August/September 2018 Banlist Prediction

Got some predictions for the next F/L list? You can discuss all about them in here.
Christen57

August/September 2018 Banlist Prediction

Post #1 by Christen57 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:09 pm

Since Everyone is posting their Predictions on the banlist, both on this forum, as well as on Youtube, Reddit, YGOrganization, and Pojo forums, I might as well give my predictions.

Forbidden

Firewall Dragon
Reason; We all know that this causes loops and is being abused.

Knightmare Goblin
Reason; It leads to crazy nearly unbreakable boards and it very abusable. At least with Gem-Knight Seraphinite, you have to run potentially dead cards in your main deck, so that risk balances it out.

Number 86: Heroic Champion Rhongomyniad
Reason; Combines with Number 75 Bamboozling Gossip Shadow to get 6 or more XYZ materials.

Wind-Up Hunter
Reason; Causes hand loops even without Wind-Up Carrier Zenamity.

Droll & Lock Bird
Reason; Combines with Trickstar Reincarnation, Present Card, and/or Disturbance Strategy to wipe out your opponents hand.

Limited

El Shaddoll Construct
Reason; I believe the OCG has already taken this off their banlist.

Pot of Avarice
Reason; The OCG has also took this off their banlist.

Zoodiac Broadbull
Reason; I think Beast Warrior decks could use some support. Drident is already banned and Ratpier is at 1, so it is unlikely that Zoodiacs will be able to cause any problems, even with this at 1.

Tribe-Infecting Virus
Reason; The OCG took this off their banlist.

Evenly Matched
Reason; This card is pretty ridiculous when used during your end of the battle phase with no cards and your opponent has a bunch of cards on the field.

Elemental Hero Stratos
Reason; HEROs are barely doing anything in the meta.

Cyber Dragon Infinity
Reason; With Cyber Dragons on the rise, this card should be put to 1.

Semi-Limited

Inzektor Dragonfly
Reason; I believe the OCG has this at 3.

Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring
Reason; This hand trap is way too strong in the current meta. It needs to be toned down just a bit.

Book of Moon
Reason; Hardly anyone uses this card. I would actually want it to go back to 3, but 2 is fine.

Evigishki Gustkraken
Reason; I believe the OCG has this at 2 and Mind Augus at 3.

Dinomight Knight The True Dracofighter
Reason; I believe this card can go to 2 or 3, since Master Peace is banned and True King's Return is at 1.

Nekroz of Brionac
Reason; Nekroz is not doing anything, and I would like to see Nekroz do something.

SPYRAL Gear - Drone
Reason; I think limiting Quik-Fix and Resort is more than enough to put SPYRAL in check. Also the OCG has this at 2 and SPYRAL isn't doing much.

Solemn Warning
Reason; This card has been limited for too long, I think it can come back to 2 at least.

Symbol of Heritage
Reason; This equip spell card is pretty silly and old and irrelevant aside from a few gimmicky strategies. It requires you to have 3 of the same monsters in the graveyard to use.

Ritual Beast Ulti-Cannahawk
Reason; I believe the OCG has this at 3, and Ritual Beasts are barely doing anything in the meta.

Miscellaneousaurus
Reason; Dinosaurs are not doing enough to make this Limit-worthy. I think putting this to 2 is fine.

Monster Gate
Reason; I think Infernoids could probably take advantage of this, but aside from that, not many other decks can really take advantage of this. Also the OCG has this at 3.

Deep Sea Diva
Reason; I think Mermails need a little boost to compete in the current meta.

Divine Wind of Mist Valley
Reason; This card is irrelevant in the current meta. The only decks that I think could take advantage of this are Yosenjus and Shinobirds, but those decks are irrelevant. Also, Ancient Fairy Dragon is banned, which was the main problem, as you could search multiple copies of this, but not anymore.

Ether The Heavenly Monarch
Reason; I don't think Monarchs are doing much for this to be an issue.

No Longer On The List

Inzektor Hornet
Reason; I believe the OCG has this at 3.

Wall of Revealing Light
Reason; The OCG has this at 3 and hardly anyone plays it.

Soul Drain
Reason; This is a pretty powerful card against specific graveyard-based decks, but it isn't Limit-worthy.

Qliphort Scout
Reason; Qli is irrelevant right now.

Genex Ally Birdman
Reason; This monster is pretty irrelevant in the current meta. Sure, it does cause some silly loops with Koa'ki Meiru Doom, but those loops are inconsistent and barely work.

Evigishki Mind Augus
Reason; Seriously, when was the last time Gishki was relevant in the meta, especially since the OCG has this at 3?

Draco Face-Off
Reason; Draco Pendulums are irrelevant in the current meta. They were a huge thing, a year ago or so, but not now.

T.G. Hyper Librarian
Reason; This card has served its purpose in the Pre-Link Era, now it can come back to 3.

Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity
Reason; Just ban Wind-Up Hunter so that this can be played.

Wind-Up Magician
Reason; Wind-Ups are not relevant in the current meta.

Burial From A Different Dimension
Reason; The OCG has this at 3, especially since it requires too much setup to use properly.

