TCG September 2018 banlist.

Got some predictions for the next F/L list? You can discuss all about them in here.
chaseer

TCG September 2018 banlist.

Post #1 by chaseer » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:40 am

Taken from here:
https://ygorganization.com/tcg-septembe ... ited-list/

Forbidden:
Samsara Lotus - Now this one, I'm curious. Perhaps the Plant Link FTK just won't die off just yet.
Knightmare Goblin - This one I kinda have to disagree a bit. I'm more inclined into hitting Gouki Rematch and Isolde to hurt the deck more, but nonetheless it should be fine.
M-X-Saber Invoker - Hurts Gouki turn 1 board.

Limited:
A-Assault Core - I'm kinda curious in why they hit this, but if its to control the spam potential, then that's fine.
Elemental HERO Stratos - #hypetrain After 4 years, Stratos is finally out of its Forbidden cage, but at the cost of having to Limit A HERO Lives.
Morphing Jar
Heavymetalfoes Electrumite - I am guessing that this is the final nail of the coffin to the Magician Pendulum deck.
PSY-Framlord Omega
Evilswarm Exciton Knight - With how easily you can recover even from a board wipe, I don't see why this card should stay banned.
A HERO Lives
Card Destruction
Sky Striker Mecha – Hornet Drones - I honestly don't agree with this. Engage should be hit instead of this.
Super Polymerization

Semi-Limited:
Kozmo Dark Destroyer
Called by the Grave
Limiter Removal
Scapegoat
Terraforming

No Longer Limited:
Apoqliphort Towers
Destiny HERO – Disk Commander
Burial from a Different Dimension
Ring of Destruction

They have some hits on the Gouki, namely Knightmare Goblin and M-X-Saber Invoked. While there are other viable hits like Isolde and probably (but not likely) Gouki Rematch, with the two gone, it will put an end to the turn 1 board establishment. They will still be a major force to reckon with, but for now, they have lost the speed needed to establish their board.

Overall, this is an alright list, except with the only hit on Hornet Drones. I do wish that Engage should've been hit as well to put a big dent on their consistencies.

Comment away!
DB username: chaseer
Blizzard ID: Elkaz#1410

"First, seek the counsel of the Lord."

Christen57

Post #2 by Christen57 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:31 pm

Alright, I shall give my own opinion on this banlist.

Forbidden:
Trif Gaming - They forgot to add his incompetent idiot to the forbidden list, as he was literally banned for 1 year :P https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD4ryHGpdpo
But all jokes aside...

Samsara Lotus - This one was a surprise. It looks like just a random hit that nobody was expected, but I guess it is used for some FTKs so it guess it is okay to ban this.
Knightmare Goblin - I was hoping all Knightmares, including iblee, would get banned for being too strong, but I guess even banning one Knightmare will be fine.
M-X-Saber Invoker - I would rather they hit isolde and leave this alone. Too many decks outside of Gouki can abuse it, such as Six Samurai and HEROs.

Limited:
A-Assault Core - I like this one, since I don't like ABCs in general.
Elemental HERO Stratos - I definetely like this one. Now HEROs can probably be viable in the meta. However I do not want this to be any higher than 1, since the OCG has both this and A Hero Lives higher and it is really scary.
Morphing Jar - I don't think even Danger Dark Worlds would play this since it is just too slow since you have to set it and wait for it to flip face up. It can sometimes mess up your opponents hand, but it is also just as likely to give them a better hand.
Heavymetalfoes Electrumite - I like this hit. I think Performapal Skullcrobat Joker could come back to 1 in order to compensate, as this feels like a big hit.
PSY-Framlord Omega - I would rather they ban it, but I suppose 1 is fine.
Evilswarm Exciton Knight - Now rank 4 decks can break boards with ease. I like this.
A HERO Lives - I also like this hit. I always hated A Hero Lives > Elemental Hero Shadow Mist > Mask Change > Masked Hero Dark Law.
Card Destruction - Danger! Support!
Sky Striker Mecha – Hornet Drones - I saw this one coming. People kept complaining about this card so much.
Super Polymerization - This card is probably fine at 1. I definetly don't want it to go any higher, because it is still very strong.

