment
To understand this, you must remember the point of punishment: to stop the problem from happening again. Punishment on this site then to be enforced ignoring this.

3. So-called rule-breaking
On this site things that are not on the rules are used in punishments

4. Over- punishment
Often times people are punished more than the written punishment

5. It’s byast against poor and elderly people
On avarage poorer people will live in apartments, and elderly will live in an old-folks home. In these places everyone uses the same internet, and in the rules it states: “anything that happens on your internet is your responsibility” and since they share inrpternet, that means that if one does something warranting a ban, everyone gets one.
Remove Dark Cyborg from beginner.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2 by Lil Oldman » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:44 pm

Lol
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

d1234

Post #3 by d1234 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:45 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:Lol

You are dissregarding so many important things. These posts are not for amusement; they are for justice

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #4 by Lil Oldman » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:50 pm

1- I trust them as much of us do, only the ones being punished do not trust them
2,3,4 - Thats what we call retroactiveness
5- Thats almost everywhere, everyone in 1 network is responsible for what they do in there.
There, now allow me to lol
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

greg503

Post #5 by greg503 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:58 pm

Fun fact, judges have had their administrative powers revoked when over-punish, so I don't worry too much about potential admin abuse.
Also, it's spelled bias/biased, you alt
Buy Floowandereeze

d1234

Post #6 by d1234 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:02 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:1- I trust them as much of us do, only the ones being punished do not trust them
5- Thats almost everywhere, everyone in 1 network is responsible for what they do in there.

1- I have never been punished by judge but I don’t trust them
2,3,4- rerroacrivenessmeansconsidering past problems, yet there are notes to allow this in some situations in the rules, and because of that it means that it doesn’t apply to other punishments.
Also may of these people have no malicious history
5- I don’t understand you pr point

troglyte
Mood:

Post #7 by troglyte » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:53 pm

My balls are clenched.

Also, hello Dark Cyborg. Yes, we ALL know this is your alt.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #8 by Lil Oldman » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:18 am

d1234 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:1- I trust them as much of us do, only the ones being punished do not trust them

2,3,4- rerroacrivenessmeansconsidering past problems, yet there are notes to allow this in some situations in the rules, and because of that it means that it doesn’t apply to other punishments.

1- You are dark Cyborg, so you have been punished
1.1- Your signature
1.2- Dark Cyborg hardly ever posts (or never)
1.3- Dark Cyborg has only seen your profile, even though I initially side by his side.
THESE ABOVE NO LONGER STAY TRUE, MY POINT OF VIEW HAS BEEN CLEARED, D1234 IT IS NOT DARK CYBORG.
2,3,4- Retroactiveness isnt just about the past problems, but to adapt, hence the use of it upon Dark Cyvorg.
5- If someone gets everyone banned in a network, it is everyone's fault on not preventing it.

Now if you allow me, lol
Last edited by Lil Oldman on Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mana

Post #9 by Mana » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:04 pm

Duelingbook's Judges are doing their best in treating everyone fair - You literally CANNOT get punished unless you do really fucked up things, and even then it is only a freeze for a few days. I actually feel like they let too much things up go through. If you get punished on this website, you 100% deserve it

greg503

Post #10 by greg503 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:25 pm

If the admins were the oppressive tyrants you want to paint them as, wouldn't they attempt to suppress your posts?
Buy Floowandereeze

DarkPhenix

Post #11 by DarkPhenix » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:04 pm

These posts are so repetitive. There is "blah blah blah" wrong with the site. The admins do "blah blah" wrong and are bad. Yawwwn. Next time when you shitpost, actually be creative or identify a real issue, rather then spouting a narrative that is both incorrect and boring.
RC-1, PC-1 Konami® Certified Judge

Genexwrecker

Post #12 by Genexwrecker » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:02 pm

If anything we are extremely lenient in our penalties we even lessened some of the days for some offenses a while back. It is also up to the judge to decide if a penalty requires a freeze gameloss ban etc. pending on the situation on even in a case that might be clean cut stalling to others pending on that situation a freeze may or may not be issued. Freezes are meant to help resolve an issue with a player if just sternly warning them isn’t enough. There have been several times where players acted inappropriately but neither were frozen by me and such behavior did not continue ever again. The purpose of the judge team is to make the site as user friendly as possible while weeding out issues that might get in the way of that. The rules as explained many times to you are not limited by examples of anything stated there of. We must use our judgment and well formed opinions of a situation to decide if an action performed by a player should fall under X rule if it is a big enough of a problem. 99% of players penalized are penalized because their actions were not appropriate for the site and the judge decided that to be the case. While there have been extremely rare cases of a judtt her e overstepping their boundaries those judges are always promptly removed. We can also make mistakes or misread a situation at times usually resulting in a freeze being lifted but even in those cases the actions of the player were still not acceptable regardless. People who get penalized always pull the “I did nothing wrong card” because it isn’t explicitly “listed” on the rules page. I assure you if you do inappropriate behavior not fit for the site it will be addressed. directly listed on the rules page or not. If we listed every possible thing we could penalize you for the rules would be a 300 page document.