Shurit, Strategiest of The Nekroz
Reason; The OCG has this at 3, and Nekroz is not doing anything in the meta.

Cards that others probably want hit, but I want to be left alone

Trickstar Reincarnation
Reason; Droll & Lock Bird is the main problem, not this.

Sky Striker Mecha Hornet Drones
Reason; I think other cards need to be addressed first before this. This card is not that powerful, it is just a one card token that is reusable with Kagari.

Sky Striker Mobilize Engage
Reason; I don't think any of the Sky Striker cards, except for maybe Widow Anchor, needs to get hit.

Gouki Suprex
Reason; Gouki is not the problem, the Firewall Dragon is.

Divine Sword Phoenix Blade
Reason; This is not the problem, the Knightmare monsters are. Those should be addressed first.

Scapegoat
Reason; This is pretty good if you resolve it during your opponent's end phase, but Borreload, Borrelguard, and Borrelsword are not that difficult to deal with. Also, you have to run extra Link Monsters in your extra deck such as Link Spider in order to utilize this card.

Isolde, Two Tales of The Noble Knights
Reason; I believe other cards need to be addressed first.

Predaplant Ophrys Scorpio
Reason; This requires you to run an otherwise dead card in your main deck. Same with Brilliant Fusion.

The Cannon Soldiers (Cannon and Toon Cannon Soldier)
Reason; I think Firewall Dragon, and some other cards need to be addressed first.

Number 42: Galaxy Tomahawk
Reason; Not every deck can make 2 Level 7 monsters easily, except for maybe Pendulums.

Soul Charge
Reason; This is fine at 1. Sure it can sometimes win you the game, but It is not too powerful. It is useful when you have the Life Points to pay, but useless when you don't, just Like all the other Life Point paying cards.

Khazar

Post #2 by Khazar » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:49 am

Christen57 wrote:Since Everyone is posting their Predictions on the banlist, both on this forum, as well as on Youtube, Reddit, YGOrganization, and Pojo forums, I might as well give my predictions.

Forbidden

Knightmare Goblin
Reason; It leads to crazy nearly unbreakable boards and it very abusable. At least with Gem-Knight Seraphinite, you have to run potentially dead cards in your main deck, so that risk balances it out.

Reason; Combines with Number 75 Bamboozling Gossip Shadow to get 6 or more XYZ materials.

Droll & Lock Bird
Reason; Combines with Trickstar Reincarnation, Present Card, and/or Disturbance Strategy to wipe out your opponents hand.

Limited

Zoodiac Broadbull
Reason; I think Beast Warrior decks could use some support. Drident is already banned and Ratpier is at 1, so it is unlikely that Zoodiacs will be able to cause any problems, even with this at 1.

Evenly Matched
Reason; This card is pretty ridiculous when used during your end of the battle phase with no cards and your opponent has a bunch of cards on the field.

Cyber Dragon Infinity

Semi-Limited

Reason; This hand trap is way too strong in the current meta. It needs to be toned down just a bit.

Evigishki Gustkraken

Nekroz of Brionac
Reason; Nekroz is not doing anything, and I would like to see Nekroz do something.

Miscellaneousaurus
Reason; Dinosaurs are not doing enough to make this Limit-worthy. I think putting this to 2 is fine.

No Longer On The List

T.G. Hyper Librarian
Reason; This card has served its purpose in the Pre-Link Era, now it can come back to 3.

Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity

Wind-Up Magician

Trickstar Reincarnation

Reason; I think other cards need to be addressed first before this. This card is not that powerful, it is just a one card token that is reusable with Kagari.

Soul Charge
Reason; This is fine at 1. Sure it can sometimes win you the game, but It is not too powerful. It is useful when you have the Life Points to pay, but useless when you don't, just Like all the other Life Point paying cards.

One of the worst posts I've ever read on this forum. Not only did you not give a prediction (it's actually a wishlist), but you didn't do a very good job explaining the decisions you got correct. The parts that I quoted are obviously what you got wrong.

Christen57

Post #3 by Christen57 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:44 pm

Khazar wrote:
Christen57 wrote:Since Everyone is posting their Predictions on the banlist, both on this forum, as well as on Youtube, Reddit, YGOrganization, and Pojo forums, I might as well give my predictions.

Forbidden

Knightmare Goblin

Droll & Lock Bird

Limited

Zoodiac Broadbull

Evenly Matched

Cyber Dragon Infinity

Semi-Limited

Evigishki Gustkraken

Nekroz of Brionac

Miscellaneousaurus

No Longer On The List

T.G. Hyper Librarian

Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity

Wind-Up Magician

Trickstar Reincarnation

Soul Charge

One of the worst posts I've ever read on this forum. Not only did you not give a prediction (it's actually a wishlist), but you didn't do a very good job explaining the decisions you got correct. The parts that I quoted are obviously what you got wrong.

Would you care to explain how exactly I am wrong? You can't just list a bunch of things and then say i'm wrong and not bother to give any sort of explanation.