Semi-Limited:
Kozmo Dark Destroyer - I remember complaining, back on dueling network forums, about Kozmos being too overpowered, before a moderator deleted that thread, but not before Konami saw my thread and knew that limited Dark Destroyer was the right way to go. However, I still fear Kozmos even to this day, so I would rather this stay at 2.
Called by the Grave - Ehh, 2 copies is fine, but this hit also caught people by surprise.
Limiter Removal - Limiter Removal has finally removed it's "limit".
Scapegoat - 2 copies means you are less likely to draw this.
Terraforming - I would rather they hit some actually field spell cards instead of this, but I guess this was necessary.

No Longer Limited:
Apoqliphort Towers - Fine.
Destiny HERO – Disk Commander - It is garbage now, with the new errata.
Burial from a Different Dimension - Also fine.
Ring of Destruction - This would be fine even with the old errata anyways.

Cards that should have gotten hit as well:
Isolde Two Tales of the Noble Knights
Topologic Gumblar Dragon

Aside from that, I like this list too. It will just take some time to adjust. I also wish we had gotten a list sooner.

james111

Post #3 by james111 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:36 pm

Christen57 wrote:Alright, I shall give my own opinion on this banlist.

Forbidden:
Trif Gaming - They forgot to add his incompetent idiot to the forbidden list, as he was literally banned for 1 year :P https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD4ryHGpdpo
But all jokes aside...

Samsara Lotus - This one was a surprise. It looks like just a random hit that nobody was expected, but I guess it is used for some FTKs so it guess it is okay to ban this.
Knightmare Goblin - I was hoping all Knightmares, including iblee, would get banned for being too strong, but I guess even banning one Knightmare will be fine.
M-X-Saber Invoker - I would rather they hit isolde and leave this alone. Too many decks outside of Gouki can abuse it, such as Six Samurai and HEROs.

Limited:
A-Assault Core - I like this one, since I don't like ABCs in general.
Elemental HERO Stratos - I definetely like this one. Now HEROs can probably be viable in the meta. However I do not want this to be any higher than 1, since the OCG has both this and A Hero Lives higher and it is really scary.
Morphing Jar - I don't think even Danger Dark Worlds would play this since it is just too slow since you have to set it and wait for it to flip face up. It can sometimes mess up your opponents hand, but it is also just as likely to give them a better hand.
Heavymetalfoes Electrumite - I like this hit. I think Performapal Skullcrobat Joker could come back to 1 in order to compensate, as this feels like a big hit.
PSY-Framlord Omega - I would rather they ban it, but I suppose 1 is fine.
Evilswarm Exciton Knight - Now rank 4 decks can break boards with ease. I like this.
A HERO Lives - I also like this hit. I always hated A Hero Lives > Elemental Hero Shadow Mist > Mask Change > Masked Hero Dark Law.
Card Destruction - Danger! Support!
Sky Striker Mecha – Hornet Drones - I saw this one coming. People kept complaining about this card so much.
Super Polymerization - This card is probably fine at 1. I definetly don't want it to go any higher, because it is still very strong.

Semi-Limited:
Kozmo Dark Destroyer - I remember complaining, back on dueling network forums, about Kozmos being too overpowered, before a moderator deleted that thread, but not before Konami saw my thread and knew that limited Dark Destroyer was the right way to go. However, I still fear Kozmos even to this day, so I would rather this stay at 2.
Called by the Grave - Ehh, 2 copies is fine, but this hit also caught people by surprise.
Limiter Removal - Limiter Removal has finally removed it's "limit".
Scapegoat - 2 copies means you are less likely to draw this.
Terraforming - I would rather they hit some actually field spell cards instead of this, but I guess this was necessary.

No Longer Limited:
Apoqliphort Towers - Fine.
Destiny HERO – Disk Commander - It is garbage now, with the new errata.
Burial from a Different Dimension - Also fine.
Ring of Destruction - This would be fine even with the old errata anyways.

Cards that should have gotten hit as well:
Isolde Two Tales of the Noble Knights
Topologic Gumblar Dragon

Aside from that, I like this list too. It will just take some time to adjust. I also wish we had gotten a list sooner.

Here's my new Banlist Predictions for October viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3349

Return to “Forbidden/Limited List Discussions”