The no-gooning format.

Got some predictions for the next F/L list? You can discuss all about them in here.
SkibidiHookah

The no-gooning format.

Post #1 by SkibidiHookah » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:39 pm

This is something I sincerely want to try to promote creativity and also just put a stop to the cultural zeitgeist of anime fans. Some of you have good ideas, but you're thinking too small. When Links first came-out basically relegating extra deck to one guy, people whined and complained, and they used the argument "well, why print cards if you need Links to specifically ramp?" Oh I don't know, why do you need lands in magic? But of course Konami just wants to make money, and make awful design choices. SO... rather than blaming one particular mechanic, I need you, to think about when Yugioh as a product, was first introduced to the West. Targeting boys who wanted to skip school and/or church, using cards of fricking tanks, dragons, cool animals, whatever. Than imagine Upperdeck had won it's legal-battle with Konami. Because Upper-deck was the lesser evil. There's no salvaging the "balance". You can't balance something like this. The math is just all wrong. But you can make it ENJOYABLE, you can make it LESS CRINGE. And all you gotta do for that, is say "no gooning".

What is gooning or the lack thereof? Gooning isn't just a Yugioh problem. Infact, it's the vast majority of the sickness that spreads throughout Japanese card games. Cardfight Vanguard, Shadowverse, Magic would probably have gooning too if it understood how to goon. It kinda does with "woke", but falls flat, because noone wants to goon to that. Only be sheer luck, Magic ended up being the better game. Pokemon does have better mechanics and math behind it, which is how it survived because boy oh boy does it having gooning in those trainer cards. (Even some of the pokemon...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXFsWAkLoXQ
I think of this song when I think of my no-gooning format. Because I see guys like Farfa making fun of salty younger players saying no meta-sheep. But would they even care about the meta-sheep if there wasn't the eye-rolling waifu ace-monsters? Or the sex-offender registry hand-traps that really only work on rogue decks and not meta-sheep in and of themselves? So sing the song with me.
No more Dogmatika...
No more Traptrix...
No more Dragonmaids...
No more Marincess...

"But Hookah! Hand-traps are little loli girls with their feet pics and lifting up their skirts! It'll just be the first player wins!"
Will it? Because without gooning, it's actually really hard to get those extenders out.
No more Wind-Witch...
No more Dark-Magician Girl...
No more Harpies...
"Hookah, you are a genius. But as a female player, what about when I flick my pea to Nekroz or True-Draco?"
I may introduce a limited/semi-limited list for what I dub the femboy clause. Effect Veiler immediately came to mind.

Slitina

Post #2 by Slitina » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:44 pm

Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

Christen57

Post #3 by Christen57 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:59 pm

What does the term gooning mean though? All you said was that it was some sort of... "sickness" but you never actually defined the term.

Fredblade
Mood:

Post #4 by Fredblade » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:14 pm

Christen57 wrote:What does the term gooning mean though? All you said was that it was some sort of... "sickness" but you never actually defined the term.

Just look it up at urban dictionary

Renji Asuka

Post #5 by Renji Asuka » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:44 am

Christen57 wrote:What does the term gooning mean though? All you said was that it was some sort of... "sickness" but you never actually defined the term.

If you have to ask that particular question, you're not old enough to know.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

SkibidiHookah

Post #6 by SkibidiHookah » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:03 am

Renji Asuka wrote:

If you have to ask that particular question, you're not old enough to know.

Return to “Forbidden/Limited List Discussions”