Duelingbook should stop muting people without notifying them.

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
Amr Khalid
Mood:

Duelingbook should stop muting people without notifying them.

Post #1 by Amr Khalid » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:46 pm

Getting muted means either: only your friends can see your posts and replies OR no one at all can see it

Players like "FatMotherFucc" got muted without being told why or how or for how long.

Not telling the players what they said or what was against the rules or for how long will not give them any knowledge on what they actually said before and will either accidentally do it again or make an alt account thinking it's just a bug and if they're caught it's most likely a ban for punishment evasion that no one told them about.

Instead of being straightforward to a player that you think what they said was against the rules and letting them chase their tails is an immature move no matter how you look at it.

It is true most people should watch what they say carefully, but if said muted player accidentally posted an above normal wall of text and got muted for it even if they didn't say anything wrong, they should be told "hey don't make long walls of posts please"

There's already a frozen punishment which actually notifies you and tells you what you did and for how long.

FBI.

Post #2 by FBI. » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:18 pm

agree
i got muted, and i don't even know if it's momentary, or permamnent
all judge i asked just ignore the question and log out

Genexwrecker

Post #3 by Genexwrecker » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:25 pm

This is not something up for discussion. There are very good reasons things are the way they are.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Amr Khalid
Mood:

Post #4 by Amr Khalid » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:31 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:This is not something up for discussion. There are very good reasons things are the way they are.

Not up for discussion on the forums and judges on DB say that they wont talk about it either, are you guys told to shut up by someone? there's absolutely no reason I shouldn't be able to discuss this

Debt

Post #5 by Debt » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:06 am

If I had to guess why people aren't told that they're muted it's because they'd just make a new account and start up again

Return to “Serious Discussions”