Dueling Ethics 101: No Response

Here you can have intellectually stimulating conversations.
Sound4

Re: Dueling Ethics 101: No Response

Post #61 by Sound4 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:07 pm

greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:DN never had a replay feature.

DB didn't get a replay feature til about 2 years into its life span.

You also cannot easily go through other player's replays (Only way I know how is to change the URL and I'm not going to go through millions of combinations to find those replays.)

Stop being a moron.

I am aware of that but it still doesn't change the fact that you have no proof of your claim. Plus if the people you talk of did get a game loss it would have ended the duel and you can look their at their replay and save it some where.

And your claims have had dismissed proof, so you're not in a better boat yourself.

I literally do have proof check in the other thread

greg503

Post #62 by greg503 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:23 pm

Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:I am aware of that but it still doesn't change the fact that you have no proof of your claim. Plus if the people you talk of did get a game loss it would have ended the duel and you can look their at their replay and save it some where.

And your claims have had dismissed proof, so you're not in a better boat yourself.

Invalid proof, but yes
Buy Floowandereeze

Sound4

Post #63 by Sound4 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:23 pm

greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:And your claims have had dismissed proof, so you're not in a better boat yourself.

Invalid proof, but yes

You couldn't debunk any of my points.

Renji Asuka

Post #64 by Renji Asuka » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:39 pm

Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:I literally do have proof check in the other thread

Invalid proof, but yes

Just because you refuse to believe you're in the wrong doesn't mean you weren't debunked.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

greg503

Post #65 by greg503 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:13 am

Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:I literally do have proof check in the other thread

Invalid proof, but yes

Yes, but the judges could, and did.
Buy Floowandereeze

Sound4

Post #66 by Sound4 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:45 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:Invalid proof, but yes

Just because you refuse to believe you're in the wrong doesn't mean you weren't debunked.

I replied to all of your posts.

Sound4

Post #67 by Sound4 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:46 am

greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:Invalid proof, but yes

Yes, but the judges could, and did.

I also replied to them as well.

greg503

Post #68 by greg503 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:58 pm

Replying is not, in and of itself, a valid argument.
Buy Floowandereeze

Sound4

Post #69 by Sound4 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:01 pm

greg503 wrote:Replying is not, in and of itself, a valid argument.

I had an answer to everything you said.

Renji Asuka

Post #70 by Renji Asuka » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:12 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:You couldn't debunk any of my points.

That isn't an argument.

You are in the wrong here. Even judges told you that you were wrong.

Replying is not an argument. You just go around in fucking circles because you won't accept that "Silence is not consent"

Also try telling that to any woman who never said yes or no to sex. See how far that gets you.

Sound4

Post #71 by Sound4 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:53 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Just because you refuse to believe you're in the wrong doesn't mean you weren't debunked.

That isn't an argument.

Replying is not an argument. You just go around in fucking circles because you won't accept that "Silence is not consent"

Also try telling that to any woman who never said yes or no to sex. See how far that gets you.

It means I had a reply to everything you said. I provided links and evidence to support my claims yet you couldn't.

greg503

Post #72 by greg503 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:21 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:I replied to all of your posts.

That isn't an argument.

It means I had a reply to everything you said. I provided links and evidence to support my claims yet you couldn't.

That's because the evidence that supports our claims and invalidates your evidence is logic, you are trying to say that DB rated is equivalent to a tournament and therefore your evidence is valid. But even staff like Genex agree that rated is not a tournament, so it's pointless.
Buy Floowandereeze

Sound4

Post #73 by Sound4 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:00 pm

greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:That isn't an argument.

That's because the evidence that supports our claims and invalidates your evidence is logic, you are trying to say that DB rated is equivalent to a tournament and therefore your evidence is valid. But even staff like Genex agree that rated is not a tournament, so it's pointless.

I never said DB rated is equivalent to a tournament. I am saying it is appropriate to use tournament rules as DB tries to copy irl as much as possible.

Renji Asuka

Post #74 by Renji Asuka » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:35 pm

Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:It means I had a reply to everything you said. I provided links and evidence to support my claims yet you couldn't.

I never said DB rated is equivalent to a tournament. I am saying it is appropriate to use tournament rules as DB tries to copy irl as much as possible.

You basically have when you're bringing up tournament rules. And even then they weren't concrete. Which I already broke down on how. Also playing irl doesn't mean it's always in a tournament setting.

greg503

Post #75 by greg503 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:55 pm

Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:It means I had a reply to everything you said. I provided links and evidence to support my claims yet you couldn't.

And that has been debated. We aren't using those as a guideline for DB rated, so stop trying.
Buy Floowandereeze

troglyte
Mood:

Post #76 by troglyte » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:33 pm

As a side note, here are some reasons where a response wouldn't be needed.
1. When you have confirmed that the opponent doesn't have any responses
2. If your opponent has nothing set on the field nor cards in their hand.
3. If specific effects prevent the opponent from responding, such as Accesscode Talker.

Basically, it would be rude to ask for a response in these scenarios.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

greg503

Post #77 by greg503 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:39 pm

troglyte wrote:As a side note, here are some reasons where a response wouldn't be needed.
1. When you have confirmed that the opponent doesn't have any responses
2. If your opponent has nothing set on the field nor cards in their hand.
3. If specific effects prevent the opponent from responding, such as Accesscode Talker.

Basically, it would be rude to ask for a response in these scenarios.

Also, if you're using a third party app to voice chat with your opponent then you don't need to type as much (see Cimo's recent series')
Buy Floowandereeze

Sound4

Post #78 by Sound4 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:50 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:That's because the evidence that supports our claims and invalidates your evidence is logic, you are trying to say that DB rated is equivalent to a tournament and therefore your evidence is valid. But even staff like Genex agree that rated is not a tournament, so it's pointless.

You basically have when you're bringing up tournament rules. And even then they weren't concrete. Which I already broke down on how. Also playing irl doesn't mean it's always in a tournament setting.

DB tries to copy irl as much as possible so it is appropriate to use tournament rules especially when behaviour that is not tolerated on DB is taken seriously like in a tournament.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #79 by troglyte » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:56 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:I never said DB rated is equivalent to a tournament. I am saying it is appropriate to use tournament rules as DB tries to copy irl as much as possible.

DB tries to copy irl as much as possible so it is appropriate to use tournament rules especially when behaviour that is not tolerated on DB is taken seriously like in a tournament.

A great example of behavior not tolerated at the tournament level is actively preventing your opponent from responding.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

Renji Asuka

Post #80 by Renji Asuka » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:16 am

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:I never said DB rated is equivalent to a tournament. I am saying it is appropriate to use tournament rules as DB tries to copy irl as much as possible.

No it isn't "appropriate to use tournament rules as Tournaments take a lot of amount of time and needs to be finished at a reasonable pace.

Playing in Rated is not the same as a tournament.

You do not have an argument.

Return to “Serious Discussions”