If you don’t want to get penalized just follow these simple steps.

1.) behave like a human being
2.) be respectful or at the very least don’t be disrespectful
3.) don’t cheat

This is literally all I’m asking of you.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

PENMASTER

Post #13 by PENMASTER » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:45 pm

I mean one problem I have is the judges when people say something against them like the top post someone like darkphoenix acts like it's just complaining and goes blag blah blah I'm so sick of the judges that act like they are above anyone here one time he said I was spamming I just type fast and when I said I dint he said something like ill come back when this ridiculousness is over or something along those lines I just know he used the word like whenever someone says something its haha nice alt for so and so or stop complaining not actually addressing the issue but trying to say it don't matter
love2hate

d1234

Post #14 by d1234 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:09 pm

Mana wrote:Duelingbook's Judges are doing their best in treating everyone fair - You literally CANNOT get punished unless you do really fucked up things, and even then it is only a freeze for a few days. I actually feel like they let too much things up go through. If you get punished on this website, you 100% deserve it

This is not true

d1234

Post #15 by d1234 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:14 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:If anything we are extremely lenient in our penalties we even lessened some of the days for some offenses a while back. It is also up to the judge to decide if a penalty requires a freeze gameloss ban etc. pending on the situation on even in a case that might be clean cut stalling to others pending on that situation a freeze may or may not be issued. Freezes are meant to help resolve an issue with a player if just sternly warning them isn’t enough. There have been several times where players acted inappropriately but neither were frozen by me and such behavior did not continue ever again. The purpose of the judge team is to make the site as user friendly as possible while weeding out issues that might get in the way of that. The rules as explained many times to you are not limited by examples of anything stated there of. We must use our judgment and well formed opinions of a situation to decide if an action performed by a player should fall under X rule if it is a big enough of a problem. 99% of players penalized are penalized because their actions were not appropriate for the site and the judge decided that to be the case. While there have been extremely rare cases of a judtt her e overstepping their boundaries those judges are always promptly removed. We can also make mistakes or misread a situation at times usually resulting in a freeze being lifted but even in those cases the actions of the player were still not acceptable regardless. People who get penalized always pull the “I did nothing wrong card” because it isn’t explicitly “listed” on the rules page. I assure you if you do inappropriate behavior not fit for the site it will be addressed. directly listed on the rules page or not. If we listed every possible thing we could penalize you for the rules would be a 300 page document.

If you don’t want to get penalized just follow these simple steps.

1.) behave like a human being
2.) be respectful or at the very least don’t be disrespectful
3.) don’t cheat

This is literally all I’m asking of you.

If you want people to follow the rules ina 300 page document, wright a 300 page rule book.
Just thought I’d point out People do act like humans. Humans make mistakes

d1234

Post #16 by d1234 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:15 pm

DarkPhenix wrote:These posts are so repetitive. There is "blah blah blah" wrong with the site. The admins do "blah blah" wrong and are bad. Yawwwn. Next time when you shitpost, actually be creative or identify a real issue, rather then spouting a narrative that is both incorrect and boring.

I believe this thread to be neither incorrect or boring.

d1234

Post #17 by d1234 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:16 pm

troglyte wrote:My balls are clenched.

Also, hello Dark Cyborg. Yes, we ALL know this is your alt.

Actually, this is not an alt of Dark Cyborg’s

d1234

Post #18 by d1234 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:18 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
d1234 wrote:

1.1- Your signature
1.3- Dark Cyborg has only seen your profile, even though I initially side by his side.
2,3,4- Retroactiveness isnt just about the past problems, but to adapt, hence the use of it upon Dark Cyvorg.
5- If someone gets everyone banned in a network, it is everyone's fault on not preventing it.

Now if you allow me, lol

1- I am not Dark Cyborg
2,3,4- Put that in the rules then
5- this is false

d1234

Post #19 by d1234 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:21 pm

greg503 wrote:If the admins were the oppressive tyrants you want to paint them as, wouldn't they attempt to suppress your posts?

Does the originalthread being locked men any thing to you.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #20 by Lil Oldman » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:22 pm

d1234 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
d1234 wrote:1- I have never been punished by judge but I don’t trust them

1.1- Your signature

Now if you allow me, lol

1- I am not Dark Cyborg
2,3,4- Put that in the rules then
5- this is false

2,3,4 they are.
5 prove it.

Return to “Serious Discussions”