IF Konami frees Maxx C (Big IF there)

Got some predictions for the next F/L list? You can discuss all about them in here.
Rye Bread
Mood:

IF Konami frees Maxx C (Big IF there)

Post #1 by Rye Bread » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:03 am

"Risky" unbans like Maxx C, Konami will release at 1; it's been their style like with Snatch Steal and Magician of Faith. If they prove too powerful like Snatch Steal, Konami will ban again on the next list. Otherwise, will either remain limited or go semi/unlimit.

Still I have some fair doubts of the bugs being released, but hey who knows....

Renji Asuka

Post #2 by Renji Asuka » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:12 pm

Maxx "C" isn't "risky", its a flat no. Think about this.

Maxx "C" was at 3, everyone ran 3, then Konami was like "Hey, this card is over performing, so lets limit it." That's what they did.

The problem that caused was the fact that whoever had Maxx "C" first, typically would win the duel. This wasn't okay, and that is why it was banned.

Here's why Maxx "C" can't come back.

Do you really want to let players create multi negate boards, just to have a Maxx "C" in hand, to gain resources IF your opponent was able to push through? And let's say they weren't able to push through it. The very idea that the player with the multi negate board would end up gaining more resources or flat out ending the turn just because of that card.

Its a different situation than Snatch Steal.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Christen57

Post #3 by Christen57 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:54 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:Maxx "C" isn't "risky", its a flat no. Think about this.

Maxx "C" was at 3, everyone ran 3, then Konami was like "Hey, this card is over performing, so lets limit it." That's what they did.

The problem that caused was the fact that whoever had Maxx "C" first, typically would win the duel. This wasn't okay, and that is why it was banned.

Do you really want to let players create multi negate boards, just to have a Maxx "C" in hand, to gain resources IF your opponent was able to push through? And let's say they weren't able to push through it. The very idea that the player with the multi negate board would end up gaining more resources or flat out ending the turn just because of that card.

What about errata'ing it so you have to control no cards to use it?

greg503

Post #4 by greg503 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:05 pm

Buy Flundereeze
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #5 by Renji Asuka » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:31 pm

Christen57 wrote:

Then it'd be absolute trash. Let me explain, If you couldn't control any cards, it'd only be good going 2nd. There is a lot of decks that want to go first that effectively could not use it. In which case you make going 2nd even stronger. Remember, Maxx "C" was able to end people's turns. Sure some decks took the Maxx "C" challenge and still won (Hieratics for example was a great deck that would take on the Maxx "C" challenge)

Also I rather Konami Not errata cards and keep them banned, than to unban cards after butchering the card. (RIP Crush Card Virus and friends).

greg503

Post #6 by greg503 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:57 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Then it'd be absolute trash. Let me explain, If you couldn't control any cards, it'd only be good going 2nd. There is a lot of decks that want to go first that effectively could not use it. In which case you make going 2nd even stronger. Remember, Maxx "C" was able to end people's turns. Sure some decks took the Maxx "C" challenge and still won (Hieratics for example was a great deck that would take on the Maxx "C" challenge)

Also I rather Konami Not errata cards and keep them banned, than to unban cards after butchering the card. (RIP Crush Card Virus and friends).

Eventually they'll do something to Maxx "C" to get them sold
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #7 by Renji Asuka » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:27 pm

greg503 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

They technically don't have to sell Maxx "C" again. They already earned a lot of money from sets it was in.

greg503

Post #8 by greg503 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:51 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:

They technically don't have to sell Maxx "C" again. They already earned a lot of money from sets it was in.

But it's a perfect compliment to Flundereeze, buy Flundereeze
Buy Floowandereeze

Return to “Forbidden/Limited List Discussions”