November banlist wishlist

Got some predictions for the next F/L list? You can discuss all about them in here.
Full Cowling

November banlist wishlist

Post #1 by Full Cowling » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:20 pm

I've decided to share my opinion on certain cards that should become banned, limited, or semi-limited.
I'll try to keep this list and my reasons for these cards as unbiased as possible!
Discussion is welcome as I would like to hear other's opinions on my list, so without further ado...

- Master Peace, the True Dracoslaying king -Banned-
(It's one thing to being unable to be targeted by cards but to be unaffected by certain cards entirely is most definitely his strongest attribute. Removing him could give us some interesting variants of True Draco decks that actually use the Extra deck. Removing him will also discourage players on using easily abusable cards such as Monarch's Erupt.)

- SPYRAL Sleeper -Banned-
(While SPYRAL are weakened Sleeper can be a huge issue with his easy summoning requirements and the ability to pop any two cards on the field at whatever time with potentially no draw-back. SPYRALS should instead focus on bringing SPYRAL Super Agent names on the field as the main boss monster (Double Helix especially) then use SPYRAL Gear to strengthen him; also use SPYRAL Missions to recover their boards.)

- Psy-Framelord Omega -Limited-
(A very powerful card that recycles itself and any card you want from the grave to the deck, returns to any monster zone, almost always steals 1 card from your opponent, evades targeting and board wipes, and has a strong 2800 atk. Limiting this will make way for more Synchro variety while keeping Psy-frames relevant.)

- Trickstar Lycoris -Limited-
(This will prevent turn 1 OTK burns. She's also easily retrievable from the grave so it won't hurt the trickstars too much and they'll have to start relying a bit more on the link monsters as they are supposed the be the boss monster(s). Will also lessen the abusiblity of her special summon.)

- Scapegoat -Limited-
(Scapegoat is an extremely versatile card that can be used to mitigate damage or go into an easy Link -4 play. In my opinion it is a very potent card and should be limited to 1 to make people consider whether it's worth putting it in their deck)

- Evenly Matched -Limited-
(It was either Limited or Banned for this card but I decided to choose limited since it could easily be a dead draw if you have any sort of board whatsoever. Plus putting it to 1 will make people hesitant on whether to add it to their deck since you really only want to draw Evenly matched on your first turn.)

- Ash Blossom / Droll and Lock Bird -Limited-
(Both are used very highly in the meta and are almost constantly seen. Ash is basically a better Effect Veiler and for a good reason. Putting both of these hand traps to 1 will bring risk of bricking w/ them and promote some decks to run different cards.)

- El Shaddoll Construct / Elemental HERO Stratos -Limited- (Currently Banned)
(Construct will make Shaddolls a bit more meta relevant and lets them have an actual LIGHT target for shaddoll fusion, as they are without one. Multiple decks have essentially a card that resembles stratos. So putting him to one will give the HERO deck a bit more consistency as well as evening out the playing field.)

- Brilliant Fusion -Limited-
(A bit abusable. Essentially a free special summon and gives you an extra normal summon. Bringing this card to 1 will make your plays a bit more risky but still gives you the option to run it and bring out your LIGHT monsters.)

- Grinder Golem -Limited-
(I personally have never faced anyone that abuses Grinder Golem but after some consideration and watching a couple of games with this card I can say he would be better off Limited than banned. He can easily be bounced back to your hand but regardless you're still giving your opponent a 3k beater if you happen screw up. Even if your opponent would get a Firewall they would have to bounce it back to their hand and burn Firewall's effect leaving essentially a 2500 beater w/ summoning capabilities or otherwise they would have to deal with a 3k beater.)

- Card of Demise -Semi-limited-
(Usually not a big problem but when used in the right decks it can be very abusable. Reducing it a bit will restrain this.)

And that's my list. Thanks for reading and let me know your thoughts...!

Genexwrecker

Post #2 by Genexwrecker » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:44 am

Master peace Should be outright banned. However if master peace is banned all the other limited dracos can be back to 3 since The deck is pretty much blanced for the most part with mp gone aside from diagram.

Sleeper agent is not the problem. Yes it is a free pop 2 cards with last resort and has virtually no cost to summon it. But where does that zero cost come from? Quick fix either needs to be banned or double helix needs to go to one along with big red. Hitting those reduces the accuracy of resource dumping to the gy while allowing the deck to function with resort and master plan.

Omega should have been limited on the list before vrains. The card has no cost and essentially permanently removes 1-3 cards from your opp hand for absolutely no reason and does not eat up the extra monster zone. It should be limited or erratad to once per turn. Or just add "if you control a monster in the extra monster zone besides this card send this card to the gy."

TRickstar Lyvcoris. I'm sorry but the ocg did this right. You said she is easy to fetch from grave? guess what card does that? Yea Reincarnation to one and the deck is fine.

Scapegoad will likely need to be limited if not banned. Most likely it will get reprinted with cannot use them for link summons.

Evenly matched is a fucking broken card. It would be one thing to banish some cards but it banishes them face down which is for 99% decks permanent removal. And the only good counter to this is no longer viable. There is absolutely zero reason 1 card should make your opp go perma neg 2-10 Just for playing the game properly. This card does nothing but promote poor play like evilswarm exciton knight. the only exception is exciton knight is actually fair when compared to this.

Ash blossom is a once per turn it is fine at 3. Droll on the other hand locks out every play for the entire turn. A one card shut out like that is not good for the game. A player should not lose simply because you opened droll. You can play around other hand traps and even maxx c becasue none of those outright prevent your turn.

Stratos will remain banned because #tcg heros suck forevermore

Construct can come back nobody cares and it cant impact anything. Most meta decks are immune to its effect anyway

Brilliant is just an engine it will likely suffer like terrortop so to one it goes

unlike scapegoat grinder needs to be outright banned since grinder does not need to wait a turn

Card of demise is a costless plus 2 this and pot should both be at zero
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Return to “Forbidden/Limited List Discussions”