My List of Monsters that should come off the banlist

Got some predictions for the next F/L list? You can discuss all about them in here.
Christen57

My List of Monsters that should come off the banlist

Post #1 by Christen57 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:30 pm

I will make a list for spells and traps later on but here is a list of monster cards that should come off the banlist.

Here is my list of cards that should come off the banlist I will be showing a picture of the card followed by a reason as to why it should come off the banlist.

Qliphorts are pretty much dead now. Besides this card is unlimited in the OCG.

Infernity Archfiend is unlimited in the OCG and Infernities are not doing much in the current meta. Sure, they can pull off some crazy combos with Infernity Archfiend and Infernity Necromancer but that does not warrant this card being at 1.

Performage Plushfire can come off of the banlist. PePe decks are no longer relevant in the current meta.

Wind Up Magician can come off the banlist since it is already unlimited in the OCG and Wind Up decks are not relevant in the meta.

I have not seen anyone play Dark Armed Dragon in a long time now. I think this card can probably come back to 2 at least.

Mathematician can come off the banlist it is already unlimited in the OCG.

Genex Ally Birdman is limited to 1 because it combos with Koak'i Meiru Doom, allowing you to return infinite monsters to your hand to trigger cards like Divine Wind of Mist Valley to special summon infinite monsters from your deck. It also combos with Koak'i Meiru Doom and Gallis The Star Beast, to inflict infinite burn damage to your opponent for a possible FTK.
I think there is no point in limiting Genex Ally Birdman to 1 since you can still do some infinite loops even with 1 copy. This monster should either be banned, or just taken off the banlist. I think it should come off because those infinite loops are inconsistent and require you to open up with specific cards in your opening hand and is slow for the current meta.

Inzektors are not doing anything in the current meta. Inzektor Hornet and Inzektor Dragonfly are both unlimited in the OCG and even then, Inzektor are not doing anything. This card can come off the banlist.

Graff Malebranche Of The Burning Abyss allows you to special summon a burning abyss monster from your deck when it is sent to the graveyard once per turn. This monster should come off the banlist because burning abyss is not doing anything in the current meta with the new link rules.

This card is too slow for the current meta so it should come off the banlist and it is already unlimited in the OCG.

I think Dandylion should come off the banlist. It is a little too slow for the current meta. It gives you tokens when it hits the graveyard so you can link summon, but even then, it is not overpowered by any means.

The Gishki archetype is one of my favorite Ritual based archetypes. Evigishki Mind Augus lets you recycle cards in your graveyard and it also recycles cards in your opponents graveyard. It is a flexible card and if you opponent has a card like Plaguespreader Zombie in their graveyard, you can use this to put it back in their deck so they cannot use it. This card is not overpowered and does not deserve to be at 1. It is unlimited in the OCG since Gishki decks are not doing anything in the current meta, so this can come off the banlist and so can Evigishki Gust Kraken.

Nekroz is not doing anything in the meta with Unicore limited and Shurit Banned, so this monster can come off the banlist so Nekroz can get stronger again.

Ritual Beasts are not doing anything in the meta. Sure, they did get top 8 at a national before but that was a long time ago. This is also unlimited in the OCG.

Kaiza
Mood:

Post #2 by Kaiza » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:18 pm

Burning Abyss is getting a Link monster soon, and for a long time there was a real shortage of answers to BA up until Graff, Cir, and Beatrice went to 1. I don't want it at 2 or more just yet, I'd rather return Tour Guide to 2 first.

Dark Armed Dragon DID go to 2 in OCG at one point...then went straight back to 1!

And you want Plushfire at 3 while Luster Pendulum is at 2?

Rest is fine

AnimeMasterDub

Post #3 by AnimeMasterDub » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:23 pm

what about super polymerization?

Genexwrecker

Post #4 by Genexwrecker » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:33 am

Birdman, gustkraken, and cannahawk cause loops. the rest can go to 3 and i wont care.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Yang Xiao Long

Post #5 by Yang Xiao Long » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:45 am

Genexwrecker wrote:Birdman, gustkraken, and cannahawk cause loops. the rest can go to 3 and i wont care.

This^ Also dandylion should stay at 1. firewall can loop and combo with that in nasty ways
Hashira | Tournament Organizer | Tournament Champion
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Genexwrecker

Post #6 by Genexwrecker » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:03 am

Fire wall will be limited at some point for the tcg only list. pretty sure dandy will go up soon even regardless of fire wall.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Bystander

Post #7 by Bystander » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:05 pm

Even with Graff having a once per turn effect we are getting a BA link next year. It isn't coming off.

Mathmatcian is back @2. I can see it coming off the list next list.

Dandy is not going to come back off the list. Too many cards can abuse the hell out of it. With Links that still can use the tokens it generates, and potentially make synchro engines great again not a good idea. Gofu will be joining it soon too.

