My Opinion On The Ban List

Got some predictions for the next F/L list? You can discuss all about them in here.
Debt

Re: My Opinion On The Ban List

Post #21 by Debt » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:07 pm

Here's a better way of putting it. If you cannot defend your opinion and your opinion cannot stand up to scrutiny then there's no reason to continue holding that opinion. And nothing you've aired out in public holds up to scrutiny nor have you shown any ability to defend them.

| Hanverid |
Mood:

Post #22 by | Hanverid | » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:08 pm

Renji Asuka wrote: No, having an opinion isn't a right. You can't have an opinion, if you can't argue for it. But considering you can't do that, you don't have an opinion.

Why is the people of this forum smarter than the people of the site? (Duelingbook.com) this forum rocks.
Fire whoever designed that bottle. KaibaCorp's products shouldn't bend so easily.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #23 by CrystalMusic » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:12 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:If you cannot create an argument for your opinion, you don't deserve to have an opinion and what you think is an opinion isn't an opinion.

Umm everyone has the RIGHT to an opinion and the RIGHT to voice it. If you need to create an argument over ones opinion that just proves you cannot either:
A: understand ones opinion
B: respect ones opinion
C: Respect ones right to voice their opinion
or
D: your just arrogant

No, having an opinion isn't a right. You can't have an opinion, if you can't argue for it. But considering you can't do that, you don't have an opinion.

In what F'd up world do you live in that an opinion isnt a right??? In what world do you live in that speaking ones mind isnt allowed???
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

| Hanverid |
Mood:

Post #24 by | Hanverid | » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:14 pm

He didn't wrote you can't have an oppinion, what he wrote was:

Code: Select all

You can't have an opinion, if you can't argue for it.
Fire whoever designed that bottle. KaibaCorp's products shouldn't bend so easily.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #25 by CrystalMusic » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:21 pm

| Hanverid | wrote:He didn't wrote you can't have an oppinion, what he wrote was:

well excuse me for living in america where the brave men and women of the US Armed Forces fight for my countries freedom. They provide me (and the rest of the country) the freedom of speech and right to voice myself any way i want to whom i want with no repercussions!
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Renji Asuka

Post #26 by Renji Asuka » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:58 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
| Hanverid | wrote:He didn't wrote you can't have an oppinion, what he wrote was:

well excuse me for living in america where the brave men and women of the US Armed Forces fight for my countries freedom. They provide me (and the rest of the country) the freedom of speech and right to voice myself any way i want to whom i want with no repercussions!

Freedom of Speech isn't the right to have an opinion.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

DuskWill

Post #27 by DuskWill » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:32 pm

As Patrick Stokes once said (http://theconversation.com/no-youre-not ... inion-9978):

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to what you can argue for. [...] if ‘entitled to an opinion’ means ‘entitled to have your views treated as serious candidates for the truth’ then it’s pretty clearly false.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

Riko Shugi

Post #28 by Riko Shugi » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:06 am

CrystalMusic wrote:just remember i was voicing my opinion here, not facts.

also IDC about the "Combos" one can make with said card(s). im talking about the card in general.

Were you "voicing your opinion" when I used Horus and you gave up and threatened to have me banned because "You surrendered" and I hit the coin flip button? Thinking you're king shit around here? Any opinion you have should be deleted from the forum.

greg503

Post #29 by greg503 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:35 am

You've clearly spent enough time making custom cards to forget what real cards do and why they are banned/limited to begin with. You clearly want a format like 2003 where there were normally only a few actions performed per turn. Get with the times and embrace the power cards and handtraps
Buy Floowandereeze

james123
Mood:

Post #30 by james123 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:20 am

CrystalMusic wrote:https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=5106982

Key:
Main Deck & Extradeck: Number of copies of the same card determines its limit
Side Deck: Ban

Im aware and prepared for the amount of hate, negativity, and arguments this is going to get, and you know what? IDC. I have my reasons and rights to my opinion as does anyone else about what the ban list should be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0jhMPbpeIY It does look like shit

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #31 by CrystalMusic » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:06 am

james123 wrote:

Key:

Im aware and prepared for the amount of hate, negativity, and arguments this is going to get, and you know what? IDC. I have my reasons and rights to my opinion as does anyone else about what the ban list should be.

so u looked in a mirror???

james123
Mood:

Post #32 by james123 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:00 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
james123 wrote:

Key:

No I looked at the Ban list, What are you? Some kind of Idiot

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #33 by CrystalMusic » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:23 am

james123 wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
james123 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0jhMPbpeIY It does look like shit

says the one who missed the joke!

Christen57

Post #34 by Christen57 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:19 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

Not siding with or defending Crystal here, but he's technically right.

Renji Asuka

Post #35 by Renji Asuka » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:15 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

You only have the right to an opinion if you can argue for said opinion.

DuskWill

Post #36 by DuskWill » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:36 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

I'm going to have to quote my previous quote here:
DuskWill wrote:As Patrick Stokes once said (https://theconversation.com/no-youre-no ... inion-9978):

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to what you can argue for. [...] if ‘entitled to an opinion’ means ‘entitled to have your views treated as serious candidates for the truth’ then it’s pretty clearly false.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #37 by LightCaster » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:38 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
james123 wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

says the one who missed the joke!

You're still on this? You don't even know when cards appear in the anime yet still want to argue the banlist and card balancing?

Before you can even voice an opinion you should understand that you are the very last person to talk about card balancing in any circumstance simply on the principal of your custom cards being several thousand recreations of the anime version of the Golden Castle of Stromberg.

d1234

Post #38 by d1234 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:04 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:
I can translate this. It says: "I lost any arguement to back up my reasoning so I'm leaving!"

an opinion is not an argument, so try again!

If you cannot create an argument for your opinion, you don't deserve to have an opinion and what you think is an opinion isn't an opinion.

EVERYONE deserves to have an opinion even if it is wrong.
Remove Dark Cyborg from beginner.

greg503

Post #39 by greg503 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:25 am

d1234 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

If you cannot create an argument for your opinion, you don't deserve to have an opinion and what you think is an opinion isn't an opinion.

Is it an opinion if you don't defend it from scrutiny? At least try to give reasons, even if they are bad or fallacious, at least that makes it something you care about. And people generally have opinions on things they care about. That's why I don't have an opinion about you
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #40 by Renji Asuka » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:09 am

d1234 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

It's not about an opinion being wrong, it's about being able to argue for said opinion, if you can't do that, you don't deserve to have an opinion.

Return to “Forbidden/Limited List Discussions”