Pot of Desires?

Got some predictions for the next F/L list? You can discuss all about them in here.
Dunkel

Pot of Desires?

Post #1 by Dunkel » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:35 am

Literally all non-SPYRAL decks that are part of meta are playing 2-3 Desires and its really showing how staple it is in all decks. Since its such a generic draw card a Pot of Greed for mst decks, does anyone else think it will EVENTUALLY in the future get hit?

Februarys
Mood:

Post #2 by Februarys » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:36 am

No. Because you can literally lose to your own Pot Of Desires. If they limit the cards in top decks, the pot of desires can't be ran as effectively.

Plus, ash blossom just shits on it.
Resource Judge 3234
Lover Of Rituals & Synchros

chaseer

Post #3 by chaseer » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:55 pm

I doubt it.

Plus, there's the risk factor that you have to consider. While its true that you can get a pretty good +1 from it, you're banishing 1/4 of your entire Main Deck, assuming you're running a 40-card deck. There's always a risk of having your pieces locked out for good unless you have Omega.

I feel that the risks outweigh the justification to ban it. While I personally don't run it, most people still would.

Also, good luck if your Desires is Ash'ed.
DB username: chaseer
Blizzard ID: Elkaz#1410

"First, seek the counsel of the Lord."

Full Cowling

Post #4 by Full Cowling » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:42 pm

It's mainly a Risk vs Reward card.

While the chances of banishing all copies of your main cards are low it's still a possibility and has happened before.

Not to mention Ash Blossom can negate the draw effect and you're stuck w/ 10 banished cards and a card out of the hand.
It's also possible to deck out since you're essentially banishing 25% of your deck (assuming it's 40 cards) for potentially a bad draw 2 that does nothing to help.
**Especially if you draw a Pot of Desires off a Pot of Desires and you're forced to either banish another 10 cards (50% now) which have a greater chance of banishing all your important cards or deal with a dead card and basically banished the last 10 for
a gross version of Upstart Goblin.

(And if you're running three and draw both your Pot of Desires off of it... gg.)

Bystander

Post #5 by Bystander » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:54 pm

Yes it is high risk/high reward. IMO it is not worth running in a 40 card deck.

You lose 1/3 when you use it, people forget you draw 5 cards at the start of the duel (35-10 = 25). It is a -12 for deck maintenance. All this for a +1, I much rather have Pot of Greed back at 1 than use this shit.

I have heard the arguement you can get to cards that aren't searchable, like Raigeki. But you also run the chance of banishing those cards you are searching. I have seen people use this in low monster count decks and wind up losing their entire monster line up to it. Draw into another desires and you pretty much have lost.

~ P O L A R I S ~

Post #6 by ~ P O L A R I S ~ » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:52 am

Bystander wrote:Yes it is high risk/high reward. IMO it is not worth running in a 40 card deck.

But people do and win big, a lot. Pendulum Magicians in particular should run this card, at 3.

Bystander

Post #7 by Bystander » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:48 pm

~ P O L A R I S ~ wrote:
Bystander wrote:Yes it is high risk/high reward. IMO it is not worth running in a 40 card deck.

But people do and win big, a lot. Pendulum Magicians in particular should run this card, at 3.

I have seen the other side of that coin far more often than not. With the amount of search power Pendulum Magicians has in that deck, Desires is not needed.

Return to “Forbidden/Limited List Discussions”