No one wants nekroz to come back, or get stronger. Keep Brionac where it is at.

Archfiend @2 is asking for trouble with all those loops around this is a no.

I can see Firewall being limited by the end of next year. I think we just may need a 1 or two more core sets plus the Vrains set to be released here in the TCG.

chaseer

Post #8 by chaseer » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:11 am

Graff.... no. We are getting a BA Link Monster soon, and having it released from the list will only make a resurgence on BA, which is the last thing we need. So no.

Mathematician is already back at 2, and at this point, it can safely go to 3 since it is a slow card.

Birdman, Gutskraken, Cannahawk, and Dandylion are infamous for causing loops. Especially with Firewall Dragon. So no.

Plushfire.... just no. We do not want to relive the horrors of the Tier 0 PePe decks, thank you.

Infernity Archfiend is a notorious no OPT search card, and the last thing we need is a resurgence on an Infernity deck Link-style.

The rest are okay.
DB username: chaseer
Blizzard ID: Elkaz#1410

"First, seek the counsel of the Lord."

Full Cowling

Post #9 by Full Cowling » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:25 pm

All my opinions
-----------------------------------------------
Scout - Fine. Maybe just to 2.
Infernity Arch - A searcher who is not limited to once per turn. Sounds just like a certain card that was limited recently.
Plushfire - No thanks. Could even make magician decks even more consistent which isn't needed.
Wind-Up - Maybe.
Dark Armed - Don't forget he's essentially a mini Master Peace except for Dark monsters. I think he's fine where he is.
Mathematician - He's fine at two.
Birdman - He's fine where he is. Easily abusable.
Inzektor - Essentially a much faster Rocket Hand w/ less drawbacks. Maybe bump him up to 2.
Graff - New BA link coming in, he's fine at 1.
Mole - Maybe 2.
Dandylion - Fine where he is especially with the Link mechanic.
Mind Augus - Could be bumped to 2/3.
Gustkraken - It's fine at 1.
Nekroz Brio - He's fine at 1 since he can disrupt Links. Maybe 2.
Cannahawk - Fine at 1.

Matmasta
Mood:

Post #10 by Matmasta » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:18 pm

Holy shit it's Christen yo sorry I never unbanned you before I retired

Also vile post as always keep it up

Full Cowling

Post #11 by Full Cowling » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:03 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:what about super polymerization?

Super Poly + Invoked Deck.

No cards can negate the Invoked summons. If there's a link monster on the field you can send Aleister to GY then your opponent's monster to summon the Invoked, then use Invocation to special summon another using Aleister in the GY.

Keep it banned.

Christen57

Post #12 by Christen57 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:46 am

I am going to respond to a few people.

Kaiza wrote:Burning Abyss is getting a Link monster soon, and for a long time there was a real shortage of answers to BA up until Graff, Cir, and Beatrice went to 1. I don't want it at 2 or more just yet, I'd rather return Tour Guide to 2 first.

Dark Armed Dragon DID go to 2 in OCG at one point...then went straight back to 1!

And you want Plushfire at 3 while Luster Pendulum is at 2?

Rest is fine

Yeah I think I will change my mind about the Burning Abyss monsters. They all need to stay at 1. I thought they could come off but now Burning Abyss is getting a link monster so they will actually become meta.
I also probably agree that Dark Armed Dragon is going to stay at 1.
I do not think Performage Plushfire should stay banned because when it is destroyed it summons a Performage monster from the deck so it can open up some plays and it can combo with Luster Pendulum, but it cannot pull off the crazy combos that it could do before and Performage Damage Juggler is still banned, so Plushfire is very powerful but it is not ridiculously overpowered now that we have links and Damage Juggler is gone.

Genexwrecker wrote:Birdman, gustkraken, and cannahawk cause loops. the rest can go to 3 and i wont care.

I dont know how does Cannahawk cause loops? Aren't most of the RItual Beast monsters restricted to only being special summoned once per turn anyways?

chaseer wrote:Plushfire.... just no. We do not want to relive the horrors of the Tier 0 PePe decks, thank you.

Infernity Archfiend is a notorious no OPT search card, and the last thing we need is a resurgence on an Infernity deck Link-style.

The rest are okay.

I am pretty sure PePe is no longer Tier 0 with the new link rules. You can no longer pendulum summon 5 monsters from the extra deck and do crazy combos like make Cyber Dragon Infinity plus Traptrix Rafflesia on turn one, like you could before back when they were at full power.

