TCG Ban List Prediction

Got some predictions for the next F/L list? You can discuss all about them in here.
IljaRogosin

TCG Ban List Prediction

Post #1 by IljaRogosin » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:55 pm

Forbidden:
Isolde, Two Tales of the Noble Knights/Summon Sorceress - Those 2 Cards enable the Rhongomnyad "FTK" and hitting one of those would it make much more less consistent and would kill the Deck probably (almost). Also would stop those crazy Combos with just 2 random Warriors on board.
Soul Charge - This Card is way too good and I honestly do not understand how it is not banned yet. Just another really unhealthy Card for this game./ Hit for Dangers as well
Grinder Golem - With the release of Security Dragon it would enable too much with just 1 Card. In Addition would enervate the Danger! FTK.

Limited:
Sky Striker Mobilize Engage/ Sky Striker Ace Kagari - Sky Striker been around for too long time now and it's time to make the deck weaker.(Would be still playable with one of those Cards being limited, but would be a balanced deck, which can't abuse Engage twice per turn every turn.)
Sky Striker Mecha Modules - Multirole - Another important hit too weakness Sky Striker, Multirole makes the Deck so good and enable endless Grind Gaming.
Altergeist Multifaker - Summoning Multifaker every turn is just too good, also Altergeist survived too long already without getting a hit.
Gold Sarcophargus- Makes Thunder Dragons to easy comboing off with just one card
Shurit - Does nothing in OCG and would just make some Nekroz Players happy.
El Shaddoll Construct - TCG will never get this back probably, but we can hope.

Semi-Limited
Performage Damage Juggler - Would not change a lot.
Emergency Teleport - Is worth a try

Unlimited:
Luster Pendulum
T.G. Hyper Librarian
Evilswarm Exciton Knight
Book of Moon
Wind Up Magician ----> Does anyone plays one of those lol?
Inzektor Hornet- Would be interesting

Thoughts?

james111

Post #2 by james111 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:12 pm

I FIXED IT!

Forbidden:
NONE!

Limited:
Gold Sarcophargus- Makes Thunder Dragons to easy comboing off with just one card

Semi-Limited

Unlimited:
El Shaddoll Construct
Firewall Dragon
Luster Pendulum
T.G. Hyper Librarian
Evilswarm Exciton Knight
Book of Moon

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #3 by __Blank__ » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:23 pm

I think you got way too much personal bias towards Sky Striker and your own frustrations of it affect your decision that 3+ cards need to be hit, when really the only hit it needs is Engage to 0. Stop the BS in the source, the main issue is with a decent NOT GOOD decent hand, you can play and resolve 3+ engages, with 2+ of those drawing a replacement card, and if that card is another copy of Engage, you in essence auto win.

Multirole is fine, it's not the issue, it's the toolbox that enables the deck, Engage should really have been released as a hard OPT or Kagari made to say you cannot activate card(s) with that name for the rest of the turn or something would slow it down alternatively.

I do not like the idea that you would rather hit Isolde and Summon Sorc, to prevent Rhongo, when you can just ban Rhongo or it's lesser. It's really annoying against going first, and going 2nd comes down to you being lucky enough to get a field to halt it, and then skillfully applying it.

I would hit Soul Charge, as that I can agree with, it enables Link Spam and contributes to *Pay 5000 yolo* which establishes a usually unbreakable board, no matter what deck is using it. This causes a health issue for the game *Soul charge wins games* so I would ban it.

Grinder Golem - I didn't get to test the deck, however I am curious why you wouldn't limit Slash Draw instead, to prevent this from occurring

Multifaker - I hate altergeist with a passion, I dislike how this one card gives you a toolbox of options and it can be proc'ed off your opponent's trap card, and further it doesn't need to directly respond, which means it can wait until the chain resolves, too OP.

