May 2022 Wishlist

Got some predictions for the next F/L list? You can discuss all about them in here.
sophia124

May 2022 Wishlist

Post #1 by sophia124 » Fri May 06, 2022 6:44 am

May 2022 Banlist Wishlist
Banned
Herald of Arc Light
Mecha Phantom Beast Auroradon
Borreload Savage Dragon

Limited
Predaplant Verte Anaconda
Magicalized Fusion
Rite of Aramesir
Salamangreat Circle
Scapegoat
Red-Eyes Fusion

The banned cards are rarely summoned however if its summoned in Turn 1 go first, unless the other player can successfully resolve Nibiru, the Primal Being

I considered banning Verte though, in that case Fusion Destiny and Red-Eyes Fusion isn't as much of a problem if you have to draw it.

Rite of Armesir at 1, would make players more willing to use Solemn Judgment (and Herald of Green Light for Drytron). Though banning it would hurt the Adventure Deck greatly.
Last edited by sophia124 on Sat May 14, 2022 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Renji Asuka

Post #2 by Renji Asuka » Fri May 06, 2022 7:02 am

Borreload Savage Dragon isn't ban worthy, it's a once per turn negate and just acts as a big beater.

Herald of Arc Light isn't ban worthy.

Auroradon requires deck space to fully utilize, it's a non issue.

People only run 1 Verte Anaconda anyways and uses it at end of combo, so putting it to 1 is pointless. It needs banned.

Rite of Aramesir being limited straight up kills Adventurer.

But please, keep showing that players shouldn't make banlists.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

greg503

Post #3 by greg503 » Fri May 06, 2022 1:25 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:Rite of Aramesir being limited straight up kills Adventurer.

Water Enchantress can get it from the GY though
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #4 by Renji Asuka » Fri May 06, 2022 2:52 pm

greg503 wrote:

Relying on another card to use it again seems like a bad thing.

greg503

Post #5 by greg503 » Sat May 07, 2022 12:38 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
greg503 wrote:

Relying on another card to use it again seems like a bad thing.

3 Enchatress + 1 Aramesir is still 4 effective copies of Aramesir (though 3 of them can be Ashed), This is why the OCG just limited BOTH of them
Buy Floowandereeze

sophia124

Post #6 by sophia124 » Sat May 07, 2022 2:41 am

greg503 wrote:3 Enchatress + 1 Aramesir is still 4 effective copies of Aramesir (though 3 of them can be Ashed), This is why the OCG just limited BOTH of them

That seems like a good idea. I like the OCG's paranoia. Though I have one disagreement: I look at the OCG List : Thunder Dragon Colossus is not banned. and Maxx C being legal there. I think Adventure Deck reminds me of Sky Striker in many ways. I do not think Enchantress needs to be limited. If you side deck a card like d.d. crow to banish Aramesir from GY it should be fine. DD Crow banishes it FACE UP not FACE DOWN.

Verte at 0? I like the idea, though I think with more players opting for the Destiny Hero over Dragoon, I can tolerate it at 1 (you tolerated it being at 3, if you didn't you would've quit) - though I'd be happy if Konami banned it. Is the Destiny Hero stronger than Dragoon? Not necessarily.

TCG Konami is sometimes doesn't make any sense. Sometimes they straight out kill a deck (February 2018 TCG Banlist - Pendulums), and sometimes they do almost nothing (March 2012 TCG Banlist - Dinos/Wind-Ups).

However 1 Aramesir should be enough, if it really does hurt it, good players would make the Deck winnable and only those players top is what the game should be. Thats why United States of America never wins World Championship, because Swiss Rounds do not make the top 6 that USA send every year to Worlds be skilled players, but a few have reached 2nd place.

Should floowandereeze be in the list? A common problem is the Mist Valley + Barrier Statue and not drawing side deck cards. Simorgh, Bird of Sovereignty was broken last year, but I dunno, I like siding There Can Only Be One - it might be a good idea for some players to Main it too. If Konami does go this direction to hurt the floowandereeze deck I'd be happy too.

