Cards that could come off the banlist V2

Got some predictions for the next F/L list? You can discuss all about them in here.
greg503

Re: Cards that could come off the banlist V2

Post #21 by greg503 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:44 pm

Futuregamer wrote:3)"True Draco" can go off themselves.
4)If "Pankratops" wasn't as generic (if he imposed some kind of archetype lock), sure. Right now he is way too splashable as a strictly upgraded version of "Evilswarm Mandragora", and I really don't like how his tributed destruction effect can be used on the opponent's turn. He was made to support the otherwise extremely weak "Dinowrestlers", with the same mindset as how "Toadally" was made to support the extremely weak "Frogs". He shouldn't have been generic to begin with.

19)"Wall of Revealing Light": Pretty sure the limit is related to the ability to drastically and with full control lower your LP with no interaction with the opponent, not the attack block.

Master Peace died for the sins of floodgates. Pankratops is a going second card that I think is fine at 3, considering handtraps and Kaijus as usually more valuable.

And yes, Wall + Last Turn/Self Destruct Button was a thing
Buy Floowandereeze

Christen57

Post #22 by Christen57 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:17 pm

Futuregamer wrote:1)"Cyber Jar": Drawing 5 is the problem, the torrential might as well not even be there. It would definitely be abused, especially since unlike "Morphing" you get to keep the rest of the cards in your hand. I wouldn't use the folks playing banned cards in customs as a measurement. They're not exactly known for their brilliance.
2)My issue with "Tsuki" is that it goes against what the archetype is about. It removed the risk factor of Dangers! (you know... the "danger") and just straight up gives you a special. Otherwise I agree it's not much of a problem, it's just cheap. (though I'm really not in a hurry for PK to get more viable cards).
3)"True Draco" can go off themselves.
4)If "Pankratops" wasn't as generic (if he imposed some kind of archetype lock), sure. Right now he is way too splashable as a strictly upgraded version of "Evilswarm Mandragora", and I really don't like how his tributed destruction effect can be used on the opponent's turn. He was made to support the otherwise extremely weak "Dinowrestlers", with the same mindset as how "Toadally" was made to support the extremely weak "Frogs". He shouldn't have been generic to begin with.
5)"Birdman" could get an HOPT and come out right now. Without an HOPT he is a bit questionable though.
6)Both "Cyber" and "Morphing" are only going to get used by degenerates if we increase their consistency. I still remember the braindead deckouts from "Morphings" back in the day.
7)While he does feel a bit cheap, I agree that "Skullcrobat" could be at 3. His effect triggers on Normal, it's fine if it +es.
8)Going +1 from a normal is fine, but "Skyblaster" can go from +2 to +3, all of which will end up being Link Materials. He is too much for me.
9)Yep, "Red-Eyes" is pretty much good to go.
10)"Servant": Really not a fan of Pendulum effects +ing you.
11)"Quik-Fix" is a searcher with no hopt that has a self-special, he's bloody terrible. "Spyrals" are just designed cheap in general, having way too many searchers for the same types of cards and +es. If it were up to me, "Quik-Fix" would get banned instead.
12)...Hm... You know what? Why not.
13)The issue is that "Daigusto Emerald" can return "Daigusto Emerald" as one of the cards. He allows loops.
14)Big hmmm on "Card Destruction". Maybe pull it off for 3 months and see what happens, I'm sceptical but not certain, it is a -1 after all.
15)It's an E-Teleport +bonus, it's fine where it is.
16)Like with "Card Destruction", I'm sceptical but we could take it off for a few months and see where it goes.
17)Agreed, "Raigeki" can come off (and on the other hand I believe "Harpy's Feather" needs to get banned again).
18)"Barrage" is still a special from deck, and you need to be very careful with those. It should have had some kind of type limitation to make sure it doesn't get splashed into other sh!t.
19)"Wall of Revealing Light": Pretty sure the limit is related to the ability to drastically and with full control lower your LP with no interaction with the opponent, not the attack block.
20)Once again, lets take "Double Iris" off and see what happens. If he searched other stuff he would be dangerous, but "Pendulumgraphs" are thankfully relatively weak.

The main problem with True Draco was Master Peace, as well as the monarch floodgate cards like that field spell locking you out of the extra deck and the continuous trap negating all non-tribute summoned monster effects. Dinomight isn't much of a problem.

Even if morphing jar could lead to some deckouts, having a deckout deck in the format alongside the other meta decks would still be cool, and it would still be balanced by how slow flip effects are since you'd have to set them face down and wait for the opponent to attack into it or something.

Servant requires setup and is hard once per turn, so it wouldn't really be abused more than once if it went back to 3.

Dracoslayer decks are still terrible due to the pendulum nerfs. Giving them back their 3 copies of Face-Off won't make them too strong.

I really think Konami hit the wrong SPYRAL cards. They should have gone after Sleeper and Last Resort. SPYRALs doing a bunch of basic searches was okay. SPYRALs ending on Tri-Gate Wizard co-linked to 3 monsters + untargetable Sleeper was the main problem. I wanted SPYRAL to be weakened, not made unplayable.

We've already got a danger monster and some pendulum cards slowly coming off the banlist. Skullcrobat Joker will probably go to 3 next banlist, the same way Iris went to 3 this banlist.

greg503 wrote:Do you really want to give your opponent a chance to draw Imperm, Droplets, Nibiru, Tactics, etc?

It gives you a chance to draw those cards too.

mogu

Post #23 by mogu » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:38 pm

And harp horror

Return to “Forbidden/Limited List Discussions”