Gold Sarcophagus - You use enabling TD as a reason, however all TD is helmit, and aren't a huge issue, anyone who helmits normally lacks true skill and get's beat with experience, so this limit seems unnecessary to me

Shurit - The game should focus on what is healthy for the game, and unlimit from that, as a personal belief, as such I disagree on this as "Focus on what we need, not want hyped users want". Also it was too insane back with tributing itself for any nekroz, especially trishula or valkyrus.

Shaddoll Construct - Won't get it back, too much mainstream Light Monsters, and let's face it "Fuse with it, you cannot respond nor can I, resolve the chain bro" is too OP alone in itself. At least with colossus it has to fuse with a Thunder/Thunder Dragon.

Damage Juggler would actually hit Prank-kids (Lamp), and any other effect that includes inflicting damage, further if it inflicts damage THEN does something else, juggler would prevent all THEN applications from being able to apply during resolution *lamp would not summon*.

Emergency Teleport - NO TO THE HELL NO - We already got 3 DD, add in Teleport and it becomes Kozmo Format again.... no thanks

Luster Pendulum - Are you high? This would enable way too much with comboing, and it would also focus more towards pendulum spam, while it would be healthy to see more pendulum themes as we have seen next to nothing for them as we have for fusions, I do not agree with this.

TG hyper - I know you are trolling, no comment.

Exciton Knight - Sure why not, I would still only run 1-2, unless I run pure LS / Fairy LS in which I will run 3 + 3 JD + 3 PD

Book of Moon - Finally something I agree with, yes to 3. If people want to complain we got Eclipse which is better for the TD Matchup as you set all their monsters, you can even follow up with dark hole / raigeki to destroy them after setting for benefits of bypassing protection.

Wind-Up Magician - Sure why not, wind up loop is dead, just keep zenmaity to 1, period.

Inzektor Hornet, doesn't do much in itself, just makes it so if 1 is dd/crow'ed you got another imo

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #4 by __Blank__ » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:24 pm

james111 wrote:I FIXED IT!

Forbidden:
NONE!

Limited:

Semi-Limited

Unlimited:
El Shaddoll Construct
Firewall Dragon
Luster Pendulum
T.G. Hyper Librarian
Evilswarm Exciton Knight
Book of Moon

I saw you sneak in Firewall Dragon ;)

IljaRogosin

Post #5 by IljaRogosin » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:46 pm

I like Firewall as a Card, errata it as a once per turn and I would love to see it back.
I am not frustrated with Sky Strikers, I just think it would be really healthy for the game if that deck would be unplayable. Just the way how sky striker works makes it impossible to beat it with the most decks

IljaRogosin

Post #6 by IljaRogosin » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:51 pm

Oh and what would be really really Healthy for the game and solve all our Problems would be maxx c to 3, but since its TCG and I wanted to made a prediction I did not wrote it down because this will never haha. I think the Problem is, Konami TCG takes making Money as an aspect for the banned list and how the game works, while OCG just focuses on the game itself.

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #7 by __Blank__ » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:55 pm

Komoney doesn't have people who give enough .....in the TCG while the OCG has people with brains.

TCG is passive
OCG is aggressive

How do I know? I played since LOB was released. When was that again?

You are frustrated, you didn't explain how mecha role would be a healthy hit (and if you tell me because set 2-3) that can only happen if engage ISNT hit, which it would be presuming my list of having it at 0 which is healthier for the game, and they have vector blast when can send them to the graveyard, to set them with mecha role, which is a nice replacement instead of a direct search, make it so role has to set them instead.

Maxx "C" to 3 is bad incarnate, bad players will RQ because they will SS out the ass, not have an unbreakable board or make a few mistakes having to ss more times for a control board / etc. This generation isn't as smart as 92 step inzektor guy was, and they have the IQ of running Toolbox esque decks, that are more or less autopilot.

Firewall I would rather not errata, they already ruined a good chunk of fun cards, especially Destiny Hero Disk Commander

Return to “Forbidden/Limited List Discussions”