@Renji Asuka
You criticize me for each single post on banlist and not particuarly convincing arguments, maybe 1 good argument out of 10? For this post, Okay I admit, herald of Arc Light/Aurodan/Borreload isn't realistic in TCG (due to Time rules in Tournaments, a player that summons these may take too long to finish their turn) but Konami did ban Self-Destruct Button, though no one uses that. TCG Konami does have a hard time I think separating the tournament and more casual play as a result they fail to really satisfy both groups- one of the reasons why Goat Format tournaments became somewhat popular.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #7 by DarwisBellium92 » Sat May 07, 2022 7:36 am

My wishlist banned:

Turn to 0
Verte
Artifact Scythe

Turn to 1
Brillant Fusion
Rite of Aramesir

And... boh
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist
Albaz/Branded and Gem-Knight/Tearlaments/Shaddoll player

"Not crediting an artist for your crappy custom cards is a world crime."
Cit.

Renji Asuka

Post #8 by Renji Asuka » Sat May 07, 2022 8:19 am

sophia124 wrote:
greg503 wrote:3 Enchatress + 1 Aramesir is still 4 effective copies of Aramesir (though 3 of them can be Ashed), This is why the OCG just limited BOTH of them

That seems like a good idea. I like the OCG's paranoia. Though I have one disagreement: I look at the OCG List : Thunder Dragon Colossus is not banned. and Maxx C being legal there. I think Adventure Deck reminds me of Sky Striker in many ways. I do not think Enchantress needs to be limited. If you side deck a card like d.d. crow to banish Aramesir from GY it should be fine. DD Crow banishes it FACE UP not FACE DOWN.

Verte at 0? I like the idea, though I think with more players opting for the Destiny Hero over Dragoon, I can tolerate it at 1 (you tolerated it being at 3, if you didn't you would've quit) - though I'd be happy if Konami banned it. Is the Destiny Hero stronger than Dragoon? Not necessarily.

TCG Konami is sometimes doesn't make any sense. Sometimes they straight out kill a deck (February 2018 TCG Banlist - Pendulums), and sometimes they do almost nothing (March 2012 TCG Banlist - Dinos/Wind-Ups).

However 1 Aramesir should be enough, if it really does hurt it, good players would make the Deck winnable and only those players top is what the game should be. Thats why United States of America never wins World Championship, because Swiss Rounds do not make the top 6 that USA send every year to Worlds be skilled players, but a few have reached 2nd place.

Should floowandereeze be in the list? A common problem is the Mist Valley + Barrier Statue and not drawing side deck cards. Simorgh, Bird of Sovereignty was broken last year, but I dunno, I like siding There Can Only Be One - it might be a good idea for some players to Main it too. If Konami does go this direction to hurt the floowandereeze deck I'd be happy too.

@Renji Asuka
You criticize me for each single post on banlist and not particuarly convincing arguments, maybe 1 good argument out of 10? For this post, Okay I admit, herald of Arc Light/Aurodan/Borreload isn't realistic in TCG (due to Time rules in Tournaments, a player that summons these may take too long to finish their turn) but Konami did ban Self-Destruct Button, though no one uses that. TCG Konami does have a hard time I think separating the tournament and more casual play as a result they fail to really satisfy both groups- one of the reasons why Goat Format tournaments became somewhat popular.

Yes, I'll criticize anyone who makes a crappy banlist and doesn't understand what cards should be hit and why.

Putting Verte at 1 makes no sense as people only run 1 anyways, and leaving it to be legal to use limits fusion designs in the long term as Konami would have to worry about Verte every time. That is why it should be banned.

Same reasoning I used when Mystic Mine was in its prime when I said that Metaverse needed to be hit, yet people laughed at me for it, but I was right, Metaverse was still hit.

Also Konami banned Self-Destruct Button because it'd cause it'd force a draw. In tournaments because drawing is better than losing.

sophia124

Post #9 by sophia124 » Sat May 07, 2022 9:52 am

As of predictions, thats not the easiest to do. Granted, my opinions may not be popular.

In an earlier post here, I explained Konami has not really made much sense, at least TCG. Like they put Glow Up Bulb at 1 at one point, when most players use 1.

As of "extra deck" monsters that directly search almost anything:

Lavalval Chain - banned in July 2015 - about 2 years 3 months after originally released in TCG around April 2013
Verte - released March 2020. If Konami does ban Verte in May/June then it is around 2 years 2-3 months after TCG first release.

What ifs are funny at this point because Konami often ignores players wishes or does totally random things. For example, March 2012 banlist they didn't ban wind up ftk, and they didn't ban Elpy in March 2021 Banlist, and for some reason they kept Elemental Hero Stratos banned for several years despite only a few players actually topping with Elemental Heroes and half of it wasn't the FTK variant. (Selling products isn't the only reason - it can't be)

Konami does listen to their players base when they limited Benten, when they banned True King of All Calamites, when they banned Smoke Grenade.

If Konami doesn't ban Verte... then I suppose they considered paying 2000 LP fair cost. Again, we don't really know their reasoning, unlike OCG Konami, TCG Konami doesn't post a video explanation.

What confuses me is why between Spring 2021 and January 2022, Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon wasn't taken seriously in TCG but now the Destiny Hero Fusion monster is. While the OCG took both seriously. Thus now a larger percentage NOW (May 2022) want Verte banned BECAUSE of Destiny Hero Fusion monster.

I suppose the "2 years 3 months" rule should be observed? Comparing Verte, I can't think of any other card that is as generic as Lavalval Chain. And that wasn't banned because Infernity knew had to use it (2014 worlds). They should've banned it right after 2014 Worlds, but they didn't.

As of Metaverse, I didn't play when that was around at 3 (unlimited), or at least if I was playing in Duelingbook, every opponent I encountered in Duelingbook didn't use it. I can't recall, was it Spyrals format 2016-2017? Yeah I definitely didn't play much against those decks back then.
Though I did like playing back in Dueling Network and I played a few duels in 2015 against Kozmo and Burning Abyss.

Renji Asuka

Post #10 by Renji Asuka » Sat May 07, 2022 10:17 am

sophia124 wrote:As of predictions, thats not the easiest to do. Granted, my opinions may not be popular.

In an earlier post here, I explained Konami has not really made much sense, at least TCG. Like they put Glow Up Bulb at 1 at one point, when most players use 1.

As of "extra deck" monsters that directly search almost anything:

Lavalval Chain - banned in July 2015 - about 2 years 3 months after originally released in TCG around April 2013
Verte - released March 2020. If Konami does ban Verte in May/June then it is around 2 years 2-3 months after TCG first release.

What ifs are funny at this point because Konami often ignores players wishes or does totally random things. For example, March 2012 banlist they didn't ban wind up ftk, and they didn't ban Elpy in March 2021 Banlist, and for some reason they kept Elemental Hero Stratos banned for several years despite only a few players actually topping with Elemental Heroes and half of it wasn't the FTK variant. (Selling products isn't the only reason - it can't be)

Konami does listen to their players base when they limited Benten, when they banned True King of All Calamites, when they banned Smoke Grenade.

If Konami doesn't ban Verte... then I suppose they considered paying 2000 LP fair cost. Again, we don't really know their reasoning, unlike OCG Konami, TCG Konami doesn't post a video explanation.

What confuses me is why between Spring 2021 and January 2022, Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon wasn't taken seriously in TCG but now the Destiny Hero Fusion monster is. While the OCG took both seriously. Thus now a larger percentage NOW (May 2022) want Verte banned BECAUSE of Destiny Hero Fusion monster.

I suppose the "2 years 3 months" rule should be observed? Comparing Verte, I can't think of any other card that is as generic as Lavalval Chain. And that wasn't banned because Infernity knew had to use it (2014 worlds). They should've banned it right after 2014 Worlds, but they didn't.

As of Metaverse, I didn't play when that was around at 3 (unlimited), or at least if I was playing in Duelingbook, every opponent I encountered in Duelingbook didn't use it. I can't recall, was it Spyrals format 2016-2017? Yeah I definitely didn't play much against those decks back then.
Though I did like playing back in Dueling Network and I played a few duels in 2015 against Kozmo and Burning Abyss.

Was definitely not spiral format, as that deck was already smacked when Mystic Mine became highly relevant because of Lilith, Trap Trick, Metaverse allowing Mystic Mine to be played effectively as a trap that odds are was backed up by Ojama Trio or Ojama Duo.

greg503

Post #11 by greg503 » Sat May 07, 2022 1:34 pm

Remember when Konami TCG tried to sidestep banning pre-errata Firewall Dragon, they limited A
Buy Floowandereeze

Return to “Forbidden/Limited List Discussions”