Matmasta wrote:Holy shit it's Christen yo sorry I never unbanned you before I retired

Also vile post as always keep it up

Hi man, long time no see it is nice to hear from you again. Its okay, I wouldnt worry about what happened dueling network, now that it is basically gone.
I am not trying to make any more vile posts I am trying to make better posts. Sure alot of people will disagree with the cards I listed, but I am no longer trolling and being toxic by any means.

chaseer

Post #13 by chaseer » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:15 am

Christen57 wrote:
chaseer wrote:Plushfire.... just no. We do not want to relive the horrors of the Tier 0 PePe decks, thank you.

The rest are okay.

I am pretty sure PePe is no longer Tier 0 with the new link rules. You can no longer pendulum summon 5 monsters from the extra deck and do crazy combos like make Cyber Dragon Infinity plus Traptrix Rafflesia on turn one, like you could before back when they were at full power.

Not while you can still make Link monsters. Remember, Pendulum monsters can also be used as Materials for Link Summon, and any Main Monster Zone that is pointed by the Link Monster can also be used as an Extra Deck Monster Zone.

Which frankly speaking, we still don't want Plushfire to go free, yet.

It could also be integrated into a Magician Pendulum deck, which is popular at the moment. That's the last thing we need.
DB username: chaseer
Blizzard ID: Elkaz#1410

"First, seek the counsel of the Lord."

Carolus_Rex

Post #14 by Carolus_Rex » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:00 pm

Yang Xiao Long wrote:

This^ Also dandylion should stay at 1. firewall can loop and combo with that in nasty ways

Is it really necessary to type in all random colors like a cancerous 12-year old? Also what sort of bizarre world have I walked into where we're asking for SPYRAL cards to go on the list. If anything Dandylion should probably be banned for being outright ridiculous and guaranteed to cause some sort of stupid combo at some point with some Plant or WIND Links. Also Gishkis can honestly go and eat a dick because they cause like 4 different infinite loops that take an absurd amount of time to actually kill you.

Full Cowling

Post #15 by Full Cowling » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:18 pm

Carolus_Rex wrote:Is it really necessary to type in all random colors like a cancerous 12-year old? Also what sort of bizarre world have I walked into where we're asking for SPYRAL cards to go on the list. If anything Dandylion should probably be banned for being outright ridiculous and guaranteed to cause some sort of stupid combo at some point with some Plant or WIND Links. Also Gishkis can honestly go and eat a dick because they cause like 4 different infinite loops that take an absurd amount of time to actually kill you.

1) Please refrain from necroing a thread that is a month old.

2) This thread was made to solely state your opinion of the cards listed in the beginning of the thread. Not to share your opinion of others. Do this in a different thread sub-topic such as Spam Paradise.

Carolus_Rex

Post #16 by Carolus_Rex » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:24 pm

Full Cowling wrote:
Carolus_Rex wrote:Is it really necessary to type in all random colors like a cancerous 12-year old? Also what sort of bizarre world have I walked into where we're asking for SPYRAL cards to go on the list. If anything Dandylion should probably be banned for being outright ridiculous and guaranteed to cause some sort of stupid combo at some point with some Plant or WIND Links. Also Gishkis can honestly go and eat a dick because they cause like 4 different infinite loops that take an absurd amount of time to actually kill you.

2) This thread was made to solely state your opinion of the cards listed in the beginning of the thread. Not to share your opinion of others. Do this in a different thread sub-topic such as Spam Paradise.

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but this board is pretty dead. Also, please don't backseat moderate, it's really obnoxious. Dandylion was in the OP, as was the Gishkis mentioned, but I suppose shitposting to appear like a good boy in the eyes of the moderators is something that carried over from the clusterfuck that was DNF.

Christen57

Post #17 by Christen57 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:30 pm

Full Cowling wrote:

1. Who cares if a thread is a month old? If someone still has potentially great information to share, then it can be shared regardless of the thread's "birthdate" and then others can give people the opportunity to pick up where things left off. Also there is no official rule that prohibits people from posting on an old thread, yet.

2. He was not "sharing his opinion of others" he was just calling out someone for posting in rainbow colors. Also he is sharing his opinion of the cards at the beginning of the thread. He shared his opinion that dandylion and some Gishki cards should be banned because of link spam.

Carolus_Rex wrote:
Full Cowling wrote:

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but this board is pretty dead. Also, please don't backseat moderate, it's really obnoxious. Dandylion was in the OP, as was the Gishkis mentioned, but I suppose shitposting to appear like a good boy in the eyes of the moderators is something that carried over from the clusterfuck that was DNF.

I may be going off topic here but how was dueling network forums a "cluster fuck"? Is it because of the moderators that banned people for silly reasons, or some of the staff being childish, and people being toxic and spammy?

MrAwesomePG

Post #18 by MrAwesomePG » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:49 am

*Sees Dandylion*
Clearly someone doesn't know how it can be used for easy Link Summons
Yu-Gi-Oh! Project Games

Return to “Forbidden/Limited List Discussions”