Regarding what you quoted;

Knightmare Goblin - I would like either this or Knightmare Phoenix to get hit, since having a full field of co-linked Knightmare Cerberus + Goblin + Phoenix + Mermaid + Gryphon/Trigate Wizard makes a powerful board that is very hard to break without a Kaiju or something. And it can be done with just two cards in hand (Gouki and any other warrior monster) or with 1 card (Predaplant Orphys Scorpio or Lonefire Blossom to search the Predplant, and then overlay Scorpio and Darlingtonia for MX Saber Invoker to search Gouki Suprex).

Number 86: Heroic Champion Rhongomyniad - With Bamboozling Gossip Shadow, you can literally summon this with 5 or more XYZ materials off of a two card combo, similar to Gouki's. Also, i'm pretty sure that a 3000 ATK monster that is unaffected by everything, cannot be killed in battle, can wipe your board for free, prevents you from summoning monsters and even playing the game, AND can easily be summoned off of searchable Gouki monsters and/or Igknight monsters needs to be addressed on the banlist. Even Master Peace wasn't as powerful as this, and that was banned. At least with Master Peace, it was only unaffected by 2 out of the 3 card types, could only destroy 1 card per turn, did not restrict you from summoning monsters, and was not completely immune to getting killed in battle or tributed off for a Kaiju.

Droll & Lock Bird - I am pretty sure that my one sentence that I used to explain this was enough to show why I think this should get hit. Nobody likes getting their hand wiped off of a two/three card combo.

Zoodiac Broadbull - I am also pretty sure that my explanation for this was good enough. Having only 1 Broadbull and no drident/ratpier will keep Zoodiacs in check while still giving support to other Beast-Warrior decks such as Lunalights.

Evenly Matched - I am pretty sure this exists only to break ridiculous boards that people keep setting up, but this card itself is unhealthy and should be toned down.

Cyber Dragon Infinity - Either this or Cyber Dragon Nova should be toned down on the banlist. Cyber Dragons are on the rise and they are probably going to get out of control.

Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring - This is the most played card on Ygoscope, and it negates so many cards it the game. Why would it not needed to be toned down just a bit?

Brionac and Gustkraken - These ritual decks are barely doing anything in the OCG, even though some of the cards in those archetypes are higher in their banlist. This is especially true for Gishkis, as they are so old and irrelevant in the current meta. They have been powercrept by so many other archetypes.

Miscellaneousaurus - I would rather they limit either Oviraptor, Fossil Dig, or Ultimate Conductor Tyranno. This card requires some setup and is toned down with both Denglong and Lithosagym banned.

T.G. Hyper Librarian - When is the last time this was relevant? It was recently put to 2 and it isn't doing anything. It requires too much setup to use effectively.

Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity and Wind-Up Magician - I wanted Wind-Up Hunter banned so that these cards could come off the banlist. It doesn't need anymore complex of an explanation than that.

Shurit Strategist of The Nekroz - Like I said, this is at 3 in the OCG and they aren't doing anything.

Now, regarding the cards that I said I wanted left alone; Trickstar Reincarnation is annoying and stupid, I will admit. However, at least you get to draw a new hand. So this can either mess up your current hand or make your hand better, so you have to use it carefully. When you have Droll & Lock Bird, you do not get to draw a new hand, so then, it becomes a problem. If Droll & Lock Bird gets hit, you will be able to draw a new hand again and this won't be such a problem.
Sky Striker Mecha Hornet Drones is not that bad. Sure, it is ridiculous when it is being splashed into other random rogue decks, but the problem is that most people want this at 1. Putting it to 1 won't fix the problem and it should either be banned or left at 3. If a card is abusable even at 1 then you should either ban it or leave it at 3. It is not fair to limit cards that are still searchable and abusable even at 1.
Soul Charge is currently only a problem in Goukis and other combo-based decks that rely on spamming monsters. Also, like I said, it becomes useless when you don't have the life points to pay it, which is why not every single deck plays this. Some players are willing to risk it and that is fine, but not all players.

My prediction may seem more like a wishlist and it may not be 100% accurate, but that is besides the point. These are just what I think should get hit.
You also completely ignored the fact that some of these cards I listed are either at 2 or 3 in the OCG and they aren't doing anything. That should give you an idea that maybe that card may have been powerful in the past, but not anymore in the current meta.
I will ask this again: When is the last time that something like Hyper Librarian or Mind Augus was relevant in the meta? Probably months or years ago when those decks were dominating, but not anymore. We had Gladiator Beast Bestiari limited for years before being taken off the banlist. That is because Gladiator Beasts are not longer relevant and neither was that card. We can apply the same concept to other cards and archetypes that used to be powerful in the past, but are no longer relevant in the current meta.
And lastly, literally all you did was give some vague comment about me being wrong, list some things that you disagreed with, and didn't bother to provide any explanation, which is just lazy of you.

james111

Post #4 by james111 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:49 pm

I'm Fixing your Predictions

Forbidden:
Inzektor Hornet
Hornet Drones

Limited:
Knightmare Goblin
Pot of Avarice
Droll and Lock bird

Semi Limited:
Broadbull