"you cannot Normal Summon/Set or Special Summon monsters with that name nor activate their monster effects" ≠ Balanced

Got some predictions for the next F/L list? You can discuss all about them in here.
james123
Mood:

"you cannot Normal Summon/Set or Special Summon monsters with that name nor activate their monster effects" ≠ Balanced

Post #1 by james123 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:28 am

(AKA Why Isolde should be Hit.)

Well, you all know Isolde being too Splashable AF. Searching Any Warrior at the cost of being unable to to do sh*t with it, and Dumping Equip Spells to summon a Warrior. However, the Dark Secret about her. You know the Gouki Knightmare, the Splashability, and the Abusability of cards like Phoenix Blade.

Because, this is the reason why she should be Banned because "you cannot Normal Summon/Set or Special Summon monsters with that name nor activate their monster effects" ≠ Balanced. Even though you give a monster a HOPT and/or a Restriction that prevents you from doing stuff with the Added monster doesn't mean the card is balanced.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2 by Lil Oldman » Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:53 am

Honestly, I haven't seen isolde do anything really. I only remember back at that format you looked for a Gouki you already summoned, and used the equip dump to summon octostrech (Or Headbatt if you ran Living Fossil and drew Octo). It was like todays Halqifibrax, but way less splashable, since it requires warriors and equip spells to do stuff, which are way less splashable than simple tuners.
I don't know of any deck that abuses it's first effect nowadays. The second one no doubt, but Halqi currently is the better crad from the 2 links.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Christen57

Post #3 by Christen57 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:26 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:I don't know of any deck that abuses it's first effect nowadays. The second one no doubt, but Halqi currently is the better crad from the 2 links.

I would often use Isolde's first effect to add a WATER Warrior to discard with Deep Sea Minstrel's effect to get rid of any hand trap my opponent had so I could go full combo. Isolde's first effect would also be used to search materials for ritual/fusion summons, pendulum Warriors to place in the pendulum zone for their pendulum effects or to set up for a pendulum summon, powerful Warriors that could be summoned the following turn to close out games, and so on.

Halqifibrax has more splashability, yes, but Isolde had more power since it can search up to 2 cards (by adding a card with it's first effect, and by special summoning another card with it's second) instead of 1 like Halqifibrax.

greg503

Post #4 by greg503 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:29 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:Honestly, I haven't seen isolde do anything really. I only remember back at that format you looked for a Gouki you already summoned, and used the equip dump to summon octostrech (Or Headbatt if you ran Living Fossil and drew Octo). It was like todays Halqifibrax, but way less splashable, since it requires warriors and equip spells to do stuff, which are way less splashable than simple tuners.
I don't know of any deck that abuses it's first effect nowadays. The second one no doubt, but Halqi currently is the better crad from the 2 links.

In Master Duel it's a core part of Igknight FTK
Buy Floowandereeze

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #5 by Lil Oldman » Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:26 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:I don't know of any deck that abuses it's first effect nowadays. The second one no doubt, but Halqi currently is the better crad from the 2 links.

I would often use Isolde's first effect to add a WATER Warrior to discard with Deep Sea Minstrel's effect to get rid of any hand trap my opponent had so I could go full combo. Isolde's first effect would also be used to search materials for ritual/fusion summons, pendulum Warriors to place in the pendulum zone for their pendulum effects or to set up for a pendulum summon, powerful Warriors that could be summoned the following turn to close out games, and so on.

Halqifibrax has more splashability, yes, but Isolde had more power since it can search up to 2 cards (by adding a card with it's first effect, and by special summoning another card with it's second) instead of 1 like Halqifibrax.

Yes I know that the card becomes basically free fodder. Gouki Knightmare used to use the free search for discard fodder for Mermaid or Goblin. And even Gouki started using Neo-space Connector for Aqua Dolphin, another handtrap remover.
What I say is that although Isolde is stronger, it's required to both run a brick or 2 to use it fully and have a dedicated warrior deck, unlike halqi that doesnt require bricks, has less restrictive materials and requires a more spread out type.
I think of it as something similar to the debate with DPE and Red Eyes Dragoon. The benefits from one do not outweight it's requirements.
Imo Isolde isn't that big of a deal, because there's currently, in my opinion at least, a good warrior deck that can abuse both effects fully.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Return to “Forbidden/Limited